Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 103>
Author
Message
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Offline
Points: 22558
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 5:25pm
We have both been making an effort to use less gas and electricity, the bill was $15 higher this month. Confused

I noticed this morning that the fridge is running frequently and longer when it does run. I wish I never bought this freaking thing, it's has the freezer on the bottom with a pull out drawer.

There is a plastic, louvered trim piece that helps filter the air going in. I have cleaned that a dozen times in the 5 or 6 years we've had this.  (dog hair, everywhere)  Today, I went and got the trouble light out of the garage.  This house is miserably dark anyway, I don't see that well and I just knew this thing can work better. 

Sure enough, the narrow vacuum attachment (edges) got clogged,  the hair was so bad behind the trim piece. It should work a lot better now.

How Can These Girls/Young Looking Women Have Problems With Those Jeans?
Back to Top
Sponsored Links



Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 46231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

We have both been making an effort to use less gas and electricity, the bill was $15 higher this month. Confused

I noticed this morning that the fridge is running frequently and longer when it does run. I wish I never bought this freaking thing, it's has the freezer on the bottom with a pull out drawer.

There is a plastic, louvered trim piece that helps filter the air going in. I have cleaned that a dozen times in the 5 or 6 years we've had this.  (dog hair, everywhere)  Today, I went and got the trouble light out of the garage.  This house is miserably dark anyway, I don't see that well and I just knew this thing can work better. 

Sure enough, the narrow vacuum attachment (edges) got clogged,  the hair was so bad behind the trim piece. It should work a lot better now.


It also helps it to run less if you keep it packed with frozen food, as the frozen food acts like big ice cubes that keep the temp down.

If you are low on food, plastic bottles filled with water work too.

Before hurricane Irma hit, I filled up about eight 2 liter soda bottles with water and froze them solid. For the two days that my power was out, I was able to drink ice cold soda by keeping it in there. Kept my frozen vegetables and a pack of hot dogs in a soft-sided thermal zipper cooler along with a couple of dry ice packs shoved in the back with the frozen bottles packed around it.

After two days of no power, the dogs and veggies were still frozen.
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Offline
Points: 22558
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:




It also helps it to run less if you keep it packed with frozen food, as the frozen food acts like big ice cubes that keep the temp down.

If you are low on food, plastic bottles filled with water work too.

Before hurricane Irma hit, I filled up about eight 2 liter soda bottles with water and froze them solid. For the two days that my power was out, I was able to drink ice cold soda by keeping it in there. Kept my frozen vegetables and a pack of hot dogs in a soft-sided thermal zipper cooler along with a couple of dry ice packs shoved in the back with the frozen bottles packed around it.

After two days of no power, the dogs and veggies were still frozen.
Good advice, Jimbo.

But? Do your doctor and Anduril know you are eating dogs? Wink





How Can These Girls/Young Looking Women Have Problems With Those Jeans?
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 46231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Good advice, Jimbo.

But? Do your doctor and Anduril know you are eating dogs? Wink


Yes, they do.

Am I proud of it?

No.

BUT I JUST CAN'T RESIST!!!!


Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Status: Offline
Points: 2002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:48pm
Those dogs are so cute I just want to eat 'em all up!
Back to Top
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Status: Offline
Points: 2002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:48pm
Jimbo gives cool advice.  LOL
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 46231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Jimbo gives cool advice.  LOL


Thanks, baby.


Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 6963
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 5:46am
Quote If you are low on food, plastic bottles filled with water work too.
 

Some good advice is to fill the bottles & jugs a little at a time & freeze them before adding more, repeating until full.  This keeps them from really bulging (and splitting) as well as lessening the strain on your freezer to freeze up large amounts at once.  2-liters can be filled & frozen in one go (as the bottles can withstand the pressure buildup.)
I had my freezer stuffed with about 20 bottles (1-gals, half-gals, & 2-liters), which gives me about 6 days before I have to worry about too much thawing (though any ice cream melts after a day or so.)  On Day 4 I had a pound of shrimp for lunch (even though it was still icy.  I got tired of burgers...)

Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 46231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote If you are low on food, plastic bottles filled with water work too.


Some good advice is to fill the bottles & jugs a little at a time & freeze them before adding more, repeating until full.  This keeps them from really bulging (and splitting) as well as lessening the strain on your freezer to freeze up large amounts at once.  2-liters can be filled & frozen in one go (as the bottles can withstand the pressure buildup.)


I just don't fill them up all the way to the top. On a 2 liter soda bottle, I fill it to the point where the side of the bottle starts to curve inwards towards the neck. Works fine.
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Offline
Points: 22558
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 5:49pm
I backed my truck in the garage sideways yesterday just hoping to find the energy to clean it up today.

I've been a good dog! Swept the interior, washed the exterior and washed the floor mats.

The old POS still looks pretty good. I have to make a pack of cigarettes and my work is done for the day.

How Can These Girls/Young Looking Women Have Problems With Those Jeans?
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56686
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:48pm
Did some cleaning, laundry, made about 13 meatloaves (small ones, but 3lbs of beef worth).
 
Mostly, hung with cat Mal.  Gave him all sorts of food that he seems to like---some wet cat treats, tuna, canned chicken with broth, canned cream.  I got him to go upstairs again.  He stopped going there about 4 days ago.  He seemed more alert and interested.  I'm glad.  Maybe I'll get a few more days, even weeks, with him.
 
 
Back to Top
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 6963
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 5:38am
My newspaper thief struck again.  Found the outline of where the paper had been (rain overnight washed some sand around it) and a bike tire track leading away.  <sigh>  Time to put a camera out again...
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 46231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 6:34am
My question is... In this day and age, who still gets the newspaper anyway????

Call the Sentinel and either a) cancel your subscription or b) ask them to instruct the carrier to deposit your paper on your doorstep or, if you have a screened in front porch, inside of it.


Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Offline
Points: 22558
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 5:40pm
Our little town has a weekly newspaper, I don't even know if there is any online content.
I don't have home delivery but I can always find a reason to go into town. About a mile each way.

If you have a mailbox, Mr. T. Have your carrier put it in there.

I did a couple little, very little painting jobs today.  There is a gas line in Leah's former run for a gas grill.
I never even used it but I noticed that the threads (3/4" black pipe) were a little rusty.  I cleaned it up with a wire brush and tried to find some black spray paint. The second can I found still worked.

My old wheelbarrow used to belong to my father and is probably older than I am.  It has spent its fair share of time outside. The handles needed some paint if I hope to keep using this thing for a few more years. That second can of spray paint? It was a baby (3 oz.) can. I can't believe I didn't run out before I was done. 

How Can These Girls/Young Looking Women Have Problems With Those Jeans?
Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 6148
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Our little town has a weekly newspaper, I don't even know if there is any online content.
I don't have home delivery but I can always find a reason to go into town. About a mile each way.

If you have a mailbox, Mr. T. Have your carrier put it in there.

I did a couple little, very little painting jobs today.  There is a gas line in Leah's former run for a gas grill.
I never even used it but I noticed that the threads (3/4" black pipe) were a little rusty.  I cleaned it up with a wire brush and tried to find some black spray paint. The second can I found still worked.

My old wheelbarrow used to belong to my father and is probably older than I am.  It has spent its fair share of time outside. The handles needed some paint if I hope to keep using this thing for a few more years. That second can of spray paint? It was a baby (3 oz.) can. I can't believe I didn't run out before I was done. 
The U.S. Postal Service would like to warn people that only authorized U.S. Postal Service delivery personnel are allowed to place items in a mailbox. By law, a mailbox is intended only for receipt of postage-paid U.S. Mail.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 46231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

The U.S. Postal Service would like to warn people that only authorized U.S. Postal Service delivery personnel are allowed to place items in a mailbox. By law, a mailbox is intended only for receipt of postage-paid U.S. Mail.


That's why they make these things, Sarge...



Of course, it would be just as easy to steal the paper out of one of those as it would be to steal it off the driveway.

I'd have it delivered onto the porch.

Or maybe put up a warning sign to whoever is doing it, that they are on security camera.


Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Offline
Points: 22558
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 6:20pm
No offense, Sarge. Screw the USPS!!  A very successful business model...NOT!



Let me stress again...I'm joking! Wink

How Can These Girls/Young Looking Women Have Problems With Those Jeans?
Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 6148
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

The U.S. Postal Service would like to warn people that only authorized U.S. Postal Service delivery personnel are allowed to place items in a mailbox. By law, a mailbox is intended only for receipt of postage-paid U.S. Mail.


That's why they make these things, Sarge...



Of course, it would be just as easy to steal the paper out of one of those as it would be to steal it off the driveway.

I'd have it delivered onto the porch.

Or maybe put up a warning sign to whoever is doing it, that they are on security camera.


That's the one across the street from my house rain drops and all. When were you in town?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 46231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

That's the one across the street from my house rain drops and all. When were you in town?


If I told you, that would spoil everything!!!!

Besides, how do you know I'm not still there...?

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 46231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 3:39pm
Dr's appointment today @ 1:45.

Probate lawyer's appointment tomorrow @ 3pm. One hour drive each way to boot.

Be glad when it's all over with.
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 46231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:19pm
I'm sitting in my car, in the rain, parked near the entrance to a city park on the edge of the Indian River in Cocoa, Fl.,   waiting until it's time to meet with the lawyer about a block or two from here at 3pm.

I can't go into the main park because it's closed due to extensive hurricane damage, so I walked up into the new (since the old days when I lived over here) part of the park, and found a covered place to sit and eat the Wawa Philly cheesesteak sub I'd bought back in Orlando on my way over here.

Good thing I was wearing my old t-shirt that I only wore for the drive, rather than my "go to meetin'" shirt, because I slopped cheese sauce down the front of myself.

Came back to the car and figured it couldn't hurt to try and see if there was a free wifi signal floating around and sure enough, there was!!!

So here I am.

Burp.




Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Offline
Points: 22558
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:27pm
That's pretty smart, to bring a spare shirt. My belly gets in the way sometimes.

Do you expect everything to go well with the probate lawyer? Do you and your sister agree on everything?

How Can These Girls/Young Looking Women Have Problems With Those Jeans?
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 46231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:27pm
Can't say for sure.

I hope so.
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56686
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm
Good luck with the lawyer!
 
I noticed those trees in the pics look pretty sparse.  I guess the hurricanes did a number on them.  I've especially noticed how gnarled the palm trees became in footage of the various hurricanes.
 
 
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Offline
Points: 22558
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 6:14pm
I can run the vacuum more often now that Leah is gone, she would attack it.

It takes a lot longer to fill up the sweeper bag but the carpeting does not look that clean.

I have the old Eureka 'The Boss' upright. Who am I to argue with the boss? Tongue

I knew I had another HEPA filter out there in the junk filled abyss that is the garage.

My Eureka moment!



What a difference, not only does the exhaust smell a little better it is actually picking up more stuff.
It even sounds different, like a little jet engine. I'm so happy right now.





How Can These Girls/Young Looking Women Have Problems With Those Jeans?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 103>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.094 seconds.



"CANDIE!"