Print Page | Close Window

Shows You Would Like To Go Away In 2016

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: The Message Board
Forum Name: Television Related Rants
Forum Description: That awful stuff between the bad commercials.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22640
Printed Date: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:46am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Shows You Would Like To Go Away In 2016
Posted By: churvan
Subject: Shows You Would Like To Go Away In 2016
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 7:03pm
Dancing With The Stars --  One of my "insta-leave" programs every time it comes up.  Long in the tooth.  What's with these dance show audiences shrieking every time a dance routine comes up like teenyboppers in a 1964 BeatleMania concert.

The Doctors -- More shrieking (can't believe they're THAT excited to see a doctor on tv). Just like "Dancing With The Stars", it jumps on the celebrity obession bandwagon in any shape of form possible.  Travis Stork needs some remedial speech lessons asap.

Keeping Up with the Krapdashians (err Kardashians) -- Enough Said!

Extra Extra (with puke-demigod Mario Lopez), TMZ, & the grandaddy of gossip crap "Entertainment Tonight"

Billy On The Street (Tru Tv) -- Who did he sleep with to have his show which is utterly pointless and annoying....Now "Billy On The Streets Of Isis" would make things much more interesting!

Yesterday, there were two promos I saw for a "rap game" reality show with Jermaine Dupri (the leperchaun of rap) and another one for mentally disabled individuals looking to enter the dating game.  Cry



Replies:
Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 7:15pm
Do you shop at Publix, Churvan?  Tongue
At least 'American Idol' is in it's last season.

-------------
Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2...Say what?


Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 7:35pm
I don't really want any of them to go away.
 
 


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 7:40pm
I'd like to see most of the network crap go away, but instead, I just don't watch any of it.



-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!


Posted By: churvan
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 9:46pm
I shop at Publix every now and then.  Even though they are on the pricier side of the supermarket spectrum, they do carry certain items (such as certain sauces) that I am not able to get at other grocers.  Plus they usually carry good prices on expresso coffee and their deli foods (subs, fried chicken) are better than in many fast food places.

With the end of American Idol, there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel BeerBig smile


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by churvan churvan wrote:

I shop at Publix every now and then.  Even though they are on the pricier side of the supermarket spectrum, they do carry certain items (such as certain sauces) that I am not able to get at other grocers.  Plus they usually carry good prices on expresso coffee and their deli foods (subs, fried chicken) are better than in many fast food places.

With the end of American Idol, there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel BeerBig smile


Public has some decent sale prices, but like you said, some of their deli stuff is better than you can get at any other grocery store OR fast food place.

Plus, it is just a very pleasant place to shop. Always clean and the employees are always very friendly and polite.

Re: the crappy TV future... they'll find some even more nauseating slop to replace AI with.



-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!


Posted By: Darthhillbilly
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 10:22pm
Fuller House. That sh*t needs to be stopped before it even starts. You don't fish a turd out of the toilet and throw it on a plate with a few beans and try to pass it off as a fresh meatloaf.

-------------
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

You don't fish a turd out of the toilet and throw it on a plate with a few beans and try to pass it off as a fresh meatloaf.


Voice of experience talking....?

A lesson learned the hard way, maybe?






-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!


Posted By: Darthhillbilly
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

You don't fish a turd out of the toilet and throw it on a plate with a few beans and try to pass it off as a fresh meatloaf.


Voice of experience talking....?

A lesson learned the hard way, maybe?





Yes, I'm certain I've experienced this turd before. Wink


-------------
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson


Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 12:20am
When a friend of mine was a little kid, his older brother did just that.  Well, something similar.  He put some turds on bread, and told my friend it was a meatloaf sandwich.
 
 


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 12:39am
A friend of mine got pissed at his older brother bugging him for a milkshake, so he put canned dog food in a blender with some milk and served it to him.

Might have been funny if not for the fact that his older brother was blind since birth.





-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!


Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 1:01am
Downton Abbey, thank you kindly, very much, as it were, with regards. Gone on WAY past its due, and the antics in the last series (not sure if it's aired stateside yet or not, so I'll refrain...suffice it to say, something grotesque happened that was BIG enough to warrant mention on Channel 4's "Big Fat Quiz of the Year") were a bit much and formulaic.

Mrs. Brown's Boys...it's utter wank, and that's from someone who admittedly enjoys quite a bit of wank.

America-side, can we get rid of any reality TV star who's been proven to be a fake (Theresa Caputo, here's to you, bitch.) and possibly make a rule of ONE genre show per network? I think we've all wearied of Travel Channel being the "fat men stuff their faces with weird gigantic meals while hunting for ghosts.


-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!


Posted By: i8acannibal
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

A friend of mine got pissed at his older brother bugging him for a milkshake, so he put canned dog food in a blender with some milk and served it to him.

Might have been funny if not for the fact that his older brother was blind since birth.




Did he not have a sense of smell? Confused


-------------
'In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus to contribute something to solving overpopulation' - Deutsche Presse Agentur Prince Philiip (1988)


Posted By: i8acannibal
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 8:26am
All "reality" tv should be canceled. The Kartrashians, the "real" housewives, the 20+ Alaska shows, the redneck shows... Christ,  there's just too many. Now we're going to get rapping children... yay... 


-------------
'In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus to contribute something to solving overpopulation' - Deutsche Presse Agentur Prince Philiip (1988)


Posted By: churvan
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Public has some decent sale prices, but like you said, some of their deli stuff is better than you can get at any other grocery store OR fast food place.
 


Plus, it is just a very pleasant place to shop. Always clean and the employees are always very friendly and polite.

[/QUOTE]

Definitely shopping at Publix is a 360 degree difference from the ruckus at Walmart, especially on weekends.  Sometimes I'll even go to Publix or another store other than Walmart just to avoid the Walmart stress.

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:



Re: the crappy TV future... they'll find some even more nauseating slop to replace AI with.


Now that you mentioned it, it wouldn't be hard for them to prop up another craptacular show.  I can imagine they could do an updated, revamped version of "Star Search" with the obnoxious, conceited Nigel Lythgoe and the former laughing hyena host from "So You Think You Can Dance".  SickSick


Posted By: regulus
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by churvan churvan wrote:

I shop at Publix every now and then.  Even though they are on the pricier side of the supermarket spectrum, they do carry certain items (such as certain sauces) that I am not able to get at other grocers.  Plus they usually carry good prices on expresso coffee and their deli foods (subs, fried chicken) are better than in many fast food places.


Every now and then you'll find something that's cheaper at Publix than it is at "Uncle Wally's" (That's Wal-Mart for those of you in Rio Linda!) such as selling Rib Roasts at 7.00 a pound this past Christmas week. Thumbs Up


-------------
I'm the friendly stranger in the black sedan, would you hop into my car!


Posted By: msmadz
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 2:18pm
Fab Life - Good God, I left the TV on and heard a bunch of screeching idiots that damn near made my ears bleed. A bunch of bimbettes with absolutely nothing worthwhile coming out of their glossy pie holes.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Madawee





Posted By: churvan
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 4:04pm
I wouldn't mind "Shark Tank" jumping into a tank of alligators for the grand finale.


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Fab Life - Good God, I left the TV on and heard a bunch of screeching idiots that damn near made my ears bleed. A bunch of bimbettes with absolutely nothing worthwhile coming out of their glossy pie holes.




"...glossy pie holes."



-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

A friend of mine got pissed at his older brother bugging him for a milkshake, so he put canned dog food in a blender with some milk and served it to him.

Might have been funny if not for the fact that his older brother was blind since birth.





Did he not have a sense of smell? Confused


I'm sure he did, but I guess my friend didn't put in a whole can or maybe he put a lid on the glass and stuck a straw in it. I don't know, because it happened many years before I was acquainted with either of them and heard the story second hand.



-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!


Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 7:24pm
Survivor
The Bachelor
The Bachelorette
The Amazing Race - The teams are always yelling at each other...
Jerry Springer
Maury
Steve Wilkos (the last three are cleared until the 17-18 season, ugh!)
FABLife (Don't like that one either.)
The Voice - Ripoff of American Idol.
The Biggest Loser
Most of the Alaska shows
My 600-Lb Life
Wendy Williams
Hell's Kitchen
Naked & Afraid - Two people dressed nude trying to survive in the wild. Disgusting. Bear Grylls and Man vs. Wild was interesting. These two were NOT.
Keeping up with the Kar"trash"ians
Real Housewives of (Insert Here), USA - I'm sure if someone created an idea for a Real Housewives of Wichita, or a Real Housewives of Billings, Bravo would jump on it.
The People's Couch (also Bravo...people's reactions to stupid reality shows)

So glad American Idol is DONE!! It jumped the shark too many years ago, after Simon & Paula left. Then Randy left and it was the final nail in the coffin. The last couple of winners made it NOWHERE after the initial finale, while Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have created major success in the pop and country genres.


-------------
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)


Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 5:57am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Survivor
The Voice - Ripoff of American Idol.
 
Well, if you really want to go backwards, Both shows are rip-offs of Star Search, and I'm sure shows like it existed even further back. :P

Regarding Survivor, it's annoying tosh, certainly, but there is a variant I'd like to see: Something akin to "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here". Same basic concept, but with actual celebs.

In fact...on that note, I think this is the one thing American entertainment has missed since the golden era...there's no feeling of connection. We have all these celebs, but they all exist in a vacuum.

We have no panel shows. Panel shows are a staple in UK television, and wonderful. Quiz shows like QI, 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown, Would I Lie to You, Did I say that, etc. Where actual famous people in various facets of the entertainment world.

Discussion shows about current events like Mock the Week, Have I Got Even More News For you, 8 Out of 10 Cats, etc. It's sensible discussion, fun, lighthearted and fosters a sense of connection. I've started watching some really great shows, simply because I "got to know" an actor in them from appearing on so many of these shows.


-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 7:47am
I'd like to see a show called "Abduct A Celebrity Then Hold Them Captive In A Filthy Dungeon As Your Sex Slave And Torture Them For A Month".

I think I could watch something like that.





-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!


Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 9:36am
With your host, Ariel Castro!

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!


Posted By: churvan
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 7:26pm
With Ariel dead, they may have to hologram him for the show.


Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 7:46pm
Just have someone wear his skin.

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!


Posted By: i8acannibal
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 9:54am
Anything on the Discovery channel. It's all just reality tv now. I don't mind the survival shows, but do they need so many? And the Alaska shows. There have to be at least 10 on now. Same with the "gold" hunting shows. Why so many? I used to like the Discovery channel back in the day. What happened? Now I might find one show to watch over a two week period. I don't know. 

-------------
'In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus to contribute something to solving overpopulation' - Deutsche Presse Agentur Prince Philiip (1988)


Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 10:02am
^Agreed, with Mythbusters going off the air, I see it as a pointless exercise to watch Discovery anymore!

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off


Posted By: i8acannibal
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 10:33am
Ha! Mythbusters is the only show that I actually watched on Discovery channel. It is on this Saturday at 8pm Est. That seems to be the only time for a while (at least two weeks). What a shame. I wish I got the Science channel. They've been having a Mythbusters marathon for the last week up until January 4th. The whole series, I think. 

-------------
'In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus to contribute something to solving overpopulation' - Deutsche Presse Agentur Prince Philiip (1988)


Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 3:26am
Star Search was fun. Ed McMahon mixed with a bunch of GOOD music, and a bunch of celebrities came out of that show. Rosie O'Donnell, the country band Sawyer Brown, Beyonce, Linda Eder, etc.
American Idol was practically like Star Search, and a few big stars came out of that show as well. But The Voice and all of these other shows are too much reality TV for me...


-------------
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)


Posted By: churvan
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 5:09am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Survivor
The Bachelor
The Bachelorette
The Amazing Race - The teams are always yelling at each other...
Jerry Springer
Maury
Steve Wilkos (the last three are cleared until the 17-18 season, ugh!)
FABLife (Don't like that one either.)
The Voice - Ripoff of American Idol.
The Biggest Loser
Most of the Alaska shows
My 600-Lb Life
Wendy Williams
Hell's Kitchen
Naked & Afraid - Two people dressed nude trying to survive in the wild. Disgusting. Bear Grylls and Man vs. Wild was interesting. These two were NOT.
Keeping up with the Kar"trash"ians
Real Housewives of (Insert Here), USA - I'm sure if someone created an idea for a Real Housewives of Wichita, or a Real Housewives of Billings, Bravo would jump on it.
The People's Couch (also Bravo...people's reactions to stupid reality shows)

So glad American Idol is DONE!! It jumped the shark too many years ago, after Simon & Paula left. Then Randy left and it was the final nail in the coffin. The last couple of winners made it NOWHERE after the initial finale, while Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have created major success in the pop and country genres.

I'm amazed that Jerry Springer and Maury are still on the air after all these years. Confused  I even remember back in the early 90s when Maury's show actually could be taken with at least a modicum of seriousness.  I can imagine the simultaneous grand finale of Jerry, Maury, Steve Wilkos, and Wendy Wiliams live in a wrestling ring, trash talking and going at it no holds barred!


Krapthrashians --  They would be most useful if instead of airing this tripe in the US and many other countries, just air non-stop Krapthrashians as a form of psychological torture to North Korea and ISIS.  That would be their greatest contribution to humanity.

Real Housewives -- I'm surprised they haven't come up with a "Real Mistresses Of..." series.  Unfortunately, Bravo would have a field day with it exploiting that televised sewage.

Bravo TV --- They're among the worst offenders when it comes to reality tv crap.  I can't stand that snarky voiceover in their promos  "Watch What Happens" AngryAngry


Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 9:59am
I can't think of any American Idol winners that I've liked.  They might even be good as singers, but whenever I've heard them, they always seem like they're just imitating good singers.  Plus, good singing has never been a criteria for whether or not I like an artist.  None of these "Idols" can hold a candle to less-than-stellar singers like Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Patti Smith, Johnny Cash, etc.  In pop music, talent can't always be measured in octaves.
 
 
 


Posted By: Calvin
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 12:13pm
Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle(Who definitely should have won her season, only lost because Jordin Sparks was more marketable) are good singers.

-------------
Lose a little weight, get compliments. Lose a lot of weight, get criticized.


Posted By: Snesgamer
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 5:24pm
I'll get sh*t for these - The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones?

Why? Because I'm not remotely interested in them and they end up crashing Internet forums every goddamn time they have a season finale. Yeah - a selfish reason probably - so be it!


Posted By: DKS
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 10:32pm
There's a lot of sh*t I don't watch, but I don't begrudge most of it, beyond the reality show based around rich assholes. Anything relating to the Kardashians, Crisley Knows Best, Real Housewives of Whereever, etc.


-------------
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"


Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 9:03pm
When Maury's contract expires at the end of the 2017-2018 season, he will be *79* years old! Jerry Springer will be around 73. I couldn't imagine anyone doing a trash talk show at that age. Seems very creepy to me. An old 79-year-old man opening up a DNA Diagnostics Center envelope with the results of a paternity test...and we all know why America is so dumbed down in 2016.
In the early-mid 1990s, Maury's talk show was "normal". There was a different topic every day, some were serious and some were more lighter in nature. Guests would come on and talk, he would take audience questions, and all in all it was just like the 15 other talk shows on the air at the time (Oprah, Geraldo, Montel, Sally Jessy Raphael, etc.)
As soon as Jerry Springer started showing fights, other people had to have their own trash talk show. When he started in 1993, it was also a mix of serious and light topics...and that lasted only a couple years until the fights and KKK and stripper stuff started ruining the show.

BTW, Andy Cohen should have stayed at CBS News. He managed 48 Hours and The Early Show (now CBS This Morning) for many years. Then he went to Bravo and screwed the network up. They used to have lots of fine arts and documentary programming, as well as foreign films...with very few or no commercials.


-------------
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)


Posted By: 70s80s
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Calvin Calvin wrote:

Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle(Who definitely should have won her season, only lost because Jordin Sparks was more marketable) are good singers.

And Fantasia--she's got a great set of pipes on her! Big smile





-------------
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"


Posted By: 70s80s
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 4:47pm
Saturday Night Live, for the following reasons:

1.  Hasn't been funny since the 1990s (IMO).

2.  Too much of the same recycled watered-down dirty jokes and bleeping seen on every other comedy nowadays.

3.  Refusal to show or put on DVD episodes from the 80s and 90s--rights and royalties and other excu$e$!








-------------
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"


Posted By: churvan
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

When Maury's contract expires at the end of the 2017-2018 season, he will be *79* years old! Jerry Springer will be around 73. I couldn't imagine anyone doing a trash talk show at that age. Seems very creepy to me. An old 79-year-old man opening up a DNA Diagnostics Center envelope with the results of a paternity test...and we all know why America is so dumbed down in 2016.
In the early-mid 1990s, Maury's talk show was "normal". There was a different topic every day, some were serious and some were more lighter in nature. Guests would come on and talk, he would take audience questions, and all in all it was just like the 15 other talk shows on the air at the time (Oprah, Geraldo, Montel, Sally Jessy Raphael, etc.)
As soon as Jerry Springer started showing fights, other people had to have their own trash talk show. When he started in 1993, it was also a mix of serious and light topics...and that lasted only a couple years until the fights and KKK and stripper stuff started ruining the show.

BTW, Andy Cohen should have stayed at CBS News. He managed 48 Hours and The Early Show (now CBS This Morning) for many years. Then he went to Bravo and screwed the network up. They used to have lots of fine arts and documentary programming, as well as foreign films...with very few or no commercials.

I can see it now....when Maury passes away, they're going to have the 2-hour grand finale with his casket in the middle of the podium titled "I had Maury Povich's baby and now I am entitled to his estate!!!" 101 women going at it with Dr. Jack Trimarco from Dr. Phil delivering the paternity test results.




Posted By: churvan
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

Saturday Night Live, for the following reasons:

1.  Hasn't been funny since the 1990s (IMO).

2.  Too much of the same recycled watered-down dirty jokes and bleeping seen on every other comedy nowadays.

3.  Refusal to show or put on DVD episodes from the 80s and 90s--rights and royalties and other excu$e$!







I can't stand how the media hypes the "comedians" of the moment that work at Saturday Night Live as well as their recent alumni no matter how atrocious they are (Exhibit A:  Will Ferrell/Exhibit B:  Tina Fey).


Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 9:02pm
The only good things Tina Fey has done are Mean Girls and her Sarah Palin mockery (which is hardly a stretch of comedic talent...the damned woman does it on her own every time a camera is nearby)

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:19pm
She was good in 30 Rock, a great show which she was the creator of, BTW.

No small feat there.



-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!


Posted By: sb71
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 5:32am
I would have to agree on the Walking Dead. At least the sexy vampire trend is starting to finally lose steam. I don't see anything remotely entertaining about fictional monsters.


Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 6:14am
I forget about 30 rock. It's not on any of the channels my current dish package contains.

I liked it, but Alec Baldwin stole every scene.


-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!


Posted By: DKS
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by sb71 sb71 wrote:

I don't see anything remotely entertaining about fictional monsters.


And I don't see how anyone could NOT see anything remotely entertaining about fictional monsters.

Although I can totally see how someone doesn't find The Walking Dead entertaining, the first season started out okay but never really picked up steam, and the second season bored me immensely. Supposedly it improved in the 3rd season, but at that point I just couldn't work up the motivation to keep going.


-------------
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"


Posted By: Kelly H
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 5:11pm
l


Posted By: Kelly H
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 5:11pm
I would like to see AGENT CARTER - Gone! Waste of space. Please take Quantico and Shades of Blue with you. I'm sick and tired of all the top female cop shows, I highly doubt a tiny 100lb police officer can kick the crap out of a bunch of 200lb bad guys (even if she knew martial arts). In fact I used to be a top powerlifter with a 275lbs squat and a 303lbs deadlift, and as strong as I am physically, I highly doubt I could take down a huge rage-filled bad guy, let alone three or four all at once.


Posted By: DKS
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

I would like to see AGENT CARTER - Gone! Waste of space. Please take Quantico and Shades of Blue with you. I'm sick and tired of all the top female cop shows, I highly doubt a tiny 100lb police officer can kick the crap out of a bunch of 200lb bad guys (even if she knew martial arts). In fact I used to be a top powerlifter with a 275lbs squat and a 303lbs deadlift, and as strong as I am physically, I highly doubt I could take down a huge rage-filled bad guy, let alone three or four all at once.


I've never watched it, but Agent Carter is, AFAIK, basically a spy show? To the best of my knowledge she's not taking down big enraged roid freaks and meth heads or nothing. Lord knows there's plenty of real life female CIA agents/spies who have taken down plenty of people. And Shades of Blue doesn't even remotely show anything like that, so...is this all about Quantico or something? I don't know jack sh*t about that one.


-------------
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"


Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

I would like to see AGENT CARTER - Gone! Waste of space. Please take Quantico and Shades of Blue with you. I'm sick and tired of all the top female cop shows, I highly doubt a tiny 100lb police officer can kick the crap out of a bunch of 200lb bad guys (even if she knew martial arts). In fact I used to be a top powerlifter with a 275lbs squat and a 303lbs deadlift, and as strong as I am physically, I highly doubt I could take down a huge rage-filled bad guy, let alone three or four all at once.
 I agree with you to a point.
Strength is important and size does matter but a well placed kick to the crotch or a punch to the solar plexus will take almost any man down.
I am far from large and I used to be in pretty good shape.
I have embarrassed some pretty big guys who thought I was an easy out.


-------------
Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2...Say what?


Posted By: zippyjet
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by churvan churvan wrote:

Dancing With The Stars --  One of my "insta-leave" programs every time it comes up.  Long in the tooth.  What's with these dance show audiences shrieking every time a dance routine comes up like teenyboppers in a 1964 BeatleMania concert.

The Doctors -- More shrieking (can't believe they're THAT excited to see a doctor on tv). Just like "Dancing With The Stars", it jumps on the celebrity obession bandwagon in any shape of form possible.  Travis Stork needs some remedial speech lessons asap.

Keeping Up with the Krapdashians (err Kardashians) -- Enough Said!

Extra Extra (with puke-demigod Mario Lopez), TMZ, & the grandaddy of gossip crap "Entertainment Tonight"

Billy On The Street (Tru Tv) -- Who did he sleep with to have his show which is utterly pointless and annoying....Now "Billy On The Streets Of Isis" would make things much more interesting!

Yesterday, there were two promos I saw for a "rap game" reality show with Jermaine Dupri (the leperchaun of rap) and another one for mentally disabled individuals looking to enter the dating game.  Cry
DWTS The eye candy is hot, especially the chick dancers/instructors. I wouldn't mind if I had Krina Smirnoff's buff toned atheltic sweaty dancer calves rapped around my neck. What a way to go! And the younger female contestants that are already buff! Like Kelly Monaco, Lisa Rinna, MEryl Davis to name a few.
 
Now for shows to go ba bye:
The Kartrashians
Survivor: Takes itself too seriously for a vapid banal game. Especially when Probst makes a big deal out of challanges and those stupid tribe names.
All the Judge shows, Judge loudmouth Judy, and the rest... Loser TV to the max. And of course Maury Povich's who be yo daddy crapfest.
 
For a new show, the overhyped, retarded vapid CBS Rush Hour. Hated all the endless promos. Looks stupid and panders to your challanged third grader.


-------------
I approve this message.


Posted By: StoningtonQB
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 5:27am
Sleepy Hollow - Hopefully not seeing a 4th season. The first season was great, then they fired all of the writers and it's been terrible ever since. They even managed to piss off the Ichabbie holdouts recently. Many of the cast members are asking to be killed off just to leave the show. This show had ONE JOB and didn't get it done as Abbie and Ichabod now have separate love interests. A show that had great potential but never lived up to it thanks to the wizards of smart over at Fox.


Posted By: i8acannibal
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 10:43am
Anything Kartrashians. And even the false "hero" Caitlyn. The whole trashy family should end up on the street...

-------------
'In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus to contribute something to solving overpopulation' - Deutsche Presse Agentur Prince Philiip (1988)


Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 11:24am
^The entire LGBT community feels the same; plenty were defending her during her transition (As it should be), but they're all ready to see her crash and burn when she started promoting one of the most vehementaly anti-LGBT candidates in an already very anti-LGBT political party.

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!


Posted By: Donathan
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 7:06am
I'm sick of Caitlyn too. It was amusing at first, but the overexposure is creepy now. I don't want to seem Anti LGBT, but I want Bruce back.

-------------
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.







Posted By: Papa Lazarou
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 7:15am
Nah, Bruce was a bigger c(_)nt; I'm totally fine with Caitlyn being who she should be, and being happy about it; I just wish the dumb bitch hadn't take advantage of her fame and fortune to make her transition as easy as possible, only to throw her less fortunate fellow trans under the bus by continuing to support an ideology and especially a candidate which are specifically and undeniably against ALL trans people - even her - and seeking to make it very easy for every Tom, Dick, and Sally to discriminate, hate, and attack them under the weak and fake guise of "religious liberty".

-------------
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!


Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 8:23am
Are you talking about the bathroom issue? 
 
 
Perhaps Jenner thinks there are other issues in the world besides transgender rights.
 
 


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 1:54pm
I wish they'd take everything off the air, shut down the networks and everyone else would just STFU and quit whining about everything!!!!

LGBT's, blacks, women, angry white male gun nuts, conservative Christian anti-abortion zealots, young über liberal SJW dipsh*ts.... everybody. I'm sick of hearing from them and about them!!!!

Just STGDFHU then go find something to keep you too busy to run your big, fat, stupid annoying yaps about your stupid problems non-stop!!!!

I'm sick of it all.



-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Are you talking about the bathroom issue? 

Perhaps Jenner thinks there are other issues in the world besides transgender rights.


Fuck Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner.

I hope he wakes up some morning and finds that his breast implants have slid down to around his midsection or lower abdomen.

To hell with that fruitbag.


-------------
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!


Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 2:08pm
^^LOL
 
Good, good morning. Jimbo.


-------------
Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2...Say what?


Posted By: jnoble
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 7:32pm
any doctor/hospital show that all have the SAME EXACT premise.....a rebel surgeon (usually a woman) who bucks the system and does things her way! And will somehow never lose her license or get sued out of the field or fired LOL
She also will have at least one scene per episode unprofessionally making out with a coworker in a closet or small room somewhere instead of working. 

also as an alternate, switch "doctor/hospital" with "judge" or "detective". Same cliches. 


Posted By: kitchenbish
Date Posted: 28 May 2016 at 4:54am
I think it goes without saying that reality shows need to hit the bricks. Everything's been done to death and do we really need anymore so-called "talent" shows. It seems like they compete, they win, then they disappear back into obscurity again.

How It's Made should be renamed Who Gives a sh*t How It's Made. Lately it feels like they're running out of sh*t to talk about. Last year we were treated to riveting gems like tweezers, ironing boards and coffee filters. COFFEE...FILTERS... 

Also Two Broke Girls can go DIAF.


Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 28 May 2016 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by kitchenbish kitchenbish wrote:

I think it goes without saying that reality shows need to hit the bricks. Everything's been done to death and do we really need anymore so-called "talent" shows. It seems like they compete, they win, then they disappear back into obscurity again.

How It's Made should be renamed Who Gives a sh*t How It's Made. Lately it feels like they're running out of sh*t to talk about. Last year we were treated to riveting gems like tweezers, ironing boards and coffee filters. COFFEE...FILTERS... 

Also Two Broke Girls can go DIAF.
'How It's Made' has always been a "who cares" for me.

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous


Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 2:24am
Big Brother I see no appeal or reason for that show to exist!

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off


Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:17am
It's a cash cow for CBS. Les Moonves loves it because that's his wife hosting it. CBS gets boatloads of $$$ from the advertisers and the people who pay for the 24-7 live feeds of BB.
It is a guilty pleasure for me, as is The Amazing Race (whenever the teams aren't screaming at each other). I hate Survivor.

Did I mention Naked & Afraid? That show needs to be burned to the ground. Why does Discovery Channel air it? Shouldn't this be on Cinemax's "After Dark" lineup? Then viewers can see nudity.
Anything on TruTV can go away too. Impractical Jokers, Hardcore Pawn, the whole bunch. I'd rather see "In Session" again and live trials, ala Court TV.

The Odd Couple can go away too. It is boring to watch and not funny. I will take any Charlie Sheen Two and a Half Men, Seinfeld or Big Bang Theory rerun any day over that crap.

Love & Hip Hop, Botched, Catfish, Kardashians, it can ALL go away!


-------------
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)


Posted By: CompoundQ
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 10:26pm
My list is as follows:
ALL of those god-awful Alaska gold hunting shows
Dr.Phil and Dr.Oz (Idiots hawking fake medical advice at the general public)
The whole history channel (pawn stars is garbage, American Pickers is okay, and all the stupid fake documentaries on religious stuff are cancer)
Pit-bulls and parolees (the most boring show to have ever existed - Animal Planet PLEASE bring back animal cops!)
I am Jazz (The show is okay but the medical advice given to transgender folks is really shoddy)
Steve Wilkos (this guy is a total twit)
The Talk on CBS (Bunch of ex-celebrities spewing pop-culture and alt-med bullsh*t at a camera for an hour)
NASA's unexplained files  (Quite alot of religious ufo-cult bullsh*t for a channel called "Science")
Say Yes To The Dress (The television equivalent of running into a swarm of mosquitos)
Blue Bloods (Show has outstayed it's welcome for many years, also really racist and boring)
Anything related to the Kardashians or about Jenner
The Bachelor and related tripe (People putting themselves through mental trauma inorder to make money and to possibly win over some not attractive girl or some idiot steroid using jock)


Posted By: commercialssuck
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:30am
"The Real" and "The Chew". Both are just horrible and mind numbing!


Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 6:58pm

Confused

 
After 11 years of "WHAT WAS THAT??!!" and "WHO SAID THAT???!!!", it seems Jason will be reuniting with Grant and going back to their Roto-Rooter business and giving up the 'Ghosty Hunters' franchise, this year. Yeeeaaaaa...gotta give up the ghost, sometime - especially if you find you are asking the same ol'stupid questions you were ten years before, doncha know...so, it's back to some dumpy little community somewhere in Rhode Island that nobody's ever heard of. 
The 11th (and final) season starts tonight.
*I* think the presence of that gay ghost hunter is what did them in - yea! That's it. The organized group, GAG, got to 'em, doncha know - 'Ghosts Against Gays'. Those testy ol'ghosties without testicles! When they get in your way, ya can't protest against them - can't arrest them - can't even spray for 'em.
How many people are all geared up and standing on their toes for the final season of bad reality(?) ghosty crap, starring people you will never hear of again and will totally forget by next year.
 


-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike


Posted By: Tiz
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 11:35pm
After 11 years without finding a ghost, I wonder how they kept viewers riveted to the tv screen. They might take up the hunt for Big Foot next season.Ermm

Enough with the Alaska shows. Unless you're on the run from the law or ducking the tax man, who wants to build a home in the middle of nowhere?


Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 3:33am
I sure do miss As the World Turns and All My Children. In response to The Talk and The Chew...I'd rather see soaps in that hour again. My relatives were big ATWT fans.

Bachelor is ridiculous, isn't it? Last night was the "Bachelor in Paradise" premiere, and Chris Harrison actually kicked out a contestant for being disrespectful to hotel staff and other contestants.
Would have been better to cancel the season right then and there. Even a Roseanne or Home Improvement rerun is better than these Bachelor shows. And it's gone on 13 f----n years?!

Oh, and Finding F'n Bigfoot. They still haven't found "bigfoot." Until I see one of these so called explorers mauled by a real bigfoot on camera, I won't watch.
This season's Big Brother sure is boring. The producers (notably Alison Grodner) sure cast a wide variety of great people, didn't she? Hell no. Just a bunch of 20-somethings, with a few returning contestants from previous seasons. I wonder if she roots for a certain person secretly. I remember the first season had a roofer named "Chicken George," a politician, an exotic dancer, and a bunch of oddball people.

There's this new rap reality series on Lifetime now. The Rap Game. Absolute BS. I miss the old days of Lifetime, when it used to be women's programming, lots of reruns, and the pairings of Shop 'til You Drop and Supermarket Sweep.

And you know why I watch so many older shows? Angry


-------------
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)


Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

After 11 years without finding a ghost, I wonder how they kept viewers riveted to the tv screen. They might take up the hunt for Big Foot next season.Ermm

Enough with the Alaska shows. Unless you're on the run from the law or ducking the tax man, who wants to build a home in the middle of nowhere?
WinkTo answer, Tizzer - my oldest & best friend, who was also the best man in my wedding, long ago. Lives in an interesting place in the Denali Forest, at the very edge of a glacier. I really, really want to visit, some day.Big smile
 
 


-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike


Posted By: MrTim
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 4:55am
[quote
*I* think the presence of that gay ghost hunter is what did them in - yea! That's it. The organized group, GAG, got to 'em, doncha know - 'Ghosts Against Gays'. Those testy ol'ghosties without testicles! When they get in your way, ya can't protest against them - can't arrest them - can't even spray for 'em.[/quote]
 
Maybe they were trying to summon the ghosts of Paul Lynde and Liberace and their bait wasn't good enough...  LOL


-------------
http://mrtim1k.blogspot.com/ - WKRP closing theme lyrics HERE!


Posted By: MrCleveland
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

All "reality" tv should be canceled. The Kartrashians, the "real" housewives, the 20+ Alaska shows, the redneck shows... Christ,  there's just too many. Now we're going to get rapping children... yay... 



I fully agree!

Reality Shows are nothing but cash cows and I wish we can have a Reality Show Demolition Night!

-------------
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)


Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 4:13am
Another reality show they keep hawking on us and I will refuse to watch: Toddlers & Tiaras. Seriously. Why in the F__K is this still on TLC?!!! It's a horrible show - dressing up 3 year olds to look like Kardashians, rappers, and other celebrities. Absolute bulls--t.
I can't stand those Gypsy Wedding shows either. My relatives had to watch an episode of it and I wanted to puke.

Masterchef, Iron Chef, Hell's Kitchen, all need to go away. We've had our share of Gordon Ramsey f-bombs already. However, I do like Kitchen Nightmares and Bar Rescue (with Jon Taffer). It's amazing to see how disgusting restaurants and bars look. You never know what it's like in the kitchen or refrigerator of your favorite restaurant. I've seen episodes of Kitchen Nightmares where cockroaches were running wild on the kitchen floor and on the plates, and rat droppings behind equipment. Just some wild examples.


-------------
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)


Posted By: tikibagger
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by StoningtonQB StoningtonQB wrote:

Sleepy Hollow - Hopefully not seeing a 4th season. The first season was great, then they fired all of the writers and it's been terrible ever since. They even managed to piss off the Ichabbie holdouts recently. Many of the cast members are asking to be killed off just to leave the show. This show had ONE JOB and didn't get it done as Abbie and Ichabod now have separate love interests. A show that had great potential but never lived up to it thanks to the wizards of smart over at Fox.

TOTALLY AGREE...we watched religiously and it seemed smart and stylish..then it went nearly incomprehensible and needlessly like Grimm, wasting any character development for introducing dumb witches and unconnected demonic presences...any charm was thrown out the window.


-------------
Baggin the tiki since the 90s


Posted By: Martin
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 2:40am
Shows like The Chew need to go - who wants to listen to several people whining on and on about some issue that no one cares about but them? Stupid shows need to go like America's Funniest Videos - they aren't funny just stupid. Things like The Bachelor, Survivor, Big Brother or anything else were not interesting beyond the first show. Kid shows where teens or kids are investigating something are boring - who wants to watch kids playing grown up? Jerry Springer should have been gone a long time ago.


Posted By: Big Momma
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 4:41am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Fuller House. That sh*t needs to be stopped before it even starts. You don't fish a turd out of the toilet and throw it on a plate with a few beans and try to pass it off as a fresh meatloaf.


That's the best line I've heard all day!


Posted By: crainbebo
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 8:30pm
Unfortunately, Jerry Springer and Maury have been renewed through the end of the 2017-18 season. Why are they still on? Do people actually care about whose the baby's daddy, lie detectors and fights with strippers? Steve Wilkos also should have been gone years ago. At least he yells at aholes to get off his stage, unlike the other two shows where the hosts don't usually take any action.
On the other hand, when Maury's 2017-18 season wraps up, he will be 79 years old. OK, what's the point of an old senior citizen giving a DNA result?
My local CW station is clearing a double run of Jerry Springer starting next week. He hasn't been in this market for years, and it sure was a sigh of relief. Bad, bad idea.


-------------
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)


Posted By: ILUVTOMH77
Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:30pm
Any show that has to do with survival or how to live in the wilderness
Dancing With The Stars
The Voice
The Bachelor
The Bachelorette
The Kardashians
Wheel of Fortune
Extra
Swamp People
Axe Men
Alaska Gold
Oak Island
Ancient Aliens
 


Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:39pm
Welcome, ILUVTOMH77

How do you feel about this kind of reality?




Posted By: ILUVTOMH77
Date Posted: 30 May 2017 at 4:14pm
Thanks for the welcome aka ron!
 
To be quite honest, I've never heard of this grizzly bear incident.  All I can say is that a wild animal is not a friend and you respect and admire wildlife from a distance.  There is NO WAY IN HELL I would befriend a mute swan let alone a grizzly bear!  BTW, that coroner or doctor seemed a little off his rocker......Confused


Posted By: PaWolf
Date Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by ILUVTOMH77 ILUVTOMH77 wrote:

Any show that has to do with survival or how to live in the wilderness
Dancing With The Stars
The Voice
The Bachelor
The Bachelorette
The Kardashians
Wheel of Fortune<<<---required to keep old peeps at bay and out of trouble
Extra
Swamp People
Axe Men
Alaska Gold
Oak Island<<<--actually, a very good, very interesting, and historically-accurate show
Ancient Aliens<<<--makes me giggle when Erich von Daniken and his wife, 'Little Miss Erich' (Giorgio Tsoukalos) get together and open their mouths... 
 
Picture<<<---Giorgio itself.
 
Today's 'Reading Assignment': http://www.jasoncolavito.com/giorgio-tsoukalos.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.jasoncolavito.com/giorgio-tsoukalos.html
 
WinkFixed your post FOR FREE aaaand YOU are SO welcome!LOL


-------------
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike


Posted By: Ad nauseous
Date Posted: 31 May 2017 at 11:29pm
CBS's upcoming series Salvation looks boring and depressing as heck. What they SHOULD say as a reaction to "there's an asteroid that's about to hit the Earth in 186 days" is "Whoo-Hoo let's party!" And then play the late band R.E.M.'s song "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" immediately after. FFS CBS why so damn serious?

-------------
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk