Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "news" shows
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"news" shows

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 13 Jun 2013
Location: Reading,PA
Status: Offline
Points: 150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "news" shows
    Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 1:28pm
  I like when these "news" shows have two " experts" on to debate whatever crap the show is talking about.
  I wonder who decides that these clowns are "experts".
  Then they both talk over each other for 5 min. till the host says " we are out of time. Good debate."
  Then they go to the really important stuff . . .a commercial.
  
Back to Top
Sponsored Links



Back to Top
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2015
Location: Heartland USA
Status: Offline
Points: 273
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 6:47pm
Yea, that's why I don't watch these "news shows". I assume you are talking about CNN, MSNBC, FOX, and the like. It really is stupid and accomplishes nothing.

Plus, it's usually very obvious that before the "debate" there was a decision on which way to slant the interview. News reporters/moderators should be mostly impartial, but all the "news" channels do it. Sometimes it is so bad, when the moderator is so obviously siding with one viewpoint, that you gotta wonder what "news" has actually become.

Really, these 24 hour "news" stations have to have something to air when there is no real news, so they put on these stupid "debates" and other stupid time filling segments more as entertainment than as actual news.


Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56461
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 2:57am
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:



Plus, it's usually very obvious that before the "debate" there was a decision on which way to slant the interview. News reporters/moderators should be mostly impartial, but all the "news" channels do it. Sometimes it is so bad, when the moderator is so obviously siding with one viewpoint, that you gotta wonder what "news" has actually become.



There are anchors, reporters, correspondents, journalists, commentators, hosts, contributors, analysts and more. You just have to know what type of show you're watching, and what function the person is supposed to be serving.

For instance, neither Rachel Maddow nor Bill O'Reilly are reporters. They've don't even pretend to be. They're hosts and commentators.

Back to Top
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Location: Yakima, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 1725
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 5:55pm
I can't stand debates with candidates and politicians practically screaming at each other. Just shut them the hell up if they do this!

"Sometimes it is so bad, when the moderator is so obviously siding with one viewpoint, that you gotta wonder what "news" has actually become."

- BTW, that applies with my local CBS station (KIMA). They are owned by Sinclair Broadcasting, which took over Fisher Communications a couple of years ago. Sinclair has a right-wing bias and you WILL see it in the national news segments on our local 5 and 6PM newscasts.
They are known for their biased reports, contributing thousands to the RNC/Republican candidates, and even forcing affiliates to air a John Kerry propaganda program 10 years ago, in place of NETWORK programming.
http://www.seattletimes.com/business/sinclair-known-for-conservative-political-tilt/
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56461
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 8:42pm

^ Comcast, on the other hand, owns NBC, which owns MSNBC and has a decidedly liberal bent. They've contributed a lot to the Dems.

Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 22450
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 9:08pm
I hate Comcast for canceling The Ed Show, The Cycle, and Now With Alex Wagner! Sure they were slanted but dammit they were ENTERTAINING!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 185
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

I can't stand debates with candidates and politicians practically screaming at each other. Just shut them the hell up if they do this!

"Sometimes it is so bad, when the moderator is so obviously siding with one viewpoint, that you gotta wonder what "news" has actually become."

- BTW, that applies with my local CBS station (KIMA). They are owned by Sinclair Broadcasting, which took over Fisher Communications a couple of years ago. Sinclair has a right-wing bias and you WILL see it in the national news segments on our local 5 and 6PM newscasts.
They are known for their biased reports, contributing thousands to the RNC/Republican candidates, and even forcing affiliates to air a John Kerry propaganda program 10 years ago, in place of NETWORK programming.
http://www.seattletimes.com/business/sinclair-known-for-conservative-political-tilt/

Does KOMO channel 4 in Seattle (ABC station) have that same bias since Sinclair took them over from Fisher? I'm just now wondering about that.
Back to Top
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Location: Yakima, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 1725
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 6:51am
All of the Sinclair stations air the national reports, which are right-wing, yes KOMO, and KATU in Portland, would apply as well. KIMA's local news is fine, it's the national news that has the bias problem.
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)
Back to Top
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 185
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 9:31am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

All of the Sinclair stations air the national reports, which are right-wing, yes KOMO, and KATU in Portland, would apply as well. KIMA's local news is fine, it's the national news that has the bias problem.

Got ya! I should have read more closely. It's bad enough that the national news is slanted to the right, but the news would be entirely unwatchable if the local news were treated the same way (just my opinion).
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.



"CANDIE!"