Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
$0
$100
Red line = monthly cost of CIH
Recent Donations: 0
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FOX News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FOX News

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Message
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 46376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 3:17pm
WS, I watch FOX, too.  I changed my affiliation from Democrat to Libertarian a few years ago.  Not Republican. 
 
I think FOX gets reviled 'cause they're the top dog of cable news.  All top dogs are hated, or at least resented, by many.  That applies to lots of things.
 
 
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 46376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by nickdawg nickdawg wrote:

I hope the above post was meant as comedy.  FOX News is trash.  Complete horsesh*t.   It's even been reported that they received talking points right from the White House.  Our equivalent of government-run television.  The founding fathers must be turning in their graves now.  
 
I wonder what the founding fathers would think of the Fairness Doctrine.  Now, that's "government-run" media.
 
 
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 34546
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

WS, I watch FOX, too.  I changed my affiliation from Democrat to Libertarian a few years ago.  Not Republican. 
 
I think FOX gets reviled 'cause they're the top dog of cable news.  All top dogs are hated, or at least resented, by many.  That applies to lots of things.
 
Oh yeah right.
 
People are sitting around their living rooms saying to themselves.... "Y'know I wouldn't think that loud mothed obnoxious gas bags like Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity were such sub-human assholes if only Fox News weren't doing so well in the ratings!!!"
 
Puh-LEASE!!!
 
Don't let a suitcase filled with cheese be your big fork & spoon.
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 46376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 4:15pm
There are a lot of more radical, but less well-known political pundits, Jimbo.  How come they're not so reviled?
 
 
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 34546
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

 
Originally posted by nickdawg nickdawg wrote:

I hope the above post was meant as comedy.  FOX News is trash.  Complete horsesh*t.   It's even been reported that they received talking points right from the White House.  Our equivalent of government-run television.  The founding fathers must be turning in their graves now.  


Yeah, Chris Mathews (I think it was him anyway) caught Scott McClellan in one of his traps, and SM said yes to Fox receiving talking points. Bill O'Reilly said it was false and got McClellan on his radio program and they had it out. McClellan said he NEVER meant to imply that and that he never FED talking points to any news organization for them to report. He apologized and said that it never happened right from his own mouth. I heard it with my own ears. So maybe before you run around saying utter bullsh*t, you might want to check it out first.
 
Oh, so when McClellan denies feeding talking points to Fox while appearing ON THAT NETWORK, he's suddenly believable but when he writes an expose book about what a bunch of lying pricks the Bush administration is, he has no credibility. OK.

To somehow think that FOX walks in lock step with the Bush administration just proves to me, that you guys saying that don't have a f**king clue about FOX cause you don't watch it. You parrot what you hear other  people say. Now, if you DO watch it, and still think that way then that's one thing, but if you don't watch, and just spit out bullsh*t because you "heard" someone , somewhere say something, then you're a f**king moron.
 
I'd like for you guys to respond HONESTLY to this question, "How many of you FOX haters have actually watched FOX?" The second part of the question, "How long did you watch it??"

I & probably most of the other people you claim are mindless "Fox haters" have watched it enough to know that the claims we make about Fox being the official mouthpiecs of the Republican Party & the neo-conservative movement in America is totally, 100% accurate & true. Do you honestly think that you & other conservatives are the only ones who've ever watched Fox News? Where do you even get the presumption that Fox's critics have never watched it? Sounds to me like YOU are the one who's just repeating what you're told.

 
..
Don't let a suitcase filled with cheese be your big fork & spoon.
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 34546
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

There are a lot of more radical, but less well-known political pundits, Jimbo.  How come they're not so reviled?
 
Tell me which ones you're talking about.
 
Because I know that every liberal political pundit gets reviled by the right just as CNN & MSNBC get reviled by the right for being "too liberal" when in fact they are more balanced than Fox ever was.
 
Why is it OK for your side to revile the rest of the media as being liberal lapdogs, but when we do in essence the same thing to Fox, you all act like some scared ox has been unfairly gored?
 
 
Don't let a suitcase filled with cheese be your big fork & spoon.
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 46376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

There are a lot of more radical, but less well-known political pundits, Jimbo.  How come they're not so reviled?
 
Tell me which ones you're talking about.
 
 
 
 
 
How about Steve Malzberg?
 
 
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 34546
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 4:46pm
Well I guess you answered your own question with the question itself.
 
I suppose they're "not so reviled" because they're "less well known".
 
How does one get widely reviled when one isn't widely known?
 
 
Don't let a suitcase filled with cheese be your big fork & spoon.
Back to Top
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Savannah, TN
Status: Offline
Points: 1671
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 5:19pm
Explain how I am repeating what I am told?? That was probably one of the most idiotic statements I've ever heard Jimbo.

Now regarding Scott McClellan, I didn't say he wasn't credible. I didn't bash him, nor did I make any kind of innuendos toward him. I haven't read his book, and I don't intend to because he's cashing in on the war regardless of whether or not I agree with him. All I said was that he, Scott McClellan, said in a public forum that they NEVER gave talking points to FOX as a guidline of what they should aire, but they do issue TPs everyday to put the administrations official positions on current issues. McClellan said this from his own mouth, when pressed by Bill O'Reilly for an apology. Here's the whole thing on YouTube, judge for yourself. This is why folks don't like O'Reilly because he doesn't play softball. If he interviews you, you'd better talk straight. He doesn't do dance routines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMyAuzKOSSE

I never said no one else but conservative watched it. What I said was IF you DON'T watch it and bitch about it, that's moronic. IF you DO WATCH and still don't like it, then that is an opinion based on reality as you see it not parroting what someone else says.
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Back to Top
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 1050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 5:22pm
'All liberals are the one true Savior, and all conservatives drown puppies!'LOL
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 46376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Well I guess you answered your own question with the question itself.
 
I suppose they're "not so reviled" because they're "less well known".
 
How does one get widely reviled when one isn't widely known?
 
 
 
And I rest my case.  LOL
 
 
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 34546
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

Explain how I am repeating what I am told?? That was probably one of the most idiotic statements I've ever heard Jimbo.
 
You offered no evidence that people are criticizing Fox news based solely on what other people say. You just said it as if you were repeating something you heard. You obviously have no proof of that, so what else can you be doing?
 
If it's idiotic when I say it, then it's idiotic when you say it. Why is it OK for you to say Fox's critics just repeat what they hear, but it's not OK for me to say that your saying it is repeating what you hear?

Now regarding Scott McClellan, I didn't say he wasn't credible. I didn't bash him, nor did I make any kind of innuendos toward him. I haven't read his book, and I don't intend to because he's cashing in on the war regardless of whether or not I agree with him. All I said was that he, Scott McClellan, said in a public forum that they NEVER gave talking points to FOX as a guidline of what they should aire, but they do issue TPs everyday to put the administrations official positions on current issues. McClellan said this from his own mouth, when pressed by Bill O'Reilly for an apology. Here's the whole thing on YouTube, judge for yourself.
 
You implied that because McClellan said it that it satisfactorily refutes the original claim about the WH giving Fox talking points. Just because SM denies it on Bill O'Reilly doesn't mean sh*t. Of course he's gonna deny it
 
This is why folks don't like O'Reilly because he doesn't play softball. If he interviews you, you'd better talk straight. He doesn't do dance routines.
 
No, they don't like him because he's a bombastic, loud mothed blow-hard who espouses ridiculous simple-minded opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMyAuzKOSSE

I never said no one else but conservative watched it. What I said was IF you DON'T watch it and bitch about it, that's moronic. IF you DO WATCH and still don't like it, then that is an opinion based on reality as you see it not parroting what someone else says.
 
 
To somehow think that FOX walks in lock step with the Bush administration just proves to me, that you guys saying that don't have a f**king clue about FOX cause you don't watch it. You parrot what you hear other  people say.
 
How do you know? Are you a WH insider? You have no idea whether or not it's true that Fox works with the WH.
 
Now, if you DO watch it, and still think that way then that's one thing, but if you don't watch, and just spit out bullsh*t because you "heard" someone , somewhere say something, then you're a f**king moron.
 
You're just assuming that's what people do. I could say the same thing about all the conservatives who bash CNN too.
 
Sorry, but I have heard enough people throwing sh*t, and I just think those of us who disagree might want to throw a little back.
 
Kinda like the way people who watch CNN & MSNBC & are sick of hearing the neocons bitch about their so-called "liberal bias"? Yeah, just like that.
 
Like I said, IF you watch Fox, and I mean watch it for more than a few minutes, and still hate it then that's making a decision based on PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.  But if you say bad things about it based solely on what other SAY, then it makes you look like a dumbass.
 
How can it make someone look like a dumbass given that just reading what they say over the internet gives you no way of really knowing whether or not they actually watch Fox regularly or not, & how do you account for the fact that some people are more perceptive than others & don't need to watch something all that long to know it's bullsh*t?
 
Sounds like you just don't like people being critical of Fox News.
 
 
Don't let a suitcase filled with cheese be your big fork & spoon.
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 34546
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

'All liberals are the one true Savior, and all conservatives drown puppies!'LOL
 
Don't balme us for that image. Conservatives created their own image that people see them as.
 
If they'd stop just automatically backing everthing that is anti-environment & anti-endangered species & anti-aid to poor people, maybe they wouldn't seen that way.
 
Maybe if the Rush Limbaughs, Ann Coulters & Michael Savages of the world would STFU people wouldn't assume such things about them.
 
 
Don't let a suitcase filled with cheese be your big fork & spoon.
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 34546
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Well I guess you answered your own question with the question itself.
 
I suppose they're "not so reviled" because they're "less well known".
 
How does one get widely reviled when one isn't widely known?
 
 
 
And I rest my case.  LOL
 
 
 
What exactly was your case anyway?
 
Or your point?
 
Don't let a suitcase filled with cheese be your big fork & spoon.
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 46376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 6:13pm

That FOX is so hated by the left because it's the top dog of cable news.  That pisses the left off in a way that Steve Malzberg does not.

 
 
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 46376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

 
If they'd stop just automatically backing everthing that is anti-environment & anti-endangered species & anti-aid to poor people, maybe they wouldn't seen that way.
 
 
 
Sorry, Jimbo...no cable news pundit has supported and talked about alternative fuels more than conservative Glenn Beck.  A few nights ago, he was talking about some sort of cell that can hold solar power for long periods of time.  The night before, he was talking about efforts to turn garbage into fuel.  Last night, he was talking about the good viability of wind power, and the efforts of environmentalists to prevent it from actually happening.
 
And we've gone over the supposed concern of libs for poor people.  Remember our discussion about how the most progressive cities in the country are somehow, some way, all in the process of getting rid of their poor and blacks?  You, of course, found a way to excuse it.
 
Everything the left does in re these matters, leads me to the conclusion that the left is dedicated to the concept of the environment and the poor and the minorities, but not the reality.  That's the flag they wave.
 
 
Back to Top
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Savannah, TN
Status: Offline
Points: 1671
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

Explain how I am repeating what I am told?? That was probably one of the most idiotic statements I've ever heard Jimbo.
 
You offered no evidence that people are criticizing Fox news based solely on what other people say. You just said it as if you were repeating something you heard. You obviously have no proof of that, so what else can you be doing?

OK, I've seen OUTFOXED that totally bs movie, and I know from seeing it and seeing the real segments when they originally aired that they were made up, totally fabricated, pieces of sh*t, and lies. If you actually WITNESS a blue car ram into a white horse, just because you like blue cars doesn't change what happened. If you use digital tech to color that horse red, it only changes the story, it doesn't change the facts!! And in the case of the Scott McClellan thing, after that interview with Mathews, all of the networks and newspapers began running clips and reporting that the White House gave O'Reilly and Hannity their material. Then when pressed about it, McClellan says he should not have left it open to interpretation, and that he never meant for that to be implied. That's proof enough for me, and there are lot's more.
 
If it's idiotic when I say it, then it's idiotic when you say it. Why is it OK for you to say Fox's critics just repeat what they hear, but it's not OK for me to say that your saying it is repeating what you hear?

Because I try to talk about facts, and if I am not sure about something, then I will usually say, I'm not sure, or I'll specify that it is something that I heard, and I don't know how true it is. I don't just say sh*t unless I am in a comedy routine or something like that. But these days Jimbo, you'd have to agree that so many people just run out with limited info, ON BOTH SIDES, and start preaching it as fact!! How many reporters and TV personalities in the past few years got nailed and dragged down for misreporting/ fabricating something? Even the MIGHTY DAN RATHER fell because he was too damned eager to hit Bush without properly vetting that National Guard story. All I am saying is, We all need to be careful when saying things we have "HEARD" before we find out if they are facts. I think we can all appreciate freedom of speech, but I personally want to hear TRUTH in that speech. Damn, if wanted to be lied to 24/7 I'd have stayed with my ex!!!Confused


Now regarding Scott McClellan, I didn't say he wasn't credible. I didn't bash him, nor did I make any kind of innuendos toward him. I haven't read his book, and I don't intend to because he's cashing in on the war regardless of whether or not I agree with him. All I said was that he, Scott McClellan, said in a public forum that they NEVER gave talking points to FOX as a guideline of what they should aire, but they do issue TPs everyday to put the administrations official positions on current issues. McClellan said this from his own mouth, when pressed by Bill O'Reilly for an apology. Here's the whole thing on YouTube, judge for yourself.
 
You implied that because McClellan said it that it satisfactorily refutes the original claim about the WH giving Fox talking points. Just because SM denies it on Bill O'Reilly doesn't mean sh*t. Of course he's gonna deny it

LOL True statement about McClellan, and Jimbo listen man, even though I am more conservative than liberal I don't believe every f**king thing these asshole say. I am one skeptical dude. I never believed half the sh*t SM said when I saw him on daily press briefings. But if you watch that Mathews interview, they were cross talking and Mathews put words in McClellans mouth and he chewed on em. My point is this, we've just agreed that McClellan isn't credible, and in this particular case, the rest of the media picked up what he said and started ramming it out there like it had come down from on high!! So something said from a perceived liar got spat out EVERYWHERE as the truth. This is just scary to me. What happened to real debate on issues, not trying to see who can tell the biggest lie the fastest.
 
This is why folks don't like O'Reilly because he doesn't play softball. If he interviews you, you'd better talk straight. He doesn't do dance routines.
 
No, they don't like him because he's a bombastic, loud mouthed blow-hard who espouses ridiculous simple-minded opinions.

You think Bill O'Reilly is "simple minded"? Then why won't Obama talk to him?? Why is he running from him. Obama wants to be the leader of the free world, and he's gonna have to make some tough decisions, and face some hard as hell situations........but he's afraid of Bill??? I'm sorry but the longer he stays out of this venue, I am losing respect for him. I disagree politically with Obama, but I really like him as a person. But Bill is NOT a bomb thrower. I'd like you to specifically back up where Bill threw a bomb. I have never heard him throw a bomb. He is loud, has to be to get up and over the 9 mile high piles of bullsh*t spin some drag into the interviews. Ridiculous? Simple minded? I will ask you again, you you really watch Bill, or have you heard this? I think you'd like him if you really watched him. He gives EVERYONE, reps, dems, and mods and ind's the same treatment.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMyAuzKOSSE

I never said no one else but conservative watched it. What I said was IF you DON'T watch it and bitch about it, that's moronic. IF you DO WATCH and still don't like it, then that is an opinion based on reality as you see it not parroting what someone else says.
 
 
To somehow think that FOX walks in lock step with the Bush administration just proves to me, that you guys saying that don't have a f**king clue about FOX cause you don't watch it. You parrot what you hear other  people say.
 
How do you know? Are you a WH insider? You have no idea whether or not it's true that Fox works with the WH.

Jimbo, I watch FOX, CNN, ABC, and I read quite a lot on other news outlets from time to time. I listen to Limbaugh OCCASIONALLY, and I love Real Time with Bill Maher. There are others, because I want to know the WHOLE story. I don't want one sided blind leading the blind coverage. I hear FOX get on to the White House all the time. If someone says something pro or con they get challenged. You can say what you want all you want, but unless you watch it you don't know
. Again, I hear folks say things and I know it's not true cause I was there. LOL can't argue with me and say it's so when I know differently based on experience. If FOX really had their tongues up Bush's ass like everyone reports, then they wouldn't have so many people on there criticizing the Bush admin.
 
Now, if you DO watch it, and still think that way then that's one thing, but if you don't watch, and just spit out bullsh*t because you "heard" someone , somewhere say something, then you're a f**king moron.
 
You're just assuming that's what people do. I could say the same thing about all the conservatives who bash CNN too.

I'm assuming nothing. If I go to a KISS concert and Gene Simmons blows fire and I see it, I KNOW it happened. Now if I hear someone say, "Man I went to this Kiss Concert and Simmons blew fire all over Paul Stanley and and and a helicopter had to land in the arena and airlift him out!!" then I know it's BULLsh*t!! No assuming needed. I watch FOX, and I've seen OUTFOXED and heard the arguments made against it and I know some hate them based solely on what they have heard. I DO think Fox leans to the right, and I think CNN leans left, but I don't care, cause I am big and smart enough to listen to people no matter how far out there their views are and make my own decision. And like I said, If you watch FOX, give it an honest shot and still hate it, then that's not your network, but it's unfair to judge it without watching it, just the same as folks who say that about CNN as well. I agree with you on that point 100%. I could just see what would happen if Movie critics, book critics, and restaurant critic all wrote scathing reviews for  things they never tested tasted or touched.
 
Sorry, but I have heard enough people throwing sh*t, and I just think those of us who disagree might want to throw a little back.
 
Kinda like the way people who watch CNN & MSNBC & are sick of hearing the neocons bitch about their so-called "liberal bias"? Yeah, just like that.
 
Like I said, IF you watch Fox, and I mean watch it for more than a few minutes, and still hate it then that's making a decision based on PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.  But if you say bad things about it based solely on what other SAY, then it makes you look like a dumbass.
 
How can it make someone look like a dumbass given that just reading what they say over the internet gives you no way of really knowing whether or not they actually watch Fox regularly or not, & how do you account for the fact that some people are more perceptive than others & don't need to watch something all that long to know it's bullsh*t?


Well I asked a simple question and you didn't answer it.  "Do you watch FOX??" There is NO PERCEPTION NEEDED when you watch something, then you know. I'm not talking about your feelings, I am talking about the truth.
 
Sounds like you just don't like people being critical of Fox News.

I criticize them myself. I'd love to rip out Greta's show. I'd love to put a real liberal in Colmes spot. I like Colmes but he's a bit goofy. I'd love to shove Jer. Wright up Hannity's ass cause I am sick of hearing it. I love to duck tape E.D Hill in a port-a-sh*tter and kick it down a steep hill!! I have a lot of problems with them. I hate that they run that f**kING SCOTTRADE COMMERCIAL EVERY GOD DAMNED BREAK!!!!!!! I have lot's of criticisms of FOX, they aren't perfect by NO damned means, but all I ask is if you are going to attack something, KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!
 
 
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Back to Top
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
I donated!

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Status: Offline
Points: 4739
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 7:29pm
I don't know how to unsubscribe to this thread other than to post something and then uncheck the "Email Notify me of Replies."  I tried going to the control panel, but it said I unsubscribed, and yet still sent me notifications.  (So don't reply to this message, because HOPEFULLY, I won't see it! Wink
Back to Top
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 1050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 8:32pm
OK!TongueEmbarrassedWink
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 16819
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 9:09pm
Live Desk likes to SQUISH and SHRINK the screen for long times, with the spinning box,the time, the lower third graphics, the crawl, the stock upodates  the top three stories listed  WITH PICTURES at the left, and THE f**kING NAME OF THE SHOW.

it hurts just to watch.

here's an illustration







One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
nickdawg View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 96
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 11:15pm
null
Back to Top
nickdawg View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 96
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Live Desk likes to SQUISH and SHRINK the screen for long times, with the spinning box,the time, the lower third graphics, the crawl, the stock upodates  the top three stories listed  WITH PICTURES at the left, and THE f**kING NAME OF THE SHOW.

it hurts just to watch.

here's an illustration




Any on-screen clutter you see, thank FOX for that!!  They've been revolutionaries in on screen garbage.  From ridiculous news crawls to animated bugs/logos and bight, flashy graphics with annoying background noises.  Sadly even local TV has picked up some of these bad hints.  The local FOX station here(which I don't watch) even modeled their graphics after FOX cable, complete with a rotating bug and sound effects.
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 16819
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 11:22pm
It seems that Bill O Reilly used to be a seemingly semi-respectable journalist when he was doing Inside Edition, now he seems to be a full-blown nutcase. Thumbs%20Down


but maybe it just me.


One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 46376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by nickdawg nickdawg wrote:

Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

Do you believe everything you hear, as long as you hear it from sources with the same political leanings you have?


No, just sources that are not full of crap.  FOX is full of crap.  They've done the Obama/BinLaden switcheroo on several occasions.  MSNBC and CNN have once, and apologized for it.  Where's YOUR apology FOX?  Plus FOX News has referred to Barack Obama's wife and the mother of his children as "Obama's Baby Mama".  


 
See what happens when you go by what sources that are full of crap (your friends, I'm guessing) tell you?  MSNBC has made the Obama/Osama mistake three times.  I think the mistake was made on Hardball twice, and by Dan Rather once.
 
But here's the tally as of one month ago, according to the website linked below:
 
MSNBC  3 times
FOX       3 times
CNN      2 times
ABC       1 time
NBC       1 time
 
 
 
 
 
Back to Top
nickdawg View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 96
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 11:45pm
This Bill O'Reilly?



WE'LL DO IT LIVE!!!  f**k IT!!  I'LL DO IT LIVE!!!! 


Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.234 seconds.