Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Annoying commercial jingle(s) you can never forget
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annoying commercial jingle(s) you can never forget

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 5:59pm
You mean the 'Get that great Goodwrench feeeeling' one?
Sponsored Links

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 11:37pm

This one still haunts me some 30 years later LOL:

"RING AROUND THE COLL-AR.....RING AROUND THE COLL-AR....."  Delivered in a teasing sing-song schoolyard taunting manner.

Oooook!! Dead  And see if you can get THIS one outta your heads!!  HAW HAW!!! 

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 1:27am
I'll simply say that is the FIRST TIME I've ever seen that pitiful excuse for a commercial (was in Eurpoe, back then...).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
violetlightning View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote violetlightning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 6:49am
Eight hundrerd five eight eight, two three hundred, EMPIRE! Today!

BYYYYYY MENN-en! (
Yes, this jingle has been in my head since early childhood.)

These last few are local, but still . . .

BERNIE AND PHI-IL - Quality Comfort and Price - That's nice!

Ernie Boch Junior, everything you're lookin for!

You wanna buy a car online, save some hassle, save some time, AND
you wanna see it for REAL so you can kick the wheel
you wanna buy it from a local dealer, but you wanna buy it for a little cheaper
Boston Auto Auction . . HEY!
You can BID you can WIN you can DRIVE away,
Boston Auto Auction dot com HEY!

Dead

Oh, and has anyone else heard the radio ad for Jared's the Galleria of Jewelry or whatever? They have this woman singing "It can only be JARED's!" but it's really high-pitched and it almost sounds a little off.
Mayor Quimby supports revolving-door prisons. Mayor Quimby even released Sideshow Bob, a man twice convicted of attempted murder. Can you trust a man like Mayor Quimby? Vote Sideshow Bob for Mayor.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 7:10am
The damn Rockaway Bedding jingle that's been running here in NYC since the beginning of time.
"ROCK ROCK ROCK! Rockaway BED-ding!
ROCK ROCK ROCK! Rockaway BED-ding!
ROCK ROCK ROCK! Rockaway BED-ding!...(repeated 50 million times)
Rockaway Bedding, YEAH!"

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by violetlightning violetlightning wrote:

Oh, and has anyone else heard the radio ad for Jared's the Galleria of Jewelry or whatever? They have this woman singing "It can only be JARED's!" but it's really high-pitched and it almost sounds a little off.
Yeah...THAAAAT'S JARRRRR-ED!Confused They advertise on TV as well, where it's a bunch of random idiots in a restaurant seeing some guy give his wife/GF a ring, and repeating, 'He went to JARED!' Between this 'Jared' and the Subway idiot, I'm pretty much burned out on that name in TV ads!
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 9:28pm
Although I adore the old Alka Seltzer commercial that inspired my screen-name, their old jingle of "PLOP-PLOP....FIZZ...FIZZZ....OH! What a RELIEF it is!"  still sticks in my head and can be annoying even after all these years!  But it's better than some of the newer ad jingles for sure.   Embarrassed
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 12:50am
How about, "yum yum bumblebee tuna"?
Cattie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 7:13am
Originally posted by BadWX BadWX wrote:

Those I hate:

Zoom Zoom Zoom

I despise this song, but for another reason; I'm a capoeirista.  This song is a bastardisation of a song that's sung when we play, and it *infuriates* me to no end to hear it sung for a CAR COMMERCIAL.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

The damn Rockaway Bedding jingle that's been running here in NYC since the beginning of time.
"ROCK ROCK ROCK! Rockaway BED-ding!
ROCK ROCK ROCK! Rockaway BED-ding!
ROCK ROCK ROCK! Rockaway BED-ding!...(repeated 50 million times)
Rockaway Bedding, YEAH!"

Not far behind is the 800-MATTRESS jingle, which I hope has been put to rest. 
AngryDeli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngryDeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:20am
Jingles that make me wanna slap Catholics across the lips with a dead fish....

1. Mentos (i rest my case)
2. Goldfish (too f**king tongue in cheek for anyone's benefit)
3. Frosted Flakes (everywhere we gooooo, people wanna know, whooooooo we areeeeee FUKK OFF KUNTS! No, I don't! I just wanna stick my dick in your mothers who are driving your spoiled rotten asses to your stupid games, you miserable fukking brats!)
4. McDonalds (I'm Hatin' It)
5. Zoom Zoom (too bad that little sh*t didn't get hit by a Mazda tear assing around the corner)
6. Jared's Galleria for Jewelry (like someone mentioned earlier, that bitch singing makes me wanna rob the place and shove a chainsaw up that bitch's twat to keep her from singing...)
7. Kay Jewelers (yet another annoying ass jingle... "Every Kiss Begins with KAY!!!" well every FUKK begins with F!)

Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 6:06am
Originally posted by AngryDeli AngryDeli wrote:

3. Frosted Flakes (everywhere we gooooo, people wanna know, whooooooo we areeeeee FUKK OFF KUNTS! No, I don't! I just wanna stick my dick in your mothers who are driving your spoiled rotten asses to your stupid games, you miserable fukking brats!)
5. Zoom Zoom (too bad that little sh*t didn't get hit by a Mazda tear assing around the corner)
6. Jared's Galleria for Jewelry (like someone mentioned earlier, that bitch singing makes me wanna rob the place and shove a chainsaw up that bitch's twat to keep her from singing...)
7. Kay Jewelers (yet another annoying ass jingle... "Every Kiss Begins with KAY!!!" well every FUKK begins with F!)

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL Look out! There's a new Angry in town!
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 6:07am
Originally posted by 8 Track Single 8 Track Single wrote:

Not far behind is the 800-MATTRESS jingle, which I hope has been put to rest. 

It hasn't.
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 6:15am
The old farts on the forum will remember this one, sung in a horrible Ethel Merman-ey voice:

A Sprinkle a Day Helps Keep Odor Away... (have you had your sprinkle today?)"

for Shower to Shower deodorant powder.
CurryMan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurryMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 6:53am
"Ba da ba ba ba..."

"I will stand upon my head 'til my ears are turning red
Pussycow, pussycow, pussycow!"
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

You mean the 'Get that great Goodwrench feeeeling' one?

Nope...that jingle is classic...I was talking about the NEW Goodwrench jingle--the one that goes "I can't stop thinkin' about it...". 
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

How about, "yum yum bumblebee tuna"?

I remember this one, Big Momma! Weren't they parading around with balloons and holding up tuna sandwiches?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 10:46pm
I just remembered another annoying jingle--the one for On-Cor Frozen Foods.  For taste and more, it's On-Cor...sounds like a company Newt Gingrich will soon buy, now that he's out of politics. 
violetlightning View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote violetlightning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 9:09am
Originally posted by AngryDeli AngryDeli wrote:

Ummmmm, WTF? Issues much? Wild Starchild, I apologize for finding your descriptives disturbing . . . this is ummmm . . . WOW. Shocked

And Catholics? That's a new one . . . Seriously, WTF? Are you playing Mad Libs?

noun   that make me wanna   verb      noun   across the   noun   with a   adjective     noun  ....
Mayor Quimby supports revolving-door prisons. Mayor Quimby even released Sideshow Bob, a man twice convicted of attempted murder. Can you trust a man like Mayor Quimby? Vote Sideshow Bob for Mayor.
PrinceJ View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrinceJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 11:49am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Carley Simon singing "Anticipaaaaaation", for Heinz...please - let me 'share the pain'
(damn! now I can't get this tune out of my head!) 

Advertisers seem to love Carley Simon.

Anticipation: Heinz Ketchup
I haven't got time for the pain: Asprin (forgot the brand)
Let the River Run (Citibank)
My Romance: Perfume

Have I missed any?
thespianmom View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thespianmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 6:12pm
This is another one for the old farts... I don't know if anyone remembers this but I seriously had to go through the TV and choke this woman senseless...or at least bang her over the head with her frying pan.

" I can bring home the bacon...
Fry it up in the pan...
and never let you forget you're a man...
Cause I'm a WOMAN...."

It was for Enjoli perfume.  30 years later and I still have emotional scars.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Although I adore the old Alka Seltzer commercial that inspired my screen-name, their old jingle of "PLOP-PLOP....FIZZ...FIZZZ....OH! What a RELIEF it is!"  still sticks in my head and can be annoying even after all these years!  But it's better than some of the newer ad jingles for sure.   Embarrassed

"Ohhh boy, that was a spee-cee . . .  spicey meat-a-ball."

Then it was, "I can't believe I ate the whooooooole thing."  "You ate it, Ralph."

Loved the Alka-Seltzer commercials.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 1:06pm
"...thought I was gonna die...."
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by thespianmom thespianmom wrote:

This is another one for the old farts... I don't know if anyone remembers this but I seriously had to go through the TV and choke this woman senseless...or at least bang her over the head with her frying pan.

Fry it up in the pan...
Cause I'm a WOMAN...."

I remember that one too vividly!  Also the commercial for Great American Soups in which a woman takes off her dress and reveals a Wonder Woman-type leotard and doing a forgettable dance number.  That commercial is on a DVD box set which can be purchased for around ten dollars at Best Buy. 
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by 8 Track Single 8 Track Single wrote:

Originally posted by thespianmom thespianmom wrote:

Fry it up in the pan...
Cause I'm a WOMAN...."

I remember that one too vividly!  Also the commercial for Great American Soups in which a woman takes off her dress and reveals a Wonder Woman-type leotard and doing a forgettable dance number.  That commercial is on a DVD box set which can be purchased for around ten dollars at Best Buy. 

That's an actual song.  Which I have hated, ever since the Enjoli campaign.  (Disclosure:  I wouldn't have liked it, anyway! LOL)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic