Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Current 5-hour energy drink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

My theory is that commercials for products like these are aimed at the twentysomething ambitious, naive recent college grad who wants to move up the corporate ladder ASAP.

Oh, but they can't give up their college social life just yet! They're not old and boring like the other schlubs in the company. They have to keep partying AND showing up for work looking smarter and fresher than their dusty colleagues.

How can they be sleek, sexy and productive? Why, buy these products! The smoothie that gives you all the benefits of fruit without having to >>>gasp!<<< bite into a wet, drippy apple or peel a messy orange. That's the old-fashioned way for the old folks who don't care about their nails or image.

So they take a couple drops of Wonder Crack in the morning; have an energy protein bar for lunch; a few bites of Activia as a snack; smoothie for dinner. Then a minute or two of the BowFlex, ShakeWeight or AbRoller before bedtime- you know, the no-sweat workout b/c sweat is messy, and the old-fashioned concept of exercise is SO outdated. Exercise is for the old people who don't know better, SO not with the times Unhappy 

Coffee is SO last century.

LOLLOLLOLLOL Wonder Crack!
Sponsored Links

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 1:21am
I tried it one morning and it did nothing for me. I think I eventually went with a cup of coffee.
The poster formerly known as producer757
SundayForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SundayForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 8:39am
I hate all these commercials.  They take laziness to a whole new level.  Every time the one comes on where the person is saying how they just don't feel like working out or doing anything, UGH!  Move your lazy butt.  No drink is going to help your lazy self, you will just get fatter.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:35pm
I've never tried "5-Hour Energy," but I did try Red Bull a few times, and all that did for me was burn a hole in my stomach. I think I'm allergic to ginseng or summat...
sniffels323 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniffels323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

One more thing - am I the ONLY one that uses this stuff?  I would have thought at least one other person would comment that it works.  Be brave, join me!

I have drank it and then laid down for a nap. I guess it effects different people different ways. I have probably built up a high tolerance to caffeine, over the years, because I can drink coffee late night and still sleep all night. Less the bladder breaks. 
Insanity does not run in my family...It strolls through and gets to know everybody personally.
a3b3i View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a3b3i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 10:22pm
Five Hour Energy made me puke once AND gave me intense heartburn, and I'll never drink it again!
dollar1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dollar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 11:27pm
Bingo! You nailed it. Those 3 ounce drinks are expensive. Also, they act like their is some 5-hour energy geinie where you snap your fingers and a bottle is in you hands. If I wanted a 5HE I would still need to wait in the same line at the convenience store I do to get coffee. Plus coffee actually tastes good and warm you up on a cold morning.
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 11:53pm
What exactly IS it made of?? Guess I'll have to Google it up.....
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 3:08pm
5 Hour Energy works for me. It helped me get through a two week stint on the night shift. It didn't make me feel any less physically tired, but it did keep my mind alert enough to function. So it gets a thumbs up from me as far as that goes.
BUT- it's no substitute for my morning coffee. Coffee is more than just about caffeine for me. I love the taste, the warmth, the aroma, and the ritual of making coffee. To me, there is no better way of waking up in the morning than relaxing with a cup of coffee. It gives me a while for my body to wake up, and the caffeine does the rest. And you really need food of some kind to really be alert throughout the morning.
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Dr. John Dorian Dr. John Dorian wrote:

5 Hour Energy works for me. It helped me get through a two week stint on the night shift. It didn't make me feel any less physically tired, but it did keep my mind alert enough to function. So it gets a thumbs up from me as far as that goes.
BUT- it's no substitute for my morning coffee. Coffee is more than just about caffeine for me. I love the taste, the warmth, the aroma, and the ritual of making coffee. To me, there is no better way of waking up in the morning than relaxing with a cup of coffee. It gives me a while for my body to wake up, and the caffeine does the rest. And you really need food of some kind to really be alert throughout the morning.

couldn't agree more.  I thoroughly enjoy coffee, but if I need something to really pick me up in a hurry, it's 5HE (dang, my pancreas is acting up again....)

BTW..just ordered  A CASE on amazon...
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 1:38pm
I hate the 5 hour energy commercials.  The dude drinks the shot, and then he sits down and reads the paper?  What did he need all that energy for?  Reading the funnies?

Also, they make such a big deal out of "Fussing with cream and sugar."  I consider cream and sugar condiments...  Is putting ketchup and mustard on my burger "fussing" with it?  Is it too much trouble to put dressing on my salad?  I hardly consider that "fussy". 
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 2:04pm
What the hell ever happened to No Doz?

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

What the hell ever happened to No Doz?

I have some in my kitchen cabinet right now.  Well, it's the WalMart brand, which is much cheaper.  I take my caffeine in pill form, as I've never drank coffee.

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Mommacita Mommacita wrote:

I hate the 5 hour energy commercials.  The dude drinks the shot, and then he sits down and reads the paper?  What did he need all that energy for?  Reading the funnies?

this made me laugh.  I never noticed that before, I'll have to watch for it next time.  
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic