Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pillsbury Toaster Strudel 2 brothers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pillsbury Toaster Strudel 2 brothers
    Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 9:39pm
No video

This one has been around for a while, but latley it has been on HEAVY rotation. There are 2 brothers (they look loke they can be brothers in real life and they are cutie pies!) The big brother is pouting and mulling over what is obviously a pop tart and his little brother is ooohing and ahhhing over a toaster strudel as it pops out of the toaster and of course the icing is spead over it perfectly ( I could never do that squiggly thing!!Angry)
What bugs is the constant look of disgust as the big brother breaks the cold pop tart in half and he looks like someone peed in his cornflakes! I want to say HEY KID IF YOU DONT' WANT IT DONT EAT THE DANG THING!!!! I am surprised he didnt do what most big brothers do and slap the strudel out of his little brothers hand!Unhappy Of course in the end the dough boy comes to the rescue and gives big whiney baby his own!LOL
Sponsored Links

ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 8:44pm
How do they get the icing to look so perfect on those commercials?  I've tried but it just comes out looking a mess.  I love Toaster Strudels though, especially the chocolate one (mmmm, I need to get out to Tom Thumb later on!)
LOL that kid's reaction when he breaks his Pop Tart was funny...he obviously didn't put it in the toaster.  When you warm them up, they are soft and flaky and yummy.  Also, if they had 2 toaster strudels, why didn't the kid get one in the first place instead of a Pop Tart, rather than sitting around and moping about his crackly "pastry"-flavoured product? 
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 9:58pm
There is no way in hell my mother would have bought 2 different brnds. It was either one or the other.

then again, I grew up on those industrial sized bags of puffed rice and puffed wheat. I may as well have had cardboard and sugar with milk. Oh and Cheerios - boxes and boxes of Cheerios.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:55am
Originally posted by ProudHeart86 ProudHeart86 wrote:

How do they get the icing to look so perfect on those commercials?  I've tried but it just comes out looking a mess.  I love Toaster Strudels though, especially the chocolate one (mmmm, I need to get out to Tom Thumb later on!)
LOL that kid's reaction when he breaks his Pop Tart was funny...he obviously didn't put it in the toaster.  When you warm them up, they are soft and flaky and yummy.  Also, if they had 2 toaster strudels, why didn't the kid get one in the first place instead of a Pop Tart, rather than sitting around and moping about his crackly "pastry"-flavoured product? 
LOLLOLTHANK YOU!! I could NEVER get the icing like that!! I mean ESPECIALLY  a kid holding that icing packet??? It would be smeared all over the place or better yet the kid would suck the icing out of the bag!
Yeah we use to toast our pop tarts..hence the name pop tart!!!! When it was warm it was sooooo good!Tongue

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:17am
I want to know how the kid handles the thing without getting 3rd degree burns on his fingers.  Just out of the toaster?  Uh-huh....
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:54am
ahhh, Toaster Strudel is the bomb! i love the apple ones. No kidding there Tim, that sh!t is hot as the sun when done in the toaster.
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by jenjen jenjen wrote:

Originally posted by ProudHeart86 ProudHeart86 wrote:

LOLLOLTHANK YOU!! I could NEVER get the icing like that!! I mean ESPECIALLY  a kid holding that icing packet??? It would be smeared all over the place or better yet the kid would suck the icing out of the bag!
Yeah we use to toast our pop tarts..hence the name pop tart!!!! When it was warm it was sooooo good!Tongue

LOL  LOL, I'm a grown adult and even I suck the icing out of the bag sometimes!  I remember one time, I tried to make a...ahem..."dirty" picture out of the icing.  Didn't turn out well at all, lol.  They need to make little tubes like they have for when you decorate cakes.  A kid's mind is full of ideas on what to do with that icing, and Pillsbury needs to realize that LOL  Those packets don't do a thing for creativity!

jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

There is no way in hell my mother would have bought 2 different brnds. It was either one or the other.

then again, I grew up on those industrial sized bags of puffed rice and puffed wheat. I may as well have had cardboard and sugar with milk. Oh and Cheerios - boxes and boxes of Cheerios.

So true Madawee!! I HATED puffed rice!! We called it styrofoam with milk!
Yeah our mom would just get poptarts...and you loved them or went without!! On bad months we had the tostetts! Remember those.??? They were the phony pop tarts!LOL
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 12:16am
^i remember my mom bought those Toastettes(sp?) once and they were horrible.
Brandon

jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 1:54am
Originally posted by 133 133 wrote:

^i remember my mom bought those Toastettes(sp?) once and they were horrible.
I know 133! They were NASTY! But you better not say anything!! LOL!!!! Washed it down with TANG!! Dead
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 2:21am

haha, luckily my mom never bought Tang. her reasoning for the Toastettes was "they're the same thing". well technically yes but they sure didn't taste the same. man were they gross

Brandon

jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 4:58am
Originally posted by 133 133 wrote:

haha, luckily my mom never bought Tang. her reasoning for the Toastettes was "they're the same thing". well technically yes but they sure didn't taste the same. man were they gross

LOLLOLLOL My said the same thing about the phony poptarts!! And yes they were gross!! Tang was poor man's orange juice! You didnt miss much believe me!! LOL!!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by jenjen jenjen wrote:

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

So true Madawee!! I HATED puffed rice!! We called it styrofoam with milk!
Yeah our mom would just get poptarts...and you loved them or went without!! On bad months we had the tostetts! Remember those.??? They were the phony pop tarts!LOL

Styrofoam with milk! LOL

Does anyone remember Kelloggs's Danish Go Rounds? I still remember the freaking commercial and jingle. Man, they were GOOD. I liked them better than PopTarts.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 5:47am

[/QUOTE]

Styrofoam with milk! LOL

Does anyone remember Kelloggs's Danish Go Rounds? I still remember the freaking commercial and jingle. Man, they were GOOD. I liked them better than PopTarts.
[/QUOTE]
I remember those!!!! I think we had them ONCE...but my mom continued to buy the "safe" cheap stuff!! LOL!!!LOL
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 6:34am
These kids ought to be glad they have a choice. In my childhood, it was always one or the other, you couldn't have both.

The thing that really irks me about this commercial is how the kid with the toaster strudel looks like he's about ready to piss his pants with anticipation of biting into the toaster strudel.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Zach6848 Zach6848 wrote:

These kids ought to be glad they have a choice. In my childhood, it was always one or the other, you couldn't have both.

The thing that really irks me about this commercial is how the kid with the toaster strudel looks like he's about ready to piss his pants with anticipation of biting into the toaster strudel.

Yeah you can almost see him drooling over the dang toaster like it's filet mignon!!!!Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic