Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tobacco Free CA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tobacco Free CA
    Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:12am

sorry but i couldn't find a video on Youtube for it but there is a link at the end of the post. but the is it seems that the message is to ban smoking everywhere in CA. it starts with some guy saying that CA should be proud of itself to be the first to ban smoking on airplanes and in bars/restaurants and how it is the biggest killer, blah blah blah. now i'm not a big fan of cigarettes but if people want to smoke then they should be able to smoke especially in a bar/restaurant.

Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
Sponsored Links

LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:50am
Originally posted by 133 133 wrote:

sorry but i couldn't find a video on Youtube for it but there is a link at the end of the post. but the is it seems that the message is to ban smoking everywhere in CA. it starts with some guy saying that CA should be proud of itself to be the first to ban smoking on airplanes and in bars/restaurants and how it is the biggest killer, blah blah blah. now i'm not a big fan of cigarettes but if people want to smoke then they should be able to smoke especially in a bar/restaurant.

I'm unfortunately and on and off smoker but I wont light up around people that don't smoke. Just out of courtesy. It's a pain in the butt to go outside in a bar or restaurant but oh, well, it's all part of the habit I guess.
Give us a kiss!
Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:54am
I agree, especially when it comes to weed.  Ying%20Yang

Automobile exhaust should be held responsible for most of our lung problems anyway.  There's no way that second-hand cigarette smoke ALONE could cause so much emphysema and cancer.  In California, people used to know that smog was the worst culprit when it came to lung disease, which is why they have the strictest emission laws in the country.  And look at Mexico City.  They actually have oxygen booths on street corners because the pollution is so bad.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:58am
Originally posted by Cherry_Carver Cherry_Carver wrote:

I agree, especially when it comes to weed.  Ying%20Yang

Automobile exhaust should be held responsible for most of our lung problems anyway.  There's no way that second-hand cigarette smoke ALONE could cause so much emphysema and cancer.  In California, people used to know that smog was the worst culprit when it came to lung disease, which is why they have the strictest emission laws in the country.  And look at Mexico City.  They actually have oxygen booths on street corners because the pollution is so bad.

Wow, I had no idea it was that bad there. I always heard about the smog in LA. I've been there a few times but just changing planes. I went outside for a smoke. Didn't seem too bad at the time. I think we've all contributed over the years to pollution with all the aerosol cans and all that. I remember in the 80's when they were just starting to bring attention to the ozone layer and all and switching to pump hairspray and roll on deodorant, lol. Approve
Give us a kiss!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:03am
I recall having to spray-paint something once in the early 1980s and looking up at the sky and saying, "I'm sorry."  I think the hole was only about the size of Texas at that time.  I was only seventeen, but man, I felt sooooooo guilty.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:06am

Some friends' son, who lives in Brooklyn these days, tells me that smokes are like $11/pack there.  That might get me to quit.  I pay less than $4/pk right now for Marlboros.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:08am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Some friends' son, who lives in Brooklyn these days, tells me that smokes are like $11/pack there.  That might get me to quit.  I pay less than $4/pk right now for Marlboros.

Same here. When I was in Australia, I was paying about $15 a pack so I quit every time I go but it doesn't last. I'm only paying about $4 now. Clap
Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:09am

I recall having to spray-paint something once in the early 1980s and looking up at the sky and saying, "I'm sorry."  I think the hole was only about the size of Texas at that time.  I was only seventeen, but man, I felt sooooooo guilty.

I threw away full cans of deodorant when I heard all about the dangers to the environment, lol.
Give us a kiss!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:30am

NY cigs (at most stoes) run at least $8 per pack throughout the entire state.
If you head to the Indian Reservations, they are still $5-6, but NY State constantly is challenging 'Imminent Domain' and trying to tax the Indians.
If that changes (which means we will have a true civil war on our hands), everyone will simply run to Pennsylvania.
In any case, illegal tobacco is big business in the Empire State.
Don't even ask about Canada...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:36am

Despite my libertarian-type leanings, I know that probably the only way I'll quit smoking would be if there was an outright ban on them.  The way they keep adding this tax and that tax hasn't curtailed my smoking in the least.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:36am
Good thing I quit!  I was chain-smoking over a pack a day in 2003.  Even when I saved the last smoke for morning, I always wound up driving across town to buy more...God, I'm glad those days are over.  
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:37am
NY has a ban on the sale of hookah tobacco.
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:42am

NY has a ban on hookah tobacco.
<Bzzzzzzzt!!!>Wrong Answer.Unhappy

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:45am

Despite my libertarian-type leanings, I know that probably the only way I'll quit smoking would be if there was an outright ban on them.  The way they keep adding this tax and that tax hasn't curtailed my smoking in the least.

I manage for a few months and then I go back to it, ugh!Angry
Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:46am

Good thing I quit!  I was chain-smoking over a pack a day in 2003.  Even when I saved the last smoke for morning, I always wound up driving across town to buy more...God, I'm glad those days are over.  

Good job, CC! Been there too, lol. Walked to a Walgreens at 4am one night when I ran out, lol.
Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:46am

Uh-oh!Unhappy
Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:47am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

NY cigs (at most stoes) run at least $8 per pack throughout the entire state.
If you head to the Indian Reservations, they are still $5-6, but NY State constantly is challenging 'Imminent Domain' and trying to tax the Indians.
If that changes (which means we will have a true civil war on our hands), everyone will simply run to Pennsylvania.
In any case, illegal tobacco is big business in the Empire State.
Don't even ask about Canada...

Damn, they need to stop that!
Give us a kiss!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:51am
Seems the hip thing nowadays is some sort of tobacco packet that you stick under your upper lip.  It's not "chew" exactly.  And it doesn't involve spitting.  I dunno.  Young people and their fads.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:55am

Seems the hip thing nowadays is some sort of tobacco packet that you stick under your upper lip.  It's not "chew" exactly.  And it doesn't involve spitting.  I dunno.  Young people and their fads.

Ewwwww! I'll stick with my coffin nails, lol.
Give us a kiss!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:05am
Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

Uh-oh!Unhappy
I tried to clear the air there - that isn't true. You can get hookah tobacco anywhere; there are hookah bars everywhere.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:08am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

Uh-oh!Unhappy
I tried to clear the air there - that isn't true. You can get hookah tobacco anywhere; there are hookah bars everywhere.

Pa you're such a rascal. {{throws you a ham-bone}} Good wolf! Good wolf! Hug
Give us a kiss!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 2:40pm
What ever happened to those oxygen bars that were the next big thing about 10 years ago?

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:44pm

$10.60 per pack in my part of NY (I'm in NYC's suburbs.)

Pa - where are you seeing puffs for $8???  That was the price 3 years ago in my neck of the state.

Next, they're going to make us pay to breathe.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:59pm
My sis-in-law was thrilled to find a carton of 'Boro Lights here in CA for $55 when she was visiting in October.  If she had just taken my advice and switched to the new version of Marlboro Lights (called Special Blend), she could've had the same thing for $40.

The Marlboro 72s are even cheaper.  Those are fine for me, as I usually take 2 or 3 puffs from a cigarette, and then put it out.  Now, for that same reason, I'm getting the 100s...and then put it out in a snuffer.  That way, I can "get back" to that cigarette rather than lighting up a fresh one.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

$10.60 per pack in my part of NY (I'm in NYC's suburbs.)

Pa - where are you seeing puffs for $8???  That was the price 3 years ago in my neck of the state.

Next, they're going to make us pay to breathe.
Yea Mad...You high-class city-slickers gotta 'foot the bill', doncha know...but then again, "we don't smoke...", now do we? (nod nod, wink wink, say no more...)
Most convenience stores up along the border of the United States of Americo, or NY-PA border run the $8 to $8.50 range, for premium brands - but mind you, the 'legal beagles' are always trying to trip up the store owners, with underage kids and 'assorted low-life' that actually carry badges. They are constantly looking for illegal sales and proper tax stamps. Many little 'AlienMarts' are continually getting busted as they buy cigs from the Reservations (no tax stamps) and stock their shelves, selling at higher prices to whomever they can... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic