Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to..... on CIH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to..... on CIH
    Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 12:39am

In this topic, short as it might be, we will discuss how to do certain things to enhance our posts.

The first is, how to insert a YouTube video into your post.  Instead of just a boring link to it.

First, find a cool video that you want to insert into your post.

For our first example we will use one of Nathan's CIH videos.

Go to the address bar and copy the whole address on to the clipboard.  Control C "CTRL" "C" is the easiest way.

Then paste this link into your post. "CTRL" "V"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0J9A-H4ygQ

As you can see it creates a nice, but boring hyperlink.  What we want to focus on in this hyper link is only the part after where it says "watch?v=" the last part.

Make a copy of that part and paste it again. T0J9A-H4ygQ

Now to make it appear in your post as a cool YouTube video link simply type:

[tube   ]  paste the link again T0J9A-H4ygQ then [/tube     ]  Note: You will have to leave the extra spaces out as well as of course my instructional text.

That's all there is to it.  Now the video will show in your post.  I demonstrate here.
If you want to see the actual format. Just quote this post and you can see it.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 12:52am
I've tried this three times over the past month.  It worked the first time.  The last two times, however, all that posted was the text (the brackets/"tube" stuff), and I ended up just posting the link.

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 2:26am
When I posted this thread, the youtube screen just showed up in my post and I didn't have to do any of that. Embarrassed I still don't know how it happened!  Sleepyhttp://forums.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=302
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 2:31am
Spicy, how many times must I say it?  Computers are magic!!  Magic%20Wand

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 3:29am
I'm really just learning how to use a computer, so, you might just have to put up with boring links from me, sorry!Unhappy
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've tried this three times over the past month.  It worked the first time.  The last two times, however, all that posted was the text (the brackets/"tube" stuff), and I ended up just posting the link.

It took me several times to get it to work, but once you do, it's simple.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 3:33am
How do you put an image in your sig line or at the bottom of your posts?

Been meaning to ask that for awhile.

Thankfully someone created a thread for that very kind of question.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 4:28am

Like I said in my previous post, you can't put the whole youtube address in there. It won't work.  You have to only put in what comes after the = sign.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 4:32am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If you go into your Member Control Panel, go down to where it says signature.  You will see something that says BBCodes.  Click on that. It will tell you how to do different types of signatures.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:19am
I've nothing constructive to add other than to say this is a really good thread, MM-00; thanks for cranking it up. I've found a few useful hints right from the start.
Personally, I do appreciate it!  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

I'm really just learning how to use a computer, so, you might just have to put up with boring links from me, sorry!Unhappy

No problem Big Momma.  Ironically I was just using hyperbole (I think that's the word I want) to make a boring instructional post sound more interesting.  Big%20smile
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 5:57pm

[IMG  ] image URL, which you can get by right clicking your image and hitting "properties" [/IMG   ]

take out the extra spaces of course.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 1:24am
Did you know......

If you are annoyed by those animated ads on web pages, you can freeze them by simply hit the Esc button.  This also works for freezing animated avatars.
was feeling nostalgic
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 2:34am

Thanks, shadow. I tried it immediately and Big Momma's butterflys stopped flying.

Sorry BM Unhappy

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 2:58am
Oh honey, if they bug you I'll change them! Wait a sec, let me get my net.............
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 3:02am
Got them! All gone!!Big%20smile
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 12:26am
Next question:

Does this site have pic hosting, or do I need to use my bucket?
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Oh honey, if they bug you I'll change them! Wait a sec, let me get my net.............

LOL  No, the butterflies didn't bother me, I was just using them as my test case.

I suddenly realized I misspelled butterflies before. LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 12:49am
bring back the butterflies!!!!!!

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 1:31am
POOF smaller butterflies!
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 1:45am
Skib stick with your bucket.
That way you can control the file size.
I don't know if Nathan plans on hosting pics.
was feeling nostalgic
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 3:39am
Thanks!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 3:58am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

If you go into your Member Control Panel, go down to where it says signature.  You will see something that says BBCodes.  Click on that. It will tell you how to do different types of signatures.

Tried it.

Worked.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 3:59am
Jimbo,  then what is the guy with the beer?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 5:11am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Like I said in my previous post, you can't put the whole youtube address in there. It won't work.  You have to only put in what comes after the = sign.

I tried it again, and it worked.  I'm wondering if I was starting out with = sign when my attempts were failing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic