Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to..... on CIH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to..... on CIH
    Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

arby's f*cked my ordr

No potatoe cakes

I like their potato cakes. 
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:24am
Yeah.  I must have had my tongue in front of my eye teeth and I couldn't see what I was typing. Embarrassed
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

arby's f*cked my ordr

No potatoe cakes

Hmmmmmmm...... clicked on the wrong thread I'm guessing? Wink
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 6:05pm
arby's f*cked my ordr

No potatoe cakes
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They won't recognize it. I painted it purple metalflake.

They had a transponder installed in a secret location up inside the frame where nobody can find it.

If they get within one mile of your house, they can pick up the signal and track it straight to you.

It's some kind of military thing "Afgy Wolf" got from the Army.

He's also got an automatic assault rifle.

He's bringing it with him.

And he's pissed off.

LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:54am

They had a transponder installed in a secret location up inside the frame where nobody can find it.

If they get within one mile of your house, they can pick up the signal and track it straight to you.

It's some kind of military thing "Afgy Wolf" got from the Army.

He's also got an automatic assault rifle.

He's bringing it with him.

And he's pissed off.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:54am

I always liked French berets. I wonder if it's too late for me to adopt that look.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:51am

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 11:08pm

Pa left those seconds to me. Aka got the Blackillac. You got the relationships with his awful kids. They hate you. Have you called them yet? 

There's nothing awful about the "kids" (they're all adults), but it's not me they hate.

They hate YOU for taking the Blackillac.

They wanted it for themselves.

I'm giving them your address.

Expect an unannounced "visit" some day soon.

C'mon, man!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:32pm
Bloody Nora! It worked! Thanks to everyone!! That photo was taken a couple days ago. My cap is from my service years for the RAF ( I was a lieutenant). I like wearing it in very cold weather (it's wool, keeps my head warm).
One man gathers what another man spills
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:31pm

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:09pm

Pa left those seconds to me. Aka got the Blackillac. You got the relationships with his awful kids. They hate you. Have you called them yet?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:50pm
Yeah, but save them for WHAT??????

What is either of us doing that is so awesome we need to save as many seconds as we can just to devote them to it???

Stern Smile

Besides, I think PaWolf left us a bunch of unused seconds to waste. Wink

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:20pm
It saves only a few seconds, but really, how many seconds do we have left in life?

Every second counts at this point.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:06pm
Yeah, I did that and edited my above post.

It saves a few seconds.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:03pm
Well, I'm using my phone, but it's similar on a desktop. I tap on the icon at the right end of the hotlink for forums bar, and the word "copied" appears.

Then i go to my CIH reply box, tap it and the word "paste" appears. Then I tap that, and voila!, the code is in. The pic shows up when I post reply or preview.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:59pm

You use that tree icon, Jimbo?? I just copy/paste directly from postimage.

How do you get the IMG tags around the URL?

Nevermind. 

I see the "Hotlink for forums" option does that for you.

Meh.

Maybe saves three seconds.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:58pm
BTW.... Thor and aka ron use Postimage because I recommended it to them.

Several times before they finally believed me about it being the easiest and best image hosting site to use.

Just thought I'd toot my own horn for a minute. Approve

Wink

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:57pm

You use that tree icon, Jimbo?? I just copy/paste directly from postimage.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I was sucessful once in posting a photo, but I can't remember how in bloody hell I did it! Blimey, does this forum make it hard to post photos! I have other photo's I'd like to post, but I really don't know how to do it. Can anyone give me very simple instructions? I am a total novice at computer things, so if you can help me, please give me the idiot instructions. Photobucket is very difficult to understand (that's what I used before, but I can't make it work again).

The best (easiest) picture hosting site to use is Postimage....

Just click on "Choose Image", then choose which picture you want to upload from your computer, then click on OK.

Your image will upload.

Then click on "Hotlink for forums" (big red arrow)

Next, come back to CIH and paste it into your post (ctrl V) and Bob's your uncle.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:51pm

And oh yeah...you do look pretty good for an old coot.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I was sucessful once in posting a photo, but I can't remember how in bloody hell I did it! Blimey, does this forum make it hard to post photos! I have other photo's I'd like to post, but I really don't know how to do it. Can anyone give me very simple instructions? I am a total novice at computer things, so if you can help me, please give me the idiot instructions. Photobucket is very difficult to understand (that's what I used before, but I can't make it work again).
Jimmy, go to PostImage. It's free and easy. Click on 'Download Image'. It will open the files on your phone or computer, click on the image/photo.  Scroll down to 'Hotlinks for Forums.'  Copy and paste and you are there mate.  Thumbs Up

Hey Jiimaay, don't worry, that's an inside joke.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:43pm

First of all, disregard the options CIH provides. I don't think they've ever worked.

Instead, go to postimage.com. You'll have a choice of selecting either your own pics from your computer, or pics from the internet ("upload by url"). For the latter, you copy/paste the url into the box and hit upload. A blue line appears if successful and then you're taken to another page where you're given choices about what the pic is being used for. You want "hotlink for forums". You select that, come back to CIH and paste it into your reply box.

If you're uploading from your own pictures, it's an even easier process as it'll bring you right to your photo library. I don't remember the particulars, but as I recall, it's pretty easy.

All this sounds complicated until you do it once or twice.

It does get more complicated if you try to post a pic from facebook for some reason. I don't have Facebook, so I don't.

Also, some pics from the net you just can't upload. In those cases, a red line appears and says "invalid" something or other.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:30pm
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 3:12pm

Why'd I picture you with dark brown hair?

Maybe because of your avatar.

And yeah, you are a goodlooking guy!

When I was younger my hair was mixed between dark brown and ginger. My beard was always ginger, but now I'm an old guy.
Ta, for the compliment. I've been trying to learn how to post a bloody picture for years, finally figured it out yesterday. I'm better in the kitchen than I am with a bloody computer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic