Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who are the McCann twins???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who are the McCann twins???
    Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:34am
Who the devil are these two bozos? Angry  They say "McCann Twins" like they expect everyone on the planet to know who they are and race madly to their phones to call this fly by night cell company.

I am really tired of this ad, and hope I never see those two dweebs again. What is their claim to infamy anyway, that I should be moved to buy the service they shill for? DeadThumbs%20DownNuke
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 3:03am
Those two dweebs deserve a fist to the face.

I bet it's the same actor filmed in different clothes, it wouldn't surprise me.  
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:16pm
That's what I was thinking too- one actor.  Like he couldn't stand alone as being the most annoying dork ever...no need to double my agony!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:05pm
I could've sworn I started something on the "McCann Twins" (yea, o.k., I got another name for them) some time back...probably got pulled and banned.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
pat21784 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pat21784 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:05am
The McCann twins, are, as suspected, one person, and no, you haven't seen him anywhere else, unless you've been looking really hard.  You can get the scoop on him here:  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2287491/
That is indeed one of the most obnoxious commercials going, and I hope it disappears soon.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I could've sworn I started something on the "McCann Twins" (yea, o.k., I got another name for them) some time back...probably got pulled and banned.

You might be thinking about the 'other' twins, Pa.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

You might be thinking about the 'other' twins, Pa.

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
burt harbinson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burt harbinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 3:43pm
I registered on this site just to add my two sites. My daughter watches a show she loves called "Animal Atlas". These Mccann twits are on every time. It is painful to watch but my daughter gets upset when I fast forward through the ads. They are absolutely painful to watch. 
Buelligan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buelligan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 6:56pm
The only good thing I can say about that ad is that it was so terrible and irritating I actually googled "the McCann twins" to see what the deal was and found this place.

That guy derserves two fists to the face, btw.

I hate that ad.
neoyamaneko View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoyamaneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 12:20am
They don't exist and are just one guy. You can tell because "they" are only in the same shot one time and the fx on it is terrible.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 12:35am
Originally posted by neoyamaneko neoyamaneko wrote:

They don't exist and are just one guy. You can tell because "they" are only in the same shot one time and the fx on it is terrible.

Yeah, it looks kinda fake.  I think Patty/Cathy did it better:

snapshotsid62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snapshotsid62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 10:42pm
This Mccann twins commercial is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING!  I'll bet you any amount of money that the moron who came up  with this twin idea thought he was really clever.   The dude reminds of this guy I rented from, I mean he  ("they" ???)  look just like him and was a super annoying guy.  This twins crap reminds me of another day when Wrigleys advertized "Double Mint" gum using twins, but at least they were REAL!!  The Mccann twins need that cell phone shoved up there ass!!!!!    I mean....."Hi ugly"............"Hi Handsome"     .......ANNOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIINNNNGGGGG   Someone please comment so I know I'm not alone in this.....
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 6:34am

er wait.. MCCANN twins.. not McCain
bluestate69 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluestate69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 8:31am
i definitely like the mccain "twins" better!

Flamethrower View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 12:08pm
I am so happy to learn about this forum.  These commercials bothered me so much -- that I googled to find out who these guys are -- turns out, as I now know -- "they" are only one guy.  This campaign has the worst of all worlds -- It's like a Dockers commercial on steroids.  The twins should be ordering Kay Jewelry from Jared -- charging it with Citi points while drinking a manly lite beer.  I wanna puke.
sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Flamethrower Flamethrower wrote:

I am so happy to learn about this forum.  These commercials bothered me so much -- that I googled to find out who these guys are -- turns out, as I now know -- "they" are only one guy.  This campaign has the worst of all worlds -- It's like a Dockers commercial on steroids.  The twins should be ordering Kay Jewelry from Jared -- charging it with Citi points while drinking a manly lite beer.  I wanna puke.

LOLLOLLOL

Welcome to the dark side!  It's pretty fun here...and you'll fit right in.

If you've got a few minutes, this is a hilarious takedown of the ad and the "twins":

http://bigboyandchip.blogspot.com/2011/01/whither-mccann-twins.html

LOL
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 5:06pm

Ripoff clones of Drew Carey????????.Geek

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic