Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kids in Commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kids in Commercials
    Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 12:46am
Whether it's babies, toddlers, children, tweens, and teens these commercials are always driving me off the wall!

Who's responsible for these commercials with kids?
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 10:43am
Yeah they're either overbearingly sappy or the kid's a rude obnoxious sh*tstain. It's like those are the only two modes kids in cmmercials can be.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
mixersteve View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixersteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 2:06am
sh*tty parents are responsible for kids in commercials. 
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 3:17am
Don't forget the sh*t-brained advertising executives who green-lighted these ridiculous commercials.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 4:52am
I hate that ad with the kid yelling DO IT DO IT DO IT.
Very annoying most kids in ads are. And loud. I hate loud.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
ironwolf56 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ironwolf56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

If you're talking about the laundry detergent one where the kid slides down the hill, that's actually the kid's MOM!  I know I too thought at first it was some older kid but someone somewhere was mentioning about the kids mom saying it and I watched closer the next time and...sure enough.

What I think needs to die the death of a thousand cuts is the "stock kid's laugh" that you hear in EV-ERY-THING TV, movies, but most of all commercials constantly!  For one thing I have never heard a kid who laughs like that, if they insist on using a cheap stock recording at least it's time to make a new one that sounds like an actual kid laughing and not a chipmunk getting kidney-shanked.

Stock sound clips annoy me anyway.  The Wilhelm Scream at this point is just a joking nod, no big deal.  But the three big offenders are the Howie Long Scream (yyrrrrAAHHH!! you know the one), the "stock police radio chatter" (female dispatcher saying something like 7856 Code six... ) and the most ear grating the stock kid's laughter noise!  My sister and nephew (he's 7) are staying at my place for a few days until she moves into her new apartment and so of course it's cartoons for him non-stop and if I hear that unholy laughter on a commercial one...more...time... my tv is going out the window.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 5:49am
Really? That's the kids MOM? I thought it was a kid... What the heck? Could she be more annoying?!
Without hurting me,
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 9:41pm
Oh the pain--when was the last time they used the Goofy holler? That's annoying too.
mimitchi33 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimitchi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 11:49pm
I think ads with kids in them are cute, because I'm usually used to kids!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:08pm
I think the Pedialyte (or is it Pediasure?) kids are cute, as they're not acting.  One has a little girl dancing, and the other has a baby laughing.  It's when kids have to read lines written by adults, that they get annoying.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 7:45pm
I hate kids on TV period.

Being on TV commercials just makes them even worse.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PESFIFAFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PESFIFAFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 8:27pm
I hate TV spots with kids.
The olny thing I think on those is that their parents corrupted children to make spots (in an illegal way).
I Love The Amazing World of Gumball! I Hate Adventure Time and Courage the Cowardly dog! Probelms, Officer?
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:37pm
Commercials with children are not all bad. But, enough of them are utterly pointless and it makes me wish children didn't act, period. If I see another commercial with children in it, I might just scream out loud and karate chop my television into five thousand pieces.
hump View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:30am
Originally posted by ironwolf56 ironwolf56 wrote:

Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

If you're talking about the laundry detergent one where the kid slides down the hill, that's actually the kid's MOM!  I know I too thought at first it was some older kid but someone somewhere was mentioning about the kids mom saying it and I watched closer the next time and...sure enough.

What I think needs to die the death of a thousand cuts is the "stock kid's laugh" that you hear in EV-ERY-THING TV, movies, but most of all commercials constantly!  For one thing I have never heard a kid who laughs like that, if they insist on using a cheap stock recording at least it's time to make a new one that sounds like an actual kid laughing and not a chipmunk getting kidney-shanked.

Stock sound clips annoy me anyway.  The Wilhelm Scream at this point is just a joking nod, no big deal.  But the three big offenders are the Howie Long Scream (yyrrrrAAHHH!! you know the one), the "stock police radio chatter" (female dispatcher saying something like 7856 Code six... ) and the most ear grating the stock kid's laughter noise!  My sister and nephew (he's 7) are staying at my place for a few days until she moves into her new apartment and so of course it's cartoons for him non-stop and if I hear that unholy laughter on a commercial one...more...time... my tv is going out the window.

I know exactly what you are talking about. It's even worse when that sound bit infiltrates movies and video games. Awful, purely awful.
adh8tr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adh8tr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 11:36pm
i hate a local ad for sean king with the token "cutesy kids" loudly screamy singing at the end.want to smash my tv. its an epidemic in ft.misery fl- local ads on tv flooded w cutesy kids. ugh GAG ME. I love my familys young uns but ENOUGH ALREADY WITH YOURS!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 11:45pm
I hate it when the kids act like they are more intellegent than their parents, you know the know-it-all who thinks they're smarter than anyone else? e.g. the Net 10 ads where they convince their family to switch to Net 10 beacuse it's cheaper etc.

Kids should act like kids not mini-adults!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 6:46am
Some of these kids are too squeaky and annoying like in this Denny's ad.
Without hurting me,
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 2:19pm
The only kids ads I can tolerate are the ones for AT&T 4G...the kids "focus group". They're not smart-alecks, they're genuinely cute kids with overactive imaginations (i.e. taping grandma to a cheetah). Kinda like watching Bill Cosby on Kids Say the Darndest Things.

I love the little girl's laugh at 0:20!

But the ones like State Farm Career Day or the cable guy also at Career Day, mouthing off? No, no, NO! I don't know who actually thinks kids mouthing off is cute or funny...when I was a kid (just 20-25 years ago), that would've gotten a phone call home for disrespecting a guest. 

Having spoken at a few Career Day events, I know kids are imaginative and unintentionally ask an inappropriate question (i.e. "How much do you make?"), but the brats in those two ads are just rude. Whatever happened to "seen and not heard"?
The poster formerly known as producer757
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 9:36pm
I hate those ads.  It's weird how people all see things so differently but I think some of the kids seem fakey, smart-alecky and too "precious". The one where the chubby kid starts mumbling something and goes on and on, and what he is saying doesn't sound at all like what a real kid would say--well, to each his own.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 2:53pm
Here're the commercials I mentioned earlier.  I like 'em.  The kids are natural, and the commercials only 15 seconds long.

adh8tr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adh8tr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:04pm
Hate the one w the girl . Shes too young to have dance moves like that and music awful!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by hump hump wrote:

I know exactly what you are talking about. It's even worse when that sound bit infiltrates movies and video games. Awful, purely awful.

I hate that laugh, too. It's so forced -- like the kid is trying to fake the kind of laugh that s/he thinks adults will think is adorable and childlike. (I may be projecting here, as I was a bit of a showboat around that age.)

Another one is the cat "mrrower!" that you hear all over the place. It's the exact same stock clip, and I've heard it in everything from a Vlasic commercial to the Kardashians' show (where Kanye gave Kim a kitten that was, sadly but unsurprisingly, dead within a month). Most cats don't make that much noise all the time, and when they do, they have a pretty wide "vocatulary." That indignant yowl would only happen if a cat got startled or had its tail stepped on. Just another case of advertisers either being idiots or thinking we are.

Back to the point of the thread, I'm really sick of kids in commercials too. They're all so awkwardly precocious and bratty and they play up the pipsqueak voices that grate on my nerves. Kids in real life are actually not that annoying, except the little assholes who aspire to be on TV like this. It's the Cult of the Child thing in our culture that tries to tell us we should all defer to and obsess over children as though they were fonts of mysterious wisdom and preciousness. Most of them aren't. That's not an insult, it's just reality. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Originally posted by hump hump wrote:

I hate that laugh, too. It's so forced -- like the kid is trying to fake the kind of laugh that s/he thinks adults will think is adorable and childlike. (I may be projecting here, as I was a bit of a showboat around that age.)

Another one is the cat "mrrower!" that you hear all over the place. It's the exact same stock clip, and I've heard it in everything from a Vlasic commercial to the Kardashians' show (where Kanye gave Kim a kitten that was, sadly but unsurprisingly, dead within a month). Most cats don't make that much noise all the time, and when they do, they have a pretty wide "vocatulary." That indignant yowl would only happen if a cat got startled or had its tail stepped on. Just another case of advertisers either being idiots or thinking we are.

Back to the point of the thread, I'm really sick of kids in commercials too. They're all so awkwardly precocious and bratty and they play up the pipsqueak voices that grate on my nerves. Kids in real life are actually not that annoying, except the little assholes who aspire to be on TV like this. It's the Cult of the Child thing in our culture that tries to tell us we should all defer to and obsess over children as though they were fonts of mysterious wisdom and preciousness. Most of them aren't. That's not an insult, it's just reality. 

I agree that mwreeeowww noise need to be retired, it was funny at first but now it's getting old!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
AndroidFan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndroidFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 2:31pm
I hate the Xfinity Mobile one where there is a kid on a scooter.
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 3:56pm
Can we add anything with children singing? Nothing irritates me more than their shrill slightly off-key prepubescent voices rising in unison - it’s my fingernails on a chalkboard moment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic