Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Homesick College Freshman and JIF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homesick College Freshman and JIF
    Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 4:26pm
They show this one over and over I guess because it is back to school time!
It was CUTE and mushy  at first, then it became annoying after seeing it 4 billion times! (After the 1 millionth time you can't help but snark!) ...mother calls daughter to confirm she got her care package complete with JIF, and it looks like some "music cd's from mom" (wonder what was on THERE??!)
I just picture the daughter hanging up and her roommate asking her...what did ya get...Daughter rolls eyes and says "My mom just sent me some horrible mother music and some damn peanut butter!!!"
Hey mom..NEXT TIME SEND SOME CASH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL
Sponsored Links

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 5:52pm

When I see this one I roll my eyes because, hey, is JIF in such short supply that Daughter can't hop down to the nearest mini-mart and buy her own?  Now, if Mom sent some homemade Lasagna, etc.  So this girl is so special Mom spent 1 minute and $2 on her beloved girl.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 8:19pm
^^ Exactly. A jar of any brand peanut butter wouldn't make me think of home. Bet she wishes mom would've sent some money too, so daughter could buy some bread or crackers to go along with it.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

^^ Exactly. A jar of any brand peanut butter wouldn't make me think of home. Bet she wishes mom would've sent some money too, so daughter could buy some bread or crackers to go along with it.
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClap
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 11:51pm

Maybe her mommy always fed her peanut butter, and it isn't available at her college! LOL  j/k.  But yeah, if I was living on campus, I'd expect a care package to include some sort of money, or crap like toiletries, kitchen items, etc. that would save me money...not just music (which I could get free online Embarrassed) or freaking PEANUT BUTTER!  I will agree, though, that she's lucky her mom took the time to send it to her.  Many parents wouldn't even send her a sheet of blank paper, because they have the "living away from home = the child is already rich, on their own and fully independent...can never help them again...if they are poor then screw them" attitude. Disapprove
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 9:53pm
Daughter should send home a big sack of dirty laundry along with a thank you note.

Thanks Mom
The Jif peanut butter was really swell but I'm almost out of cell phone minutes and don't have any quarters for laundry.
You're da bomb.......
Daughter 
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 10:28pm

Daughter should send home a big sack of dirty laundry along with a thank you note.

Thanks Mom
The Jif peanut butter was really swell but I'm almost out of cell phone minutes and don't have any quarters for laundry.
You're da bomb.......
Daughter 
LOLLOL 
Good one Tiz! Or:

Dear Mom,
Thanks for the JIF peanut butter and the Cds "The many moods of Kenny G", and my favorite "Kenny G does James Brown".
However I had to sell my plasma at the local hospital because you were too cheap to send me any spending cash.  Don't worry if I run out of cash next month I can sell a kidney. There is a guy in my Biology class who is pre med! He has a "side buisness" and he said he could help me out!
Love ya! See you at Thanksgiving!!
Smooches!
Your daughter
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 6:54pm
I havent seen it lately
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by jenjen jenjen wrote:

Thanks Mom
You're da bomb.......
Daughter 
LOLLOL 
Good one Tiz! Or:

Dear Mom,
Thanks for the JIF peanut butter and the Cds "The many moods of Kenny G" is my favorite drink coaster.
However I had to sell my plasma at the local hospital because you were too cheap to send me any spending cash.  Don't worry if I run out of cash next month I can sell a kidney. There is a guy in my Biology class who is pre med! He said he'd love to be my roommate. His name is Steve, don't tell Dad - he won't understand.
Steve showed me how to get that last little bit of JIF from the bottom of the jar with his tongue.
He's so nice. Looks like I won't be needing that silverware after all.
Smooches!
Your daughter
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 2:00am

Thanks Mom
You're da bomb.......
Daughter 
LOLLOL 
Good one Tiz! Or:

Dear Mom,
Thanks for the JIF peanut butter and the Cds "The many moods of Kenny G" is my favorite drink coaster.
However I had to sell my plasma at the local hospital because you were too cheap to send me any spending cash.  Don't worry if I run out of cash next month I can sell a kidney. There is a guy in my Biology class who is pre med! He said he'd love to be my roommate. His name is Steve, don't tell Dad - he won't understand.
Steve showed me how to get that last little bit of JIF from the bottom of the jar with his tongue.
He's so nice. Looks like I won't be needing that silverware after all.
Smooches!
Your daughter

ApproveApproveLOLLOL LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 4:04am

Actors in commercials get paid!!!!!!!!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 2:35pm

Thanks Mom
You're da bomb.......
Daughter 
LOLLOL 
Good one Tiz! Or:

Dear Mom,
Thanks for the JIF peanut butter and the Cds "The many moods of Kenny G", and my favorite "Kenny G does James Brown".
However I had to sell my plasma at the local hospital because you were too cheap to send me any spending cash.  Don't worry if I run out of cash next month I can sell a kidney. There is a guy in my Biology class who is pre med! He has a "side buisness" and he said he could help me out!
Smooches!
Your daughter

"Kenny G Does James Brown"  LOL

I'm also guessing a CD filled with the sounds of "all those nice youngsters on American Idol".

KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 4:40pm
If my kid called me and said "thanks for the PB, but why no cash?" I'd tell her to get a damn job. lol. I had one in college... just part time.... but it gave me what I needed for illicit beer money and to pay the cover fee into the fraternities. Wink

My mom used to send the best care packages though.... homemade cookies, cute things for my dorm room, pictures from home of her and I when I was little (they weren't digital, so she couldn't e-mail them). My roommates and floormates were always jealous of the little packages I got. I really appreciated it.

Man.... I miss college.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

If my kid called me and said "thanks for the PB, but why no cash?" I'd tell her to get a damn job. lol. I had one in college... just part time.... but it gave me what I needed for illicit beer money and to pay the cover fee into the fraternities. Wink

Another good way to earn extra college cash, is to sell your plasma.  I did that for awhile.  $12.50 twice a week.  Pot money.

Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 5:31pm
I think the letter to Mom would be a little more like this, that is, if people were honest...

Dear Mom,
Thanks for the peanut butter, but I really need money for booze and condoms.
Weed doesn't buy itself. I'm broke and I need something to dull the pain of having to sleep with random guys at parties due to father issues.
P.S - Couldn't you spring for some bread? Me and my roommates have been living on bar peanuts for the past two weeks.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 12:57am

They show this one over and over I guess because it is back to school time!
It was CUTE and mushy  at first, then it became annoying after seeing it 4 billion times! (After the 1 millionth time you can't help but snark!) ...mother calls daughter to confirm she got her care package complete with JIF, and it looks like some "music cd's from mom" (wonder what was on THERE??!)
I just picture the daughter hanging up and her roommate asking her...what did ya get...Daughter rolls eyes and says "My mom just sent me some horrible mother music and some damn peanut butter!!!"
Hey mom..NEXT TIME SEND SOME CASH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Same here. I mean really she's going to college not to Jupiter. I'm pretty sure even the most podunk jerkwater college town has somewhere within their zipcode you can buy Jif peanut butter.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 3:15am
[
Same here. I mean really she's going to college not to Jupiter. I'm pretty sure even the most podunk jerkwater college town has somewhere within their zipcode you can buy Jif peanut butter.
[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! Care packages from home are supposed to be "special"...she was holding that spoon in her mouth like it was chocolate flavored cavier! IT'S FREAKING PEANUT BUTTER!Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic