Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone else here suffering from Election Burnout?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone else here suffering from Election Burnout?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else here suffering from Election Burnout?
    Posted: 02 Jun 2008 at 10:43pm
I know I am...

I getting pretty tired of hearing the names Barack Obama,Hillary Clinton, and John McCain  Barack Obama,Hillary Clinton, and John McCain Barack Obama,Hillary Clinton, and John McCain Barack Obama,Hillary Clinton, and John McCain Barack Obama,Hillary Clinton, and John McCain over and over and over again.

I'm also getting pretty tired of this he said,he said,she said nonsense thats been going on for months now ,ugh GRANTED  this election year is one the most important and one of the most unique in that it has been in decades, but please can't the news stop treating it like it's pretty much the only thing has been going on in the world?

stupid ratings, stupid media conglomorates, ugh. TongueThumbs%20Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2008 at 10:50pm
Earlier today I was getting a "reality TV" feeling about the whole "election" thing.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2008 at 11:13pm
I've JUST finished saying that to my Husband! The problem is, I've started tuning it out, I hate election years!! They're all acting like morons, I can't really stand any of them right now!!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 12:46am
Yes.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 2:59am
5 more months......just 5 more months.......

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 3:47am
YES!Angry
Poiuyt Power!!!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 5:11am
  Just like vaporware, they have no substance. And they haven't even really started running their annoying campaign ads yet....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 6:42am
I wouldn't mind so much if they stuck to the candidates' stance on issues.  But all I'm hearing on the news is who has what numbers. 

mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 12:26pm

I don't want Hitlery Clinton giving away free (read, more expensive) healthcare, or Barack Yomoma turning this country into a ghetto! So i'll taker my chances with John McCain! Yeah, politics sucks, but the sad reality is the fact that politics effect your life, so pick the lesser of two (or in this case, three) evils.
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 2:33pm
Stern%20Smile
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 7:30pm
When will the Democrats learn to pick a truly qualified candidate  who can win on his/her own merits, and doesn't come off as an opportunist(Obama, Clinton), or just a patronising weirdo(Gore, Kerry?) The whole 'We'll win with a flawed candidate because we're Democrats they're not, and  look who's running against us' strategy hasn't worked.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 8:03pm

Also, this whole superdelegate thing is being used to sway the delegate vote rather than decide a tie, as was originally intended.  It's been suggested that the rules here changed to ensure Obama the win. 

Adreme View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 9:15pm
To answer your question, YES.   Cry
Banquo View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 12:28am
Well Hillary is officially out today so maybe the madness will go away for a while.

8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 11:07pm
I'lll probably do like I did in the last Presidential election--vote Third Party.  I know--Kang and Kodos on The Simpsons like saying "Go ahead, throw your vote away!"--but I will keep voting Third Party until a suitable Presidential candidate throws his/her hat in the ring. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 11:18pm
I see nothing wrong with voting a third party.  People will complain that, by doing so, you may end up helping to vote "the bad guy" in.  They obviously don't get that you just might consider the main party candidates to BOTH be "the bad guys".

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 11:48pm
I see nothing wrong with Independents, I can see where they're coming from, hell it's been proven that both parties arn't that great, and a little more or less corrupt (sad) but I just hope they don't fall into a bad trap that they might regret like for example the Libertatarian Party check this out:

http://www.zompist.com/libertos.html

and that guys a small government conservative, and I'm a liberal!!! and I'm actually agreeing with him,dang!

But if you're going for the Green party or just regular good old Independent, that's fine with me, I'm just saying make sure what Independent party you're going into before you make your vote.

Okay? thanks.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 4:37am
Apparently they're using FL as a test ground for the upcoming campaign.  If what they showed on the news is any indication, nasty attack ads will be the rule....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic