Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The Poo Poo Yogurt" (Activia)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "The Poo Poo Yogurt" (Activia)
    Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 4:31am
Now we have Jamie Curtis pushing something resembling a green painted ice cream cart, and she comes across a couple. She jabbers on about the yogurt, then the female half of the accosted couple says "Isn't that the yogurt that makes you...you know...regular?", then the male half gets a horrified look on his face and says "I'll pass" or some such horse puckey and then starts to push the yogurt & spoon away.

Jamie then says that the yogurt is "beyond tasty", prompting the male used douche to put a spoonful into his mouth. Cry

She doesn't explicitely say that Activia contains Bifidus regularis or that it helps you take a shiit on a regular basis, but we all know that when the name "Activia" is spoken, that it's the "poo poo yogurt". AngryOuchDeadOuchAngry

Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 2:03pm
I HATE THIS PARTICULAR ONE! That asshat has to say "Thus us really gud"  with a MOUTHFUL of yogurt.

Didn't anyone ever tell that stupid oaf:  CHEW.... SWALLOW.... SPEAK.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 6:35pm
Yep, its that ill-bred man that makes this one a "flip-off" faster than my dog takes food off my fork LOL I think its another commercial where they think his speaking with a mouth full of shi*, uh, yogurt makes us think it tastes delicious.  Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 11:56pm
ConfusedI have a few real problems with this ad...
1.) WHO wants to "get regular" as they are walking through a city park?
2.) If you DID just happen to "get regular", where - oh, where, would you do it? Are you a 'Charmin Bear', or do you have TP stuck to your shoe, following you as you walk?
3.) The guy is CLEARLY an idiot - yes, talking with his mouth full...maybe that was better than what came NEXT...

"...Gee...THANK YOU, JL & Activia! Couldn't have done this without you!..." 

(out of decency, I decided to just post a link...but you better be 18 ~and~ have Mommy & Daddy's permission, before looking - or I'm tellin' on ya!)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 12:57am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedI have a few real problems with this ad...
1.) WHO wants to "get regular" as they are walking through a city park?
2.) If you DID just happen to "get regular", where - oh, where, would you do it? Are you a 'Charmin Bear', or do you have TP stuck to your shoe, following you as you walk?
3.) The guy is CLEARLY an idiot - yes, talking with his mouth full...maybe that was better than what came NEXT...

"...Gee...THANK YOU, JL & Activia! Couldn't have done this without you!..." 

[sharty picture deleted]

DeadCryShockedUnhappyConfusedLOLEmbarrassed Oh Pa, we need a warning before seeing 'crap' like that...I was eating while reading this thread! (just kidding about the warning, of course.  The thread title alludes to the subject matter haha.)  Wow, imagine the embarrassment of having that happen to you. Shocked

These Activia advertisements act like bowel/intestinal irregularity is a problem that every human has every day.  I never have had an issue that would require me to go on some yogurt regimen to get my poop in order.  Is it really such a widespread problem?  Jamie Lee Curtis acts like she is the spokesperson for poo issues for all America.  It is strange.
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I HATE THIS PARTICULAR ONE! That asshat has to say "Thus us really gud"  with a MOUTHFUL of yogurt.

Didn't anyone ever tell that stupid oaf:  CHEW.... SWALLOW.... SPEAK.

OH HELL TO THE NOOOOOOO!!!!AngryAngryAngry
I JUST saw this for the first time today...where did they find that nasty horrific slob???????? Jamie Lee said something like it is "beyond TASTY"..ok I tend to nit pick...I HATE the words TASTY and YUMMY..unless you are talking to a two year old..anyway back to the commercial...the way he is eating that nasty  disgusting yogurt and talking like he has a mouth full of ice creamy luciousness (if that is a word)   just makes me want to throw my tv out the window...no I paid too much for it...throw my cat out the window.....no I like the cat...throw SOMETHING OUT THE WINDOW!! I THINK THIS ONE IS THE WORST ONE FOR THE YEAR FOR ME!!Angry
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 9:42am
Men aren't allowed to enjoy yogurt
Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 12:31am
The cup is too small for a man to enjoy his yogurt. I had a strawberry banana yoplat or something and just as it was getting good, it was all over Cry  I have to eat 10 of those yogurts to be happy.  
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 2:37am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

....or quiche.  LOL

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 2:07pm

It's not necessary to talk with a mouthful of yogurt.  You swallow it before you say it's delicious.  It's not like you have to chew it.  It's not a mouthful of gummy bears!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 2:53pm
And then one day the truth comes out.....

"This program has been sponsored by Activia Yogurt which is manufactured by the Dannon Corporation .... a wholly owned subsidiary of the Kimberly-Clark Corporation, makers of Depends Adult Diapers."

How utterly diabolical!!!!! Shocked
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 3:41pm
Please do not get me started on these ads.  I have already called the company and voice my opinion on their disgusting barbaric ads.

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

"This program has been sponsored by Activia Yogurt which is manufactured by the Dannon Corporation .... a wholly owned subsidiary of the Kimberly-Clark Corporation, makers of Depends Adult Diapers."

Came up with this:

It is a screen dump from a Commodore CBM 8032 computer. ShockedOuchShocked

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 5:01pm

Ah ha!  A conspiracy to sell more Depends!  LOL  What is sad is that I'm not really that surprised the two are related.
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
buickgnx88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buickgnx88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 11:13pm
What I mentioned in the other thread is what I especially love is the fact that they are promoting Activia's "great new taste".

Does that mean that the original Activia had a bad taste?

Oh wait...

jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 6:04am
So I guess Jamie Lee Curtis's career has gone down the toilet????? Sorry I couldn't resistLOL
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 11:20am
Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

Ah ha!  A conspiracy to sell more Depends!  LOL  What is sad is that I'm not really that surprised the two are related.

Wait, could that mean Chinese buffets are also in on this plot? I mean, considering how fast the food goes through you...(no wonder it takes less than an hour to be hungry again!)

Quick, someone call the Justice League and have them get the Question on this! LOL
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 8:21pm
The more I see these commercials the more I cannot understand why Jamie Lee is doing ads that are so icky & dumb.  She doesn't really need the money; she has money, her husband, Christopher Guest has money, her mother has money, and she will probably get a bunch when Tony (Curtis) kicks the bucket.  I know celebrities seem to never have enough money but why doesn't she do something more tasteful, more dignified, i.e. cars, jewelry, even stores or electronics, etc.  They must be paying her very, very well...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 9:10pm
One might consider other options:

1.) JLC actually has a vested interest in 'Activia'; considering her wealth, it makes lots of sense to do have exactly that.

2.) JCL 'believes' in the product.

3.) BOTH of the above, in which case I suggest you recall John Harvey Kellogg; in other words, if there is an 'Activia Health Farm', maybe it should be avoided...

"HOW would you prefer your ACTIVIA, today?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
barbie_girl View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbie_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 3:04pm
I haven't been here for a long time and just knew that the slurping activia man would be snarked here, haha!!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 4:42pm
Welcome back, barbie_girl!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

barbie_girl View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbie_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 7:24pm
aww, thank you Madawee :)
Shirley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 5:46pm
I hate this commercial.  The man talking with his mouth full is disgusting.
just me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote just me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 4:32am
One of the most disgusting commercials I've seen in a while.  I practically threw up a little bit in my mouth the first time it came on.  EWWWW!!
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Because if they do want it, their wives will say "Babe, what are you doing?", causing them to slink away from the fridge with their tail between their legs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic