Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Internet Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ads before Any video&U tube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ads before Any video&U tube
    Posted: 08 May 2010 at 9:44pm
How about the new way u tube pops ad ad when you watch a video....pisses me off
even worse is the ads before EVERY damn online video you try to watch these days.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 10:58pm
Yeah, that's a drag...but at least the ones with the ads tend to be of better quality.

But what I hate is having to wade through the idiotic "parodies" to find what I want. 

Youtube, don't let teenagers post videos!  They always suck!!

LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by kicket kicket wrote:

How about the new way u tube pops ad ad when you watch a video....pisses me off
even worse is the ads before EVERY damn online video you try to watch these days.

I know, me too! So stupid!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 3:42am
Yes, this pisses me off too. The Internet was a nice place to watch videos, until some jerk came up with the "integrated ad" technology.

How long before Internet videos are just as bad as mainstream TV (if not worse, considering sites typically use the same ad for the longest time, as opposed to the variety on regular TV)?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 10:22pm
Ugh I agree, down with the ads!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 11:40pm
I just mute them and look away.  Take that, stupid internet ads.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

zgrillo2004 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zgrillo2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 4:04am
or get adblock plus. I havent had those in my computer since installing it
alex9152 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex9152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 2:39pm
What I really hate are the radio-style audio ads that play after some videos. I especially hate the deep punchy voices they always use.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 7:32pm
When I watch full episodes on Hulu or the network site, this frustrates me, even when I tell myself that it's only one 30 second commercial. If I were watching it on TV I'd have to sit through another five or six of 'em.

I just like the instant gratification of it all, and not having to worry about any commercial.
The poster formerly known as producer757
PESFIFAFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PESFIFAFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:53pm
I have AdBlock for Chrome and i don't see any prevideo-ads!
I Love The Amazing World of Gumball! I Hate Adventure Time and Courage the Cowardly dog! Probelms, Officer?
Lucky Joestar View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky Joestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 6:34pm
I love AdBlock plus, but there are some flash ads it can’t get rid of, so I also installed the Stop Autoplay plugin, which just leaves a blank screen with a play button where it would otherwise play the ad. That’s the nice thing about computers. You can sabotage any and every attempt for advertisers to seize control.
A thief steals your car. A pirate builds one just like it and leaves yours in your garage.
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:05pm
It wouldn't be so bad if some the ads weren't so obnoxious:

Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah, that's a drag...but at least the ones with the ads tend to be of better quality.

But what I hate is having to wade through the idiotic "parodies" to find what I want. 

Youtube, don't let teenagers post videos!  They always suck!!

Agreed with the parodies. Also, how about trying to find a certain song and finding only a million badly done covers by some random guy with a guitar?
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 7:34pm
I was watching something full screen on YouTube which didn't have an ad before it played.

I wanted to check something else out while it was playing, so I came out of full screen to the regular window, then in the middle of the video I was watching an ad played. 

Then it resumed the video where I left off.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 8:01pm
Luckily, when we post videos here, the ads go away.

I just hope the day doesn't come when I find the commercial I want to post here, but have to watch another ad before it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic