Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CNN drops the ball in breaking news

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CNN drops the ball in breaking news
    Posted: 29 May 2008 at 12:46am
The situation? two trains crash into each other head on around Boston, here is exactly how it went down on CNN...

coming in from a commercial break Wolf Blitzer comes in and says "We have breaking news that two trains has crashed into each other outside of Boston, more info after this" so what do they do? GO BACK TO MORE COMMERCIALS!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! That's not the worst of it!

After they finally get back from the seemingly endless commercial break, They immediately go to the unnecessary Moost Unusual crap about Ellen having a stupid wedding at the Bushes Ranch ARRGH they could dropped this unnecessary crap for THE MORE IMPORTANT STORY of  the freaking train crash that just happened!!!!!!!! I WAS SEETHING MAD that they were pulling this crap AND getting away with it. FINALLY after that sh*t was over they got to the story of the train crash, LUCKILY no one was killed in the train crash, only injuries (so far) but can you imagine the complaints CNN would get if someone actually died in that accident?

Unbelievable this has just proven to me that the news companies think their advertisers are more important than their viewers, or anyone who is related to anyone that was in that horrible event that happened. AngryCry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 12:50am
One of the train drivers remains trapped, they're working to get her out, dreadful accident!Cry
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 2:26am
I can't stand when news programs pull this tactic!  It happens all the time with stories that are not nearly as important.  They will announce a story I'm interested in hearing, then say "just ahead", or "after the commercial break". etc...then when the news returns....NOTHING!  You sit there waiting while everything else is on except what they said would report.  I have seen this on FOX, CNN, and the worst offender of all is FOX5 News in Atlanta....sometimes up to an hour with them, just to keep you watching.  I hate this and most of the time just end up googling the story and reading it off the internet.  They must think we're idiots!  I guess I should have listed this in the pet peeves/off topic section, because this is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 3:20am
here here!!!!!!Clap

well said.

Can you imagine them pulling this sh*t on a big event much like 9/11 or Katrina,or event a big Earthquake like in China? hoooo boy, many people would be pisssed!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 5:09am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

here here!!!!!!Clap

well said.

Can you imagine them pulling this sh*t on a big event much like 9/11 or Katrina,or event a big Earthquake like in China? hoooo boy, many people would be pisssed!!!!

Right, and No I can't, because they have to be first  and all over to report it like vultures...."You heard it first Here on....bla bla bla news".

"Dirty Laundry"

EDIT:
  I've been watching news programs all night as I usually do and I had heard nothing about this until this thread.  I read the the story on the internet and unfortunately the Boston train operator was killed.  I did hear earlier today on the news about the Chicago train wreck, but I don't think there were any fatalities.  I have been on both the "T" and the "L".  Both great interesting cities.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 10:18pm
If there had been a (literal) trainload of dead bodies, then certainly CNN would have been wall-to-wall on the story, even using everybody's favorite piece of TV news bad grammar...'We are efforting...(to find out how many people died, so we can scoop Fox and MSNBC)'Thumbs%20Down
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

After they finally get back from the seemingly endless commercial break, They immediately go to the unnecessary Moost Unusual crap about Ellen having a stupid wedding at the Bushes Ranch ARRGH they could dropped this unnecessary crap for THE MORE IMPORTANT STORY of  the freaking train crash that just happened!!!!!!!!

But the ellen wedding is going to be the wedding of the century, even bigger than a British royal wedding. That's why they cannot interrupt that segmentUnhappy
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 12:58am
It took about 6 hours to get the woman out, during which the reporters hung around telling us that the helicopter and various ambulances were standing by, and then would update us on whether the helicopter looked like it was getting ready to move, which would indicate that the woman had been removed from the wreckage.  Eventually the helicopter did leave, empty, and the reporters could only blabber that they didn't know what was going on.

No one else was killed in this accident.

The crashed trains themselves provided dramatic pictures, and it happened in a pretty affluent area.  Perhaps that's why all the coverage without much to say.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic