Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

J.G. Wentworth "Bus Opera" (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J.G. Wentworth "Bus Opera" (video)
    Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 8:05pm

J.G. Wentworth - old on ideas, new commercial - as irritating as ever (my stomach is cramping).

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

buickgnx88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buickgnx88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 8:19pm
Haha I love this commercial, simply for the fact that I can hear the regular opera version in my head while watching this, and I don't even know what the song in this commercial sounds like!
Ecsa0014 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecsa0014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:05am
Won't these commercials ever die. I honestly have to wonder how desperate these people must be for money/5 secs on the TV to degrade themselves like this and be in the most annoying ads on TV. What gets me is some of these people actually seem to be proud to be in these commercials (gray headed guy w/beard in the first one and Guy in middle of the bus in this one).
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 4:13am
You know, the original opera commercial was actually...well, I didn't mind seeing it because it was so ridiculous. But, this one is aggravating because they just took the song and had people do it on a bus. They didn't even re-record it. It's lazy as hell and I hate the guy who got paid to come up with it.
mttyflynn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttyflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 9:33am
OMG this commercial is as entertaining as it is ridiculous. Thnks for posting it I have probably seen it but it is so Banal that I simply forgot it.
We've stopped Chris Berman's douche-y whoop, we've stopped the Velvetta "LIQUID GOOOOOOOOLD" a$$hole, now we have to stop the Beady-eyed nasal voiced Paxson chic!
rocketman70092 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman70092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 6:33pm
Where's Dennis Hopper and his bus bombs when you need him?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by rocketman70092 rocketman70092 wrote:

Where's Dennis Hopper and his bus bombs when you need him?
LOL
Maybe the Opera should be held on this bus...

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
blondieatheart00 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondieatheart00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 12:49am
i hate admitting this but, i feel it's fate that this popped up on a rant...

i went out a night or two ago and after a few drinks, i totally sang this song in opera voice and all...the good thing is, rather than being ridiculed, people joined in.

i should be the next commercial!
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 4:46am
I enjoy this commercial. I don't see why anyone would hate it
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 7:38am
I wish ill upon J.G. Wentworth for approving these goddamned adds.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Coastwizard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 12:45am
One of my own rants has been all the commercials that are so cheap and unoriginal that they steal pop and rock songs from the past that have nothing to do with their products to be their theme songs on their commercials. At least companies like Stanley Steemer and J. G. Wentworth come up with their own. This one is catchy, which is what a commercial jingle needs to be in order for folks to remember it. What I don't like is that it made sense as an opera...it was tongue in cheek...but on a bus?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 8:11pm
ConfusedMaybe it is just me...
One evening while the BratWolf was visiting, the 'Bus Opera' came on.
He burst into song, singing along, right in tune - he knew every word...I had to tell him to never do that again should he like to live a long life; all the same, I was pretty impressed at the same time.
I think it was that same time I noticed something else odd about the commercial...almost everyone in it appears to be wearing differing shades of the same blue eye shadow...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I think it was that same time I noticed something else odd about the commercial...almost everyone in it appears to be wearing differing shades of the same blue eye shadow...

Looks like they went a little overboard with the Viking.  He looks kind of like Miss Viking.

Carrigon View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carrigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 10:50pm
This commercial hurts my ears.  Awful singing.  And I don't trust this company anyway.  They probably have huge hidden fees and end up with most of your settlement.
Malcolm Reynolds View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm Reynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Carrigon Carrigon wrote:

This commercial hurts my ears.  Awful singing.  And I don't trust this company anyway.  They probably have huge hidden fees and end up with most of your settlement.

It's a loan like anything else, except you don't make the payments, your insurance company/debtor/whatever does.  Basically you sign over your settlement payments and they give you a lump sum which is significantly less than what you would've gotten had you just waited it out.  But again, the commercials say it all; they're looking for people who just want money now without any kind of forethought.
"If you make your software idiot proof, nature will make a better idiot."
-Me
Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 7:23pm
Funny commercial, used to play too often. Now its once or twice a week which isnt too bad.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 3:37pm
This commercial is VERY dumb!Unhappy
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Looks like they went a little overboard with the Viking.  He looks kind of like Miss Viking.

I can see the encounter with Thor now...
Angry"...that would be 'MS. VIKING', to YOU..."  <finger.poke.in.chest>
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 7:20pm
ARGH!!!!

stick a sock in it shut the f**k up bus opera so lame so very lame.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Williams View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:16pm
While they r singing.....Grab Ak47...Get Black SUV With Blacked out windows....Pop up...Kill Opera SingersLOL
you've reached an imaginary number,please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic