Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allison Janney for Kaiser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allison Janney for Kaiser
    Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

I know it is considered gauche to reply to your own posting, but I just noticed something interesting in this "Repeat Offenders" forum: as I type this, there have been 54 folks that read my posting about the annoying radio voice of Kaiser Permanente, but no responses.

Then I looked at the other postings, and saw the same sort of thing. Nearly all of the postings in this sub-forum get read a lot, but seldom remarked upon. One of them has over a thousand hits, but very few responses. I guess Repeat Offenders has become more of a place to show "tally marks" than anything else. 

I think that a lot of the views at CIH are from people who aren't logged in or even registered (aka "guests").

Sponsored Links

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:28am
I love Allison Janney, so I never minded the ads when I lived in San Francisco. But then, I haven't had to hear them in a few years.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 3:04pm

I mainly recognize her from an episode of Two and a Half Men.  Alan has a blind date with a very tall woman.  It doesn't end well.

SueD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SueD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 10:54pm
I hate those smug voice overs that Allison Janney makes for Kaiser, too. I have been known to jump out of the bathtub just to turn off the radio! And I hate Kaiser, which makes them more annoying. The good news, at least here in San Francisco, is that they have been airing commercials for Kaiser with a different voice which does NOT annoy me -- Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors. He has a good commercial voice and is not smug.
FootballFreak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 4:06pm
oh yes. the annoying Kaiser lady. Whenever I start hearing her talk, I know automatically that it's going to be a kaiser commercial
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 2:12am
I haven't heard of these ad campaigns but they do sound annoying.

Sadly I can't say much about this ad since I haven't heard it. Oh Well.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 1:17am
I know it is considered gauche to reply to your own posting, but I just noticed something interesting in this "Repeat Offenders" forum: as I type this, there have been 54 folks that read my posting about the annoying radio voice of Kaiser Permanente, but no responses.

Then I looked at the other postings, and saw the same sort of thing. Nearly all of the postings in this sub-forum get read a lot, but seldom remarked upon. One of them has over a thousand hits, but very few responses. I guess Repeat Offenders has become more of a place to show "tally marks" than anything else. 
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 11:06pm
I finally found the name of this twit. She is the one that does the ad voiceovers for the incredibly annoying Kaiser Permanente "thrive" radio ad campaign that has been driving people nuts for at least the last five years.

She also did some not quite as annoying, but still very annoying, spots for the American Institute of Architects. I guess they had less money, as I only remember the single annoying run of those spots, and they haven't returned.

Seems she was on the cast of West Wing, which is why it took so long for me to dig her out, as I have never had any slightest interest in that propaganda show, so I'd only heard her on the radio spots.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic