Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2010 Superbowl Commercial Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDockers - I Wear No Pants

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dockers - I Wear No Pants
    Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 2:44am
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 2:55am
DUMB. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:03am
That is a stupid commercial.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:16am
WTF?
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:29am
It was dumb.  MrHill said "Yeah, I really want to see this"  in his fun sarcastic tone.

big_E View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:40am
The ad was dumb and the dotcom job search ad that came before it also had people not wearing any pants which was sort of confusing and made this ad even stupider.
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:28am
Dockers has been doing stupid ads all last year, including one that broke my iPod Touch last year, due to really poor software programmers trying to be cool and first with a new category of ad that responds to the user shaking the iPod to make the dweeb dance. It has been a long time since I last bought a pair of Dockers. I don't anticipate buying any in the future either.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:46am
That's the stupidest phucking ad for pants I've seen since those Levis turd burglars ran that ad some number of years ago (Superbowl #36) with some buttsnoipe wearing this filthy, yellowed wife beater, and his legs & pelvis were making some very unnatural, contorted, and downright painful-looking movements as the guy walked down the street. DeadAngryDead 

That atrocity was a Supertoiletbowl ad too. OuchCryOuch

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 8:53am
They showed back-to-back commercials about fat balding men walking around in their underwear. That's entertainment 2010 for ya, folks. Thumbs%20Down
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:44pm
I used to get aggravated by those "male bonding" late ' 80s-early ' 90s Dockers commercials (the ones where you hear the conversations, but only see the actors from the waist down). After about the third one, I thought, "They're really trying to milk this thing, and it's already pretty tired as far as I'm concerned."
 You can't imagine how ashamed I am now! Please come back, arty male bonding Dockers ads!!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:45pm
"I wear no pants!"

I lost my lunch.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Grant Grant wrote:

I used to get aggravated by those "male bonding" late ' 80s-early ' 90s Dockers commercials (the ones where you hear the conversations, but only see the actors from the waist down). After about the third one, I thought, "They're really trying to milk this thing, and it's already pretty tired as far as I'm concerned."
 You can't imagine how ashamed I am now! Please come back, arty male bonding Dockers ads!!

Dockers are bland and generic.  Their purpose is to not even be noticed.  That's their nature.  Plus, you can just go into the store and buy a pair, without giving it a second thought.  To think that any guys are going to "bond" over them is ridiculous. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 4:40am

WHY is this commercial making such a 'comeback'?!

It is being splashed across the screen very heavily, the last few days...we must be in 'sad times'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
AquilaLorelei View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AquilaLorelei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 3:30am
Now, see this one amuses me.  (It's like the Nicorette "Shark" ad that's so polarizing.  One person loves it, the rest hate it.)
This ad makes me think of some kind of social experiment, like a "zombie shamble" or what-have-you.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 5:51pm
ConfusedI'm sorry - I just cannot handle THAT commercial after having seen THIS one (a 'classic', in my books):

...those boys running around in their 'dingies'!Dead
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedI'm sorry - I just cannot handle THAT commercial after having seen THIS one (a 'classic', in my books):

...those boys running around in their 'dingies'!Dead

LOLLOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 9:53pm
no video
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 12:55am
Originally posted by MrButler MrButler wrote:

no video
ConfusedI used that 'searchy thingy' on YouTube...
They moved it...here it is...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic