Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NBC's "Most Outrageous Moments"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NBC's "Most Outrageous Moments"
    Posted: 21 May 2008 at 1:16am
Just about every clip on that show has to do with flatuence, peeing, barfing, balls or other disgusting bodily deeds (or jokes about them). Not so funny when it's done in an overload!   
Sponsored Links

8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 1:21am
A really dull version of America's Funniest Home Videos on ABC.  Now you know why the former NBC Blue Network wanted to be as independent of GE as humanly possible...

(Historians--take note.  Due to antitrust concerns, NBC long ago spun off the Blue Network, which became ABC, in the 1940s.)
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 1:25am
That's why I quit watching America's Funniest Home Videos after the 137th hit in the groin (Bob Saget's sense of humor didn't help either).
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:34pm
wait, what happened to the tv bloopers they used to air?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:18pm
I never found bloopers to be funny.  "Oh!!  We screwed up our lines!!  Let's all laugh.  Isn't it funny??"  No, not particularly.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:42pm
Simple things entertain simple folks.

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by 8 Track Single 8 Track Single wrote:

A really dull version of America's Funniest Home Videos on ABC.  Now you know why the former NBC Blue Network wanted to be as independent of GE as humanly possible...

(Historians--take note.  Due to antitrust concerns, NBC long ago spun off the Blue Network, which became ABC, in the 1940s.)
As for the GE relationship...many moons ago, GE owned a radio station in Syracuse, NY, that was affiliated with the Blue Network(while Westinghouse owned the affiliate in Pittsburgh). The other stations were owned by RCA. GE  and Westinghouse did have controlling interest in the Blue Network, until the 'antitrust concerns' led to those companies spinning off their interest in 1932. RCA unloaded the rest of the Blue Network in 1943.
As for the 'NBC chimes' being the musical notes G-E-C, it really was only a coincidence until GE bought the network in the '80s.(I've seen erroneous statements that GE owned NBC all along, and picked that musical cue to match the letters for 'General Electric Corporation'.)
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Skibibbles Skibibbles wrote:

That's why I quit watching America's Funniest Home Videos after the 137th hit in the groin (Bob Saget's sense of humor didn't help either).

I never cared for Saget myself. As for the show, some of it looked staged so they'd win the whatever amount prize.
Dumb dad stepping on a rake. Pet dog knocking over little child....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:08am
Yeah.  I used to wonder why the hell someone would be videotaping nothing in particular when, suddenly the baseball would land in the birthday cake.  Lame.

The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 12:48am
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

Just about every clip on that show has to do with flatuence, peeing, barfing, balls or other disgusting bodily deeds (or jokes about them). Not so funny when it's done in an overload!   

...don't forget grampa's britches falling down or granny's skirt getting yanked off. Gross Dead
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Skibibbles Skibibbles wrote:

That and the only videos that ever won were hideous babies sneezing fudgecicles or some stupid crap. Then they decided one show of suck wasn't bad enough they decided to show us Dave Coulier hosting a show full of yokels doing sh*tty Jack Nickleson impersonations in The Mall of America.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 4:31am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

That and the only videos that ever won were hideous babies sneezing fudgecicles or some stupid crap. Then they decided one show of suck wasn't bad enough they decided to show us Dave Coulier hosting a show full of yokels doing sh*tty Jack Nickleson impersonations in The Mall of America.

MAN! I thought I drank or smoked those memories out of existence.
thewalkindude View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewalkindude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 10:18pm
I liked the old "Outrageous Game Show Moments" shows that they used to air. However, this show is the very definition of summer replacement. It doesn't matter how well in the ratings it does, because it costs next to nothing to produce. That's how AFV is still on the air.
big_E View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 1:20am
NBC just aired the show again.  IT'S THE EXACT EPISODETHEY SHOWED LAST WEEK!.  Is NBC that desperate!?!   Its like they aren't even trying.   If they are completely out of programs  and obviously don't care about ratings, just air a test pattern instead.  Is the exact same rerun going to reappear again next week?  No wonder their ratings suck!
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 2:15am
Most of these type of blooper shows recycle the same old material every couple of years. No different than the cop chase shows.
BonosGal View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonosGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 8:55pm
Is this the show that was on last week where some kid on a talk show was sick and he puked in a garbage can? (They even showed the puke. Not just the sound, but the lovey sight of it too Dead ).  It came on right when my parents and I were eating. We were done eating after seeing that. I am far from being a prude and I am all for "If you don't like it change the channel" but they should be ashamed for showing this sh*t on TV. I would have gladly changed the channel or even looked away if I could have.
I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next person who says Shenanigans!!!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 12:19am
I, too, stopped watching America's Funniest Videos because of two things:  One, this little girl won the prize.  What was her great moment?  Punching Daddy in the crotch.  I decided against rewarding bad behavior.

The second was worse (and I'm sorry if I've already told this story before).  One day, I was at the San Francisco Zoo with my son.  We were outside, where the chimp and the orangutan were housed (not together, but next to each other).  There was a (dry) moat between the apes and the humans, as well as a fence, so the apes couldn't get to the people (and vice-versa). 

Anyway, this bitch of a woman was teasing the chimp.  He was not amused; however, her boyfriend was, and he was videotaping the whole thing.  The chimp was getting mad, and she thought it was the funniest thing!  So, of course, she escalated her antics.  He got--literally--hopping mad going one foot to the other, and raising his fist.  She imitated him.  I was expecting him to pick up his crap and fling it, as I had seen him do years before.  I wanted to tell her to knock it off, but you never know with people how they are going to react.  My son and I were really upset by this, so we left to see if there were any zoo employees nearby (there weren't.)

Anyway, don't you know this very videotape shows up on AFV?  I wrote them, very upset,  told them the circumstances, and asked them never to play it again.  Since it hadn't been in the running for the prize, that was all I could do.  I sincerely hope they never ran it again.

dontlikevomit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontlikevomit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 4:49am
I was shocked when I saw a HUGE amount of RED PUKE spewing out of a man's mouth. Right during dinner. What a sick, sick show AND THERE WAS NO WARNING. I'm going to be sick for a week. I was going to call nbc and BITCH but all I found was email contact. What COWARDS! SCREW YOU NBC!!!! I HOPE YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS VERY VERY SOON! The Internet will replace you soon.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 5:01am
Originally posted by dontlikevomit dontlikevomit wrote:

I was shocked when I saw a HUGE amount of RED PUKE spewing out of a man's mouth. Right during dinner. What a sick, sick show AND THERE WAS NO WARNING. I'm going to be sick for a week. I was going to call nbc and BITCH but all I found was email contact. What COWARDS! SCREW YOU NBC!!!! I HOPE YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS VERY VERY SOON! The Internet will replace you soon.

So write them an email and bitch them out that way.  The only way they'll change anything is if they receive a large amount of complaints.

And welcome to CIH!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 5:02am
I was just watching some of this crappy show (my TV in the kitchen is not hooked up to my DirecTV, so I only get the real basics).  It seems this entire hour is devoted to people falling and getting hurt.  Then they do an instant replay on each one.

Was that ever funny?
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 2:10am
I agree, but I sometimes watch AFV because it's a bit of a guilty pleasure.

But I was livid, livid, when the four babies laughing won the funniest clip of all time. Cute? Maybe a LITTLE. Funny? Absolutely not. Abso-facking-lutely not. And i don't need to hear their white trash mom say "Daddy's a reg'luhr stand up cummeedyun!" EVERY facking time they show this clip......Gah.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 7:51am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I, too, stopped watching America's Funniest Videos because of two things:  One, this little girl won the prize.  What was her great moment?  Punching Daddy in the crotch.  I decided against rewarding bad behavior.

I stopped watching in the Bob Saget era because of a little girl too. Her video won the 10,000 dollar price to boot. What was so special? Well, mommy is holding the camera, taping her small daughter, who is standing on a chair picking at a tray of brownies with her 2 fingers, sticking the fingers in her mouth full of brownie, then putting the slobbery fingers back in the brownies to continue picking at them. Mommy chimes in with a giggle, "who ate mommies brownies?!" The little girl continues to eat, telling her that "a bird ate em". This lie goes on for the duration of the video, all the while the girl is bold face lying to her mom while continuing to eat the brownies. WTF, this video condones LYING, I don't care if its a kid, and two, its gross. It was both gross and annoying to watch, and I hope they laughed all the way to the bank, idiots.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 9:36pm
The only decent thing on any of those shows was the sleeping cat falling off of the tv.

Everything else is lame, and as for the latest show on NBC, yeah they not only instant replay it, the slo mo it over and over again, and sometimes before an ad break they do a "coming up!" and show a gaff, and then when the ad comes on, they show the same thing.

I am thinking, so I am watching this again?
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 10:57pm
I noticed that the "cute" kids always won out over the funny.  Kids aren't that cute.  Sorry, I know your kids are cute (your being anyone who is offended) but I am over them.  I did see one of the news clips that was pretty funny.  They were showing two bulls that got loose on the interstate after and accident.  The reporter was saying "two cows have gotten loose.  There is Black right now, or it could be Gus"  the other guy says "could it be that the two bulls were black angus"  What a maroonClap
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I stopped watching in the Bob Saget era because of a little girl too. Her video won the 10,000 dollar price to boot. What was so special? Well, mommy is holding the camera, taping her small daughter, who is standing on a chair picking at a tray of brownies with her 2 fingers, sticking the fingers in her mouth full of brownie, then putting the slobbery fingers back in the brownies to continue picking at them. Mommy chimes in with a giggle, "who ate mommies brownies?!" The little girl continues to eat, telling her that "a bird ate em". This lie goes on for the duration of the video, all the while the girl is bold face lying to her mom while continuing to eat the brownies. WTF, this video condones LYING, I don't care if its a kid, and two, its gross. It was both gross and annoying to watch, and I hope they laughed all the way to the bank, idiots.

Boy, I'm sorry I missed that one. Sounds like a real side-splitter.Sleepy Watching paint dry sounds more entertaining. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic