Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horse Laxatives. Whut?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horse Laxatives. Whut?
    Posted: 20 May 2008 at 5:48pm
OK, I wasn't really paying attention to the TV, but I think this commercial was for Carfax. I know it had something or other to do with cars. a woman and her overweight husband are sitting at a desk across from some agent. The wife says something about how she's glad the process went quickly, otherwise she was going to have the agent eat some brownies laced with horse laxatives. She then produces the tray of brownies. ALAS!! There is one missing!! She looks over to her portly and dumb-looking spouse who is looking mildly alarmed. We then are treated to a symphony of "gastric disturbance" gurgling noises. Hubby scampers off to find a bathroom. Dead

Lesson 1: The man you marry will inevitably develop compulsive eating issues. He will be unable to resist any baked goods you may have. He will not ask before eating.

Lesson 2: You can get what you want in life by way of old and tired college pranks.

Lesson 3: It is not necessary to warn your significant other about tainted baked goods. Also, man will not question the fact that you are strangely carrying a tray of brownies with you, he will just eat them.

This commercial is low and gross on so many levels. I'm sorry if it's been complained about before. I did a forum search and came up with nothing.

Oh, and horse laxatives would be either ineffective on humans or dangerous to humans.
Sponsored Links

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 6:10pm
"horse"... why, why, why does tagging horse or something like it on to something make it all the more amazing? I mean I get it, horse laxatives OBVIOUSLY will make you poop more than human laxatives. But the whole "large animal" descriptor is really old.

Now on to the classic reasoning why this ad sucks.
Once again, dumbass overeating husband got caught and has to pay. Annoying. Plus, horse level diarrhea simply can't lure me in to using a service.

Bad choices on their part.
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:53pm
Carfax: Demand your way or threaten people physical violence!
tucuxi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 4:18am
I just saw it again. They really picked the most dumpy guy they could find to play "husband". 
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 3:41pm
Next they'll have a commercial mentioning WHALE laxatives. Cry

tucuxi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 3:59pm
Orca-Lax: For Your Other Blowhole
From Roche Pharmaceuticals

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 4:49pm
"From the makers of Dino-Lax. 'Jurassic'? Dino-Lax will cure it!LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 7:38pm
They are cars.com commercials. I haven't seen the "brownies" one, though.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 8:50pm
Lesson 4: It's alright to threaten car salesmen if they don't give you a good deal. Feeding them horse lax brownies or threatening to shrink their heads is perfectly fine.

I'm sorry, did I miss the memo for when that became appropriate? At my job I have the ability to change prices, and some customers take advantage of that by demanding I change the price to better suit their wants, or accept an expired coupon. I have no sympathy for the horse lax wife and hubby, grow the f*ck up.

Also, how the heck did she get horse lax and what sort of affect would that have on a human? I can only wonder...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic