Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subway $5 Footlong: Continued

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subway $5 Footlong: Continued
    Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 8:00pm
Oh my gawd this commercial sung in Spanish sounds even dorkier....(source, Hispanic radio station)
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
Sponsored Links

QuestForComedy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuestForComedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 6:17pm

Five dollars is too expensive! you can get a better deal at Publix. Wait, weren't foot longs four dollars last year? and is a medium mountain do an extra $1.25?

ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by JS JS wrote:

It's even worse now.

Now they have some clueless guy walking into a subway saying "I don't know what I want." Dude, you're in Subway! I don't know you, but I can tell you what you want, and I bet it's a sub! Next thing you know, a flashmob of 20 kids come in and do a coordinated dance to the 5 dollar foot long jingle. This doesn't happen. Ever.

The out of key people I could tolerate. The High School musicalesque production? Make it stop.

I hate the dancing, too! Maybe if they all ran in, mobbed him, and started singing the $5 footlong jingle it would make more sense. But the coordinated dance is a bit much. It's not even good dancing.
JS View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 3:34pm
It's even worse now.

Now they have some clueless guy walking into a subway saying "I don't know what I want." Dude, you're in Subway! I don't know you, but I can tell you what you want, and I bet it's a sub! Next thing you know, a flashmob of 20 kids come in and do a coordinated dance to the 5 dollar foot long jingle. This doesn't happen. Ever.

The out of key people I could tolerate. The High School musicalesque production? Make it stop.
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 4:34pm
Couldn't agree more with the person saying Subway's subs are crappy - I will never go back after I found a SHORT BLACK CURLY HAIR BAKED INTO MY BREAD.  Yeah, you read that right.  I almost vomited.  This jingle needs to go IMMEDIATELY when that song gets stuck in my head it makes me want to punch someone. 

And agreed, there's no way the people singing the song are laughing because they think it's funny.  It's pathetic. 
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 10:03pm
The commercials are annoying enough, but in reality, are these subs even worth $5? I don't even think they're worth $1. Subway has the crappiest sandwiches. The ingredients are cold and taste like they're prepackaged and frozen. The bread is always stale or mushy.

Overpriced garbage. Support Firehouse Subs. Not only are their subs extremely fresh and of high quality, but a portion of the money the company makes goes to fire emergency services, since the company was founded by firemen.
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 10:43pm
I hate these, no matter how they come up with it..it is lame..and that ding a ling song has got to go.....NOW!
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
rosynyc View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 1:48am
It's not even a song that's easy to sing -- there's no real tune, just repetition.  So the fact that they're milking the song and using it every which way possible shows that they're lacking ideas.  And having "regular" people sing it even though it's not a "singable" song shows how desperate they are!
pcgh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by BDrums1971 BDrums1971 wrote:

Originally posted by rwayne72160 rwayne72160 wrote:

It's the NFL football playoffs and they're still playing that crap where a bunch of so called "regular" people are trying to sing that stupid jingle about $5 footlong sandwiches and all they do is sing offkey and giggle a lot.  This is one of the most annoying commercials I've ever seen. 

Yep! Wink And why is it they have to giggle and laugh so much. The firefighters can't even get through two words without cracking up. What's so funny anyway? Stupid!!!

In the scenes with the two "office girls" - the tall one on the right is kind of attractive. So at least there's that one redeeming quality about these commercials.
That's a bleepin' dead alien body if I ever bleepin' saw one.
rwayne72160 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwayne72160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by miss valarie miss valarie wrote:

i work at subway...so i hate that commercial with every inch of my being...and there are still stupid ass people who like to come in and ask if its all the subs for 5 dolla or they have the audacity to sing it when they walk in...bastards they are...subway sucks, its over priced and over rated...

Next time some S.O.B. comes in your restaurant singing that stupid song you should throw a sandwich at him.....ha ha.
miss valarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss valarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 6:29am
i work at subway...so i hate that commercial with every inch of my being...and there are still stupid ass people who like to come in and ask if its all the subs for 5 dolla or they have the audacity to sing it when they walk in...bastards they are...subway sucks, its over priced and over rated...
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwayne72160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 5:48pm
I've never ate one of those Subway footlong sandwiches, but I'd be willing to try......if they didn't play that stupid annoying commercial on TV so much.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 5:16am
Those are the phoniest "real people" ever.   All that absurd laughing has to be staged.    It just has to.   Nobody can possibly be laughing at a stupid Subway jingle.   Unless they are laughing at how STUPID it is!!LOL
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 5:05am
Originally posted by rwayne72160 rwayne72160 wrote:

It's the NFL football playoffs and they're still playing that crap where a bunch of so called "regular" people are trying to sing that stupid jingle about $5 footlong sandwiches and all they do is sing offkey and giggle a lot.  This is one of the most annoying commercials I've ever seen. 

Yep! Wink And why is it they have to giggle and laugh so much. The firefighters can't even get through two words without cracking up. What's so funny anyway? Stupid!!!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwayne72160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 5:17am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 6:42pm
Truthfully...I *like* Subway. Their breakfast sammies are good, too; not tasteless, yet filling WITHOUT leaving me feeling lethargic...they can have a few of my dollars as I can actually perform up to my own professional standards (they ARE high) without being distracted by little things like 'hunger', or 'needing a siesta'...  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jack View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 6:36pm
They already raised the price of the $2.49 special, then got rid of it entirely. Subway's getting too expensive for what they sell.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 5:16pm
FLASH--A new Subway commercial has started airing.  Thankfully the new ad doesn't have the annoying jingle at all.  It's just a simple, straightforward approach to the five dollar subs that should have been airing all along. 
korydvandyke View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 2:04am
AHHHHHHHHH!

I can't stand this f'n commercial. It gets in my head when I wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, at work, on my lunch break, on the way home, watching tv, eating dinner, but not in my sleep yet thankfully.

And both of those rediculous Taco Bell commercials. "Gimme somethin' cheesy wit a bunch of beef" and "Only 79-89-99-ey-ey-ey!!"
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 12:52pm
In the new Subway ad campaign, the singers' annoying "FIVE DOLLAR FOOTLONG" jingle has been muted somewhat, but there are only eight footlongs that are priced at five dollars.  Only the Veggie Delight is even remotely healthy if you are wanting to watch your weight.  With food and gas prices continuing to rise, it'll be only a matter of time before Subway retires this campaign for good (hopefully by football season this year).  YAWN! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic