Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Voices that drive me crazy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Voices that drive me crazy
    Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 6:35pm
Alright, the woman's voice in the Truvia ad makes me want to destroy the rainforest or something. I don't eat artificial freaky crap, but I CANNOT STAND how smug, self satisfied and cutesy-wootsey-it's-a-perfect-world-now she sounds about discovering a sugar substitute made from stevia. Is that what they were going for? They secretly want people who are living more natural lifestyles to be viewed as gloating and annoying, don't they! It's all part of a conspiracy.

Truvia isn't even a very natural incarnation of stevia... the green powdered kind is much less processed and refined than those white crystals they're selling.

Anyway, I find that I always hate little cutesy-wootsey-perfect voices like that in ads. And I hate the way ads for something sweet have a voiceover trying to sound sweet! It's cloying.

I also hate the voice in the WalMart ads telling you how much money you could save at WalMart. How much money would it take for you to shut up??

Which commercial voices drive you crazy?
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:54pm
I can't stand that smarmy Walmart voice spewing garbage that you can spend less at Walmart either.  
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
hellotampon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellotampon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:00am
I hate the voice in the Pace salsa commercial. It's in a truck commercial too. It's so deep and gruff it almost sounds like he's talking through a trach.

We get it, your products are rugged and manly.
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 1:27pm
Ugh- yes!  The wal-mart voice is grating...   Sounds like she's saying "Wal-mert"
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 8:32pm
Truvia brings brings up the Sun Crystals ad for me... Why do you need cane sugar in stevia packets if stevia is supposed to be better for you than Cane Sugar?
blue View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 5:26pm
The voice in the Palm Pre ads.
isnapped View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 1:25am
Lord, that female (who actually sounds like a young girl) narrator for the Toys Us commercials. "Where kids are a big deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal!" Now that is distracting.
bgrl613 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgrl613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:32pm
Yeah, really.  That Toy's R Us one with the "Where kids are a big deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal." tag makes my skin crawl.  Good work genius tv ad execs, I change the channel whenever I see that one starting.  AAAAH!
Today's TV commercials are one of the reasons people love DVR so much...
milo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 9:43pm
I thought I was the only one who really hates that Toys R US commerical.  I hate the way she says Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel (deal).   I also hated that Quizno's commerical with the gay oven and gay.  That was just sick.  The Quiznos went out of business about the time that commerical was popular.  Gay men don't eat fast food doncha know? 
Captain Sarcastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Sarcastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:48pm
A couple more that come to mind: the semi-constipated-sounding woman in the Swiffer WetJet or mop commercials ... "You'll never go back to your old mop again".

Then there's the woman that comes out at the end of the Cisco Systems "Human Network" ads that sounds like a hippie with horrible pronunciation. Almost as if they pulled an actual Cisco employee (with no commercial experience) from her cubicle and demanded she record the voiceover because they needed somebody on the cheap.

They are both just really odd choices by the commercial producers, given that there are plenty of normal-sounding people out there that they could have used instead...

Sgt Saunders View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:37pm
Hardees. The little thickburger ads. A thickburger, only its little. Lizzle thickbizzle.
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 11:48pm
Maybe it was the other stevia based sweetener I was thinking of... well, whatever. Another one that is making me twitch is the one for McCormick spices and flavorings. It's another cutesy-poo-everything's-perfect voice droning on about "sift, giggle, crack...". First of all, do not give me instructions in that damned voice, commercial announcer. Second, your products aren't a very high quality. And third, shut the hell up!
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 1:26am
do all the bum-bum-bum-bum "employees" singing in the Intel ad count? 
Captain Pipcard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Pipcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 1:53am
BENDAROOS!
We have the power of imagination.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 2:08am
...any of those metallic ghosty voices that come across a vocoder late at night, unwarranted...especially when they want to watch another channel that what *I* have on.

Like THEY have some right to my T.V......!
 Electro-Harmonix%20Voice%20Box%20Harmony%20Machine%20and%20Vocoder
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 2:20am
Originally posted by bgrl613 bgrl613 wrote:

Yeah, really.  That Toy's R Us one with the "Where kids are a big deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal." tag makes my skin crawl.  Good work genius tv ad execs, I change the channel whenever I see that one starting.  AAAAH!

UGH I can't stand that one, She ruins all Toys R Us commercials which used to fun and whimsical now they're just loud and annoying.Angry

Can you imagine her hosting Deal or No Deal?

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL or NOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL?

Censored her.

Originally posted by HatyMcHater HatyMcHater wrote:

do all the bum-bum-bum-bum "employees" singing in the Intel ad count? 

YES! I AGREE!!!!

that bummmmmmmmmmmmm ba bum bum bummmmmmmmmm RUINS every Intel commercial! the non vocal version of the jingle was just fine but no they had to add vocals to "improve" it Censored them too. 

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 2:24am
Once again, my vote for the most irritating, skin-crawl-inducing voice is the guy who does most of the movie ads, and also for some ads for shows.  His voice always drops with that nasal thing at the end of the sentence.  His name is Ashton Smith.  I looked it up because I had to know who was making my skin crawl.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 5:35am
That doosh nozzle no good Censored in the American Cheese ad.
His voice is annoying! The way he says America makes me want to force him to eat Kraft cheese for hours.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Captain Sarcastic Captain Sarcastic wrote:

A couple more that come to mind: the semi-constipated-sounding woman in the Swiffer WetJet or mop commercials ... "You'll never go back to your old mop again".

Then there's the woman that comes out at the end of the Cisco Systems "Human Network" ads that sounds like a hippie with horrible pronunciation. Almost as if they pulled an actual Cisco employee (with no commercial experience) from her cubicle and demanded she record the voiceover because they needed somebody on the cheap.

They are both just really odd choices by the commercial producers, given that there are plenty of normal-sounding people out there that they could have used instead...

Are they EVER going to stop running these ads? That woman's fake-o don't-I-sound-cool-hipster voiceover drives me insane. I think the commercial producers made her do retakes until they achieved just this level of stoopid.
buickgnx88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buickgnx88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 3:56am
Going along with the Walmart ads, I hate the ones worse that feature the girl saying the lines. She sounds like one of the smug girls you see in every other commercial, only it gets amplified at the end when she's saying Walmart's tag line.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 4:27pm
A local ad for Peapod in which a wee little girl says, "Mom shop at Peeeeepod!" in an annoying munchkin voice!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 4:54pm

"Can you imagine her hosting Deal or No Deal?

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL or NOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL?"

Censored her. LOLLOLLOLLOL

[/QUOTE]
kicket View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 5:00pm
That damn country crock(butter) laugh/voice we have a radio show host does a morning show same annoying damn laugh only longer i can't listen to that sh&T
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 5:34pm
I have several but the corporate ads where the woman talks about how much oil and gas we still have, she sounds pretty darn smug and superior.  Another is the woman in the Bounty ad that says, "The blue goes on the left," to her little boys--can't explain why but it always irritates me.
timcooper62 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcooper62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 7:16pm
Service Magic dot com ads drive me crazy.  That chicago sounding accent saying Service Mejik. caaam  arrrgh!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic