Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Oil's Defense (not a political rant)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Oil's Defense (not a political rant)
    Posted: 18 May 2008 at 8:26pm

The oil companies are trying to portray a kinder, gentler image to the public. The use of a semi-attractive woman in their campaign talking about the need to make policy changes to benefit everyone (except for environmentalists). Consumers are happy because they have more oil to consume. The oil companies are happy because they're making more money drilling up in Alaska.

Be happy, use more oil! Tongue
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 10:15pm
Even though the number of polar bears in Alaska has doubled over the past 40 years, if the environmentalists can get them listed as endangered, they could slow down oil drilling in Alaska, and thus, cause gasoline prices to rise even further, which is something that makes them happy.

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 10:54pm
Those doubled polar bears are smaller, not living as long, and generally suffer greater fate with decreasing ice floe.
Whatever the cause of the depletion of our ice it is real, and polar bears are the largest indicator of the problem. It will be the smaller things that will affect. Increased algae blooms with warmer waters, more 'dead zones'.
Not to mention sea lion expansion due to loss of polar bear numbers therefore sea lions up north becoming the monstrosities they are here in the pacific nw.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by DesertX DesertX wrote:

The oil companies are trying to portray a kinder, gentler image to the public. The use of a semi-attractive woman in their campaign talking about the need to make policy changes to benefit everyone (except for environmentalists). Consumers are happy because they have more oil to consume. The oil companies are happy because they're making more money drilling up in Alaska.

Be happy, use more oil! Tongue

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Clap

this such an ignorant commercial, CONTINUE to use fossil fuels for many many years to come? are you f**king nuts? We're way past that point now, HELLO!!!! it's not the 1990s anymore, we don't have time to sit on our hands and wait what happens, that was then, this is now!!!!

Yeah lets use more and more and more oil, lets just make it worse, hello lady are you trying to accelerate climate change? just so can continue to get a buck you ****bag.

It pisses me off how she pushes alternatives as something on the side lines to use much much later, hey lady don't complain to me when salt water is all the way up to your front door, I guess they want to wait till the **** really hits the fan and they realize "oh f**k they were right!"

(I swear she must've got this advice from Steven Colbert)

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:26am
Be happy--drive your gas guzzlers until oranges can grown in Alaska and Indiana is blessed with the same year-round heat and humidity as Florida, with temperatures never getting colder than 90 degrees--not even on Christmas Day! 

Man, these oil companies really piss me off!
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 6:23am
I don't give a flying f**k what these cock-suckers say, I know they are running up gas prices while they can. These assholes know that alternative fuels are coming in, and coming in fast, and they are gonna be phased out like household phones!! They think, "OH sh*t, we are going to be out of a job soon, so let's run the prices through the damned roof cause these stupid assed, greedy Amercians will buy the gas even if it went to $30 per. gallon!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:48pm
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 9:31pm
Aw crap now they have "sequel" ads.

One where the walking woman says "Are you an owner of an oil company?", and then stands next to a graph of expenditures and then tells them go to the website.

and another one where she says that 2/3rds of oil comes through the US.

ARGH! make her go away!!!!
cfif View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 10:47pm
Sheee's back and acting "nicer" then ever.

I hate these ads and the woman in them.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 11:03pm
Mrs. John McCain I'll think I'll call her. LOL
omegastar View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omegastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 12:51am

I wish someone would counter this ad with their own ads. Like for instance: Out with  oil, in with new energy.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 2:07am
Fuk Big Oil!

Fuk off-shore drilling and the disasters that this will cause.

Fuk the idea that we can't reduce oil consumption through alternative energy use.

Fuk the rich bastards who are so greedy that they control what our country does to suit their lust for money.......OUR FUKING MONEY!!

One man gathers what another man spills
Vlad The Impaler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 2:32am
Do you ever wonder why the price of gas has doubled in the last 10 years but the price of a quart you use to put in your engine has stayed relatively the same. Oil is oil right? It's not the refinery process that's gone up.

Things that make you go hmmmm.....
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 4:50am
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

I don't give a flying f**k what these cock-suckers say, I know they are running up gas prices while they can. These assholes know that alternative fuels are coming in, and coming in fast, and they are gonna be phased out like household phones!! They think, "OH sh*t, we are going to be out of a job soon, so let's run the prices through the damned roof cause these stupid assed, greedy Amercians will buy the gas even if it went to $30 per. gallon!!!

I would gladly pay $30 per gallon if I was able to have 5000 miles per gallon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic