Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$2.99 Wendy's Commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $2.99 Wendy's Commercials
    Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 7:11pm
These two guys are not only having lunch and this one guy has the smallest meal ever...but they're eating at a Library!

You're not supposed to be eating in a Library! What the hell is wrong with these guys?!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 6:01pm
...not to mention that their 2.99 meal will leave even a 10 year old kid hungry still.  Nowadays we can eat at a sit down restaurant for the same price.
ignorotic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ignorotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 1:45am
i would love to slap that smug bastard with the wendy's meal, sweep his food onto the floor, and then whisper "two ninety nine" and gesture at his ruined meal on the ground.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 1:17pm
Seriously does corporate America really think anyone beyond the age of 5 acts like that? Like we have absolutely nothing else going on in our lives so we compare our food with each other? Like everything is one big game of one-upmanship.

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 2:56am
Is it just me, or is the guy with the miniature meal kinda creepy looking?
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:26am
the mini food amuses me.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 5:08am
I think the mini meal is kind of absurd... And I was curious to just how big a f**king junior burger has to be at 2.99 that it needs to be a double? 
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 7:47am
I can't believe they brought this stupid commercial back. What really bothers me about it is the way the Mini Meal guy eats his food. Seriously, could he BE any louder? Also, I don't know about you but if I bit into a burger and it made that much noise, I'd take it back to the store. Burgers are NOT supposed to be crunchy!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 12:20pm
I think he has a crunchy chicken sandwich.
Without hurting me,
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 5:36pm
Even if it was a crispy chicken sandwich, it shouldn't sound as if he stepped on about 1,000 snails when he bites into it.

Unless those $2.99 douches work in the library and are on lunch (and even then, don't they have a break room?), who eats in a library, especially something so loud as that Mini Meal?

And what's with that annoying folk music jingle that they have now? Wendy's ads have a permanent place on the Mute Button All Star list.
Solt0131 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solt0131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:04am
1)  Nobody eats lunch in the library.
2)  You can read the same books they are reading sitting down at a Wendy's and eating that lunch.
3)  Those 2.99 meals are great (when you buy 2 of them)
4)  The amount of fries they show in the commercial is 2x the amount you normally get.
Jeff98177 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff98177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:30am
I think it's funny how he shakes his tiny little drink and you can hear ice rattling inside. That's my major complaint about fast food places... they put so much ice in the cup that you get maybe half the drink you paid for.
Life is like the game of baseball, except that in life, there's no infield fly rule.
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Jeff98177 Jeff98177 wrote:

I think it's funny how he shakes his tiny little drink and you can hear ice rattling inside. That's my major complaint about fast food places... they put so much ice in the cup that you get maybe half the drink you paid for.
thats why i like mcDonalds &^ Taco Bell... you can pour your own beverage.
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:07am
I hate the way their "whisper" is louder than if they were actually talking. 
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:42am
Back when I drank soda I started requesting very little ice.
I do not like ice in my water these days.

The tiny food LOL

I hate that song though that they play.
Without hurting me,
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Solt0131 Solt0131 wrote:

4)  The amount of fries they show in the commercial is 2x the amount you normally get.

Actually it's the right amount, just poured nearly all the way out of the carton to make it LOOK like you're getting more, but it's just the normal amount. It's an advertising ploy.
Jkf View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:41pm
I think it is funny how Wendy's new slogan is "You Know When It's Real" and yet the photos of their product are so fake. Look at those "wet" spots on the tomatoes at the end of the ad... yeah nothing like plastic sandwiches to enhance something "real".
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Jkf Jkf wrote:

"You Know When It's Real"

Yeah, I know when it's real...it's when I go to a nearby steakhouse/grill where you can get a sandwhich or burger that's so big it takes about 3 meals to finish (maybe 4 meals, if you get an appetizer) and yet, is still healthier than the cardboard-thin, overpriced fast food cr*p. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic