Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Holiday Ideas'! (only the WORST) (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Holiday Ideas'! (only the WORST) (video)
    Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 12:12am
(thread purpose: here they come!!! time for 'big business' to help YOU play 'SantyClaws'! Show the WORST you are seeing THIS YEAR...and tell us why!)

My FIRST vote goes right out to 'Glaaadeeey', of course. Made me spit out a bit o'Molson's Ice, dammit! Could've sworn they were trying to sell us some 'rabbit turd' scent - I was convinced that is what I saw in her hands...but, alas, I was wrong - it was "Poop-of-Granite and Rabbit-Berries".

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 12:44am
Dunno, maybe it's Dad's "broke back Santy" laugh......... here, enjoy.Dead
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 1:03am
Pa, I would've liked it if that commercial turned into one of those "screamers", with the true Glade Lady flashing real fast, her eyes spinning, and blood dripping from her mouth, as she demands fealty to Satan.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Pa, I would've liked it if that commercial turned into one of those "screamers", with the true Glade Lady flashing real fast, her eyes spinning, and blood dripping from her mouth.

oh, but Thor! THESE are the 'professional' commercials - the ones meant to milk your wallet, this year! Those that simply *can and will* piss you off worse than most...ya know...things like THIS:

2009 Holiday Gift Guide for Outdoors Women, Giver Her Relief on the Go

Outdoors women will appreciate the reusable and pink funnel-like female urinary device (FEM) called GoGirl. It’s easy to store in a backpack, car glove box, or purse and makes finding relief easier. Made of medical-grade silicone it arrives rolled up in a plastic tube about the size of a toilet paper roll with a plastic baggy and sheets of toilet tissue. When a woman has to go where bathroom facilities do not exist, she can use GoGirl to avoid getting her footwear wet or sitting on a non-hygienic toilet seat. A single GoGirl is $6.99 U.S., three for $18.99.

Read more: http://hikingbackpacking.suite101.com/article.cfm/2009_holiday_gift_guide_for_outdoors_women#ixzz0XAXqVYL3

BUT WAIT!!!! THERE'S MORE *PROOF* THAT THE OL'MULE HIMSELF IS A SHAMELESS 'PROFITTEER'!!! YOU SIMPLY *KNOW* HE IS "BEHIND" THIS!

No Yelling School of Fishing

Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! Teaches Women How to Fish in Florida

Betty%20Bauman%20Shows%20How%20to%20Reel%20in%20the%20Big%20One,%20Jennifer%20A.%20Huber

Women learn saltwater fishing basics without the intimidation and yelling from men during the Ladies, Let's Go Fishing seminars held throughout South Florida.

The weekend seminars, held in conjunction with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, offer a morning of educational sessions and an afternoon of hands-on activities. The final day is an opportunity to put skills to work out on the water with area saltwater fishing guides.

Read more: http://saltwaterfishing.suite101.com/article.cfm/no_yelling_school_of_fishing#ixzz0XAYm7sRt

...but only with a T.V. commercial...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

That wasn't your video, was it, Tiz?  I'm guessing by the Dead, that it wasn't.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That wasn't your video, was it, Tiz?  I'm guessing by the Dead, that it wasn't.

(time for the Tiz-Jabs!!!)
LOLLOLLOL "Yanks", Thor! I *was* wonderin' if'n that is why they legally keep the Tizzer single and why the daughter only comes over for XMAS...(at least he put a bough on HER OLD car, but he STILL couldn't catch her...)

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 8:34pm
You didn't see me ride by on my skateboard?Wink

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 8:59pm
An oldie, it still tears me up.Cry Peter hitches a ride home after shopping on Christmas morning........ snow- sweater & scarf- the little girl..........just tugs at my heart I tell ya.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 1:55am
Tiz, I love that ad!!!Hug
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Tiz, I love that ad!!!Hug
CryTizzer & BM have ruined my thread...
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 2:43am

Remind me how to post a video, I have a really lousy one in mind.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 2:56am

Remind me how to post a video, I have a really lousy one in mind.

Big%20smile"Tube Tags!!!" (it's so easy, even *I* can do it!)
If the video is on YOUTUBE....
1.) look for the v=xxxxxxxxxxx,
2.) copy ALL the 'xxxxxx's, skip the 'v=' and ','
3.) copy into post as so...

[ tube ] xxxxxxx [ /tube ]               <<<---when ya do this, get rid of ALL 'spaces'!

TADA!!! It's magic, I tell ya!

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 3:37am
I'm still not quite getting it!  The 'v=' for the video I want to post is HjkJCDCxDys.  What is still not clear what you mean by x I guess it doesn't mean the regular URL reference or else I would simply copy and post that, or enter it via the 'Insert Hyperlink' icon.  What am I missing?

Originally posted by holly holly wrote:

Momma, "edit" this post and see how I did the tube tags; I've fixed them below

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 3:41am

I'm still not quite getting it!  The 'v=' for the video I want to post is HjkJCDCxDys.  What is still not clear what you mean by ''  I guess it doesn't mean the regular URL reference or else I would simply copy and post that, or enter it via the 'Insert Hyperlink' icon.  What am I missing?

OkeyDokey, Pokey...
remove ALL 'SPACES' from the following:

[ tube ]  HjkJCDCxDys [ /tube ]

see what happens
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 9:25pm

I'm still not quite getting it!  The 'v=' for the video I want to post is HjkJCDCxDys.  What is still not clear what you mean by ''  I guess it doesn't mean the regular URL reference or else I would simply copy and post that, or enter it via the 'Insert Hyperlink' icon.  What am I missing?

You had it BM, just put that same Hjk...... url in between tube tags. Like this:
Then click Preview to make sure it shows.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 9:35pm
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 9:35pm
I can't believe no one remembered the mother of all bad gifts...

korydvandyke View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 9:42pm

You didn't see me ride by on my skateboard?Wink

Every frickin' year those Kay commercials make me feel somewhat inadequate about my relationships. As if there's just something I could be doing differently. I wonder how many people have proposed just based on the influence these commercials provide.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 12:29am
Thanks Tiz! Um.....what's a tube tag?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 1:24am

Big Momma, the "tube tags" is the script that you type in in front of the tube code and after the tube code.  They're kind of like bookends used to let CIH know that the set of what-looks-like-gibberish, the tube code (HjkJCDCxDys) that you've copied/pasted from Youtube, is a video.

In front of the code, you type in [TOOB], and after it, you type in [/TOOB], except you spell tube correctly.  The reason I don't here is that if I spelled it correctly, CIH would get confused and would think I was posting a video.

Also, don't copy the entire code to CIH and then remove the irrelevant part as you did above.  Block only the part after the equal sign (the relevant part), copy/paste it into your reply screen, and then add the tube tags in front of and after it.

No need to use any "insert hyperlink" button.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

I can't believe no one remembered the mother of all bad gifts...

Bad gifts......... how about this for hours minutes of teatillating fun.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 11:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic