Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alex Trebeck's speech pattern

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alex Trebeck's speech pattern
    Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:38pm
Let me first say I ADORE Jeopardy - any program that highlights a person's intelligence gets my attention.

But what the flock is up with the way Alex Trebeck speaks? Every word he emphasises ends with "UH"

"No, sorry, that's Grand Rapids-UH"

"The Shakespeare play you're thinking of is MacBeth-uh" (sometimes he'll even say it TWICE - MacBeth-uh)

Heaven help me if the word ends with a "t" or a "d'

"Oh, sorry, the correct liquor is Old Grandad-UH-UH-UH"

Love Alex, hate the way he speaks!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:42pm
I've not noticed....has it been since his heart attack?
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:45pm
I just hate the way he acts like a freaking douche every time someone gets one wrong. Yeah, pretty easy when you've got all the answers right in front of you, isn't it?
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:45pm
What Alex Trebek sounds like when he's pissed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU2w72KAkQQ
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:45pm
Oh, Hooty, bend your ear and listen! He's been doing this for years. Listen tonight. It's almost comical but sometimes it's just out and out annoying.

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 10:51pm
Sexiest Canadian I've ever seen.
Love endures all.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 10:54pm
If Drey Carey replaces Alex Trebek as Jeopardy! host, the show will get even worse.  Imagine Drew telling contestants "Sorry--but the jingle bells beat you!"  when they take too long to respond or "Would you want to shoot the moon?"  when the Daily Double appears.  I fear that, if Drew adds Jeopardy! to his repertoire, which already includes Price Is Right and Power of 10, he will send every other GS host to the unemployment office!  Does America really want that?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by J.R. J.R. wrote:

What Alex Trebek sounds like when he's pissed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU2w72KAkQQ

Wow, thats old he still has a mustache in that video, and look at that phone!LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by 8 Track Single 8 Track Single wrote:

If Drey Carey replaces Alex Trebek as Jeopardy! host, the show will get even worse.  Imagine Drew telling contestants "Sorry--but the jingle bells beat you!"  when they take too long to respond or "Would you want to shoot the moon?"  when the Daily Double appears.  I fear that, if Drew adds Jeopardy! to his repertoire, which already includes Price Is Right and Power of 10, he will send every other GS host to the unemployment office!  Does America really want that?

What makes you think Trebek is going anywhere? 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:50am
"Jeopardy" has LONG been the #1 show for drunks.
I know.
When it's on and the 'da Pack be hangin' in 'de hood, the wives run for cover...
Until "Final Jeopardy" - when they all come back to see if we can slur the answer in some form of English, but moreso, to see if we are simply F.O.S.
We're usually right - we know it all.
Alex is cool.
I'd give him a Molson's Ice, but he'd have to give me a couple o'those spare dollars first..think I sit here and give away free beer for nothing other than being better than MOST of the contestants?
Shi*! I'm a legend in my own mind!
Gimme a couple o'thou, there, Alex.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:59am
LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 1:16am

Good God 8 Track! Don't even hint at that idea. I HATE Drew Carey! He's NOT FUNNY!! He's just a douchebag throwback to the 1950's, but isn't 1/8th as good as Bill Cullen was.
One man gathers what another man spills
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 1:36am
I like Drew Carey.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 1:52am
Drew's ok, but not as a host for Jeopardy. 

I've never watched "The Price is Right", so I have no opinion on his ability as a host. 

I liked him in his comedy series and as the host for the improv show.  He wasn't very good at improv himself.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

What makes you think Trebek is going anywhere? 

When Alex does eventually retire, he could still assume the position of Chief Executive Producer for Jeopardy!, handing over the reins to Drew Carey--especially if CBS goes ahead and cancels Power of 10.  Since Jeopardy! is now syndicated by CBS Distribution, Drew would get a fat check from hosting that show as well as his various editions of Price Is Right. 
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 7:45am
Ever notice he says 'dullars' instead of 'dollars'?
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

Sexiest Canadian I've ever seen.

AGREED, LOL! I love him, except for his over pronounced UH.

Remember when he made a guest appearance on Golden Girls?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic