Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Safelite Repair...Safelite Replace!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Safelite Repair...Safelite Replace!
    Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 3:27am
This stupid commercial is for a windshield repair company named Safelite.  A Youtube link to see it is below.

What is weird is that they try to make the crack (when seen from inside the company truck) all computerized and futuristic with text around it like people really see that in real life!

There is also something about the Safelite employee that really annoys me...maybe it is his smugness…I don’t know.

The most annoying thing is the “Safelite repair…Safelite replace!” (or is it Safelite Repaired, Safelite Replaced?) jingle at the beginning and end.  Either way, the phrase doesn’t even make sense…sure, Safelite repairs and can replace a windshield, but wouldn’t it be better worded another way?

TruTV runs this commercial once or twice every commercial break, so it is highly overplayed and very annoying, hence my multiple grievances with it!  Ugh, I just saw it as I was typing this on NBC during The Jay Leno Show.

Sponsored Links

Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 5:44am
Fortunately I've only heard the radio commercial. However I agree about the jingle. It's one of those companies who thinks using mind numbing English is cute.   
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 3:09am
I just saw this for the first time yesterday. Thought it was kind of corny, but after watching the youtube vid, I agree with all your points on how dumb it is.

What is with all the computer graphics around the chip?
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 9:02am
I griped about this outfit several months ago. Yes, that musical tag-line is very annoying, as are the milquetoast personalities of all the various "Safelite technicians", both on radio and TV. I had not seen a TV ad for this bunch until this weekend.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 9:46pm
I finally watched this commerical the other day and thought the name was kinda redundant..either you fix the crack by the epoxy or the whole darn window needs to be replaced...so it's fixed either way.  Safelite-FixConfused
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 12:54am
I know I already said this commercial is highly overplayed, but TruTV really does air it every commercial break.  It is frustrating because I watch TruTV a lot and have to endure this stupid smug Safelite repairman and the ridiculous jingle.  I went back to NBC & watched it last night from about 8pm until Jimmy Fallon's show started (including the local news) and it was shown about every other commercial break. Angry  

There must be a lot of 'Safelite Repair, Safelite Replace' happening, because it is obvious the company has lots of money to make their commercial run so much!  If didn't I enjoy all the cop shows on TruTV, this commercial would be enough for me to quit watching the channel.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 3:24am
What bothered me was the crack spreading across the windshield. I was waiting for something catastrophic to happen - maybe a little death, or somthing...followed by the announcer proclaiming, "...and THAT could be YOU, if YOU do not call Safelite in a timely manner!"

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 3:40am
Originally posted by BDrums1971 BDrums1971 wrote:

What is with all the computer graphics around the chip?

I think that's supposed to be as seen through the testing camera--measurements etc (if you look close you can see the camera on the dashboard).
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 4:45am
PaWolf your sarcasm is after my own heart :D  Commercials sure like to exaggerate don't they?

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
bluenowait View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluenowait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 4:18pm
TBS plays this ear sore all the time during MLB Playoffs!
t(ò_ót) Double Deuce!
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 9:29pm
I am so sick of this commercial.  Like you all have pointed out, it's played waaay too much, on many of the channels I watch, and that Eric guy gets on my last nerve!  He is smug! and the way he talks, for lack of a better description, reminds me of how kids taunt one another on the playground (nah nah nah nah nah nah).  Another thing besides that exaggerated crack sound, is how he nods after he "examines" the nick in the window...I want to punch his lights out.  The best thing about the commercial is the stupid jingle at the end, and that's not saying much.
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 5:56am
Been seeing this one all the time now. Everytime I hear "SAFELITE REPAIR, SAFELITE REPLACE", I want to smash my tv screen. (Wonder if they'll come fix THAT?!)
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 1:30pm

Me ug me repair me replace.  Dead

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:44am
Well....this one is back.  I've seen it at least 20 times in the last couple of days.  That Eric guy annoys me so much!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 2:00am
Same here I HATE THIS AD f**k off Safelite, Argh the jingles in my head MAKE IT STOP!!!! I have no idea why they have graphics around the crack, so stupid, I hate this smarmy attitude the guy gives off. F**k off Safelite!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
level10skank View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote level10skank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 2:12am
So this is the face behind the radio ads that play constantly (not so constantly now as they were about a year ago).  His delivery is so flat I have to listen to it just to impersonate him and make fun of it.
The jingle is pretty crappy, too, even though I wait for it at the end and harmonize with it.  I'm kind of a dork like that.
Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 7:35am
This commercial gets played on almost every break on TNT, ESPN, and The Weather Channel all night long. I had never heard the audio before because I don't usually have the sound on (those three channels are on our monitors at work. I work for DIRECTV). I just hated seeing this bald guy's face every 10 minutes. And what's with him flicking the windshield after he repairs it? Plus his exaggerated reaction when he hits the speed bump (going way too fast btw) annoys the hell out of me. I just can't stand this guy.
Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 12:13am
I cant stand it anymore!!! they just want money, (duhh who don't)
I've been having a crack in my window for 5 years, it started leaking then I shoved some superglue in the crack and clear plasic wrap so I don't get it on me.
Now its fixed Smile  Probbly what they use lol
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 6:05am
I hate this commercial. It is played all the damn time. Whenever I have a small crack like that, I fix it myself. I just go down to harbor Tools and get what i need.
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 10:48am
The customer looks WAY too worried when Erik is checking out the crack.  Like "Oh, i hope this much more capable man can fix this tiny chip!"  Either that, or he is so stoned he is just amazed by the 'special resin".  Then, his face when Erik waves away his open wallet....  Makes me want to smack them both.
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Legoman Legoman wrote:

I've been having a crack in my window for 5 years, it started leaking then I shoved some superglue in the crack and clear plasic wrap so I don't get it on me.

Did you flick the window like Eric did? ...just to make sure!
MFfan310 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFfan310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 8:29pm
Did you know that they play a version of this ad in Europe, too? Only over there, Safelite is called "Autoglass" or "Carglass" (owned by Belron, the same parent company). Same storyline and jingle, though.

Autoglass UK:

Autoglass Ireland:

Carglass Italy:

Carglass France:

Looks like one can't get away from Belron Corp./Safelite/Autoglass/Carglass... especially since they bought the parent company of one of the local auto glass shops here and turned it into a (you guessed it) Safelite AutoGlass...
Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 4:46am
Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

Originally posted by Legoman Legoman wrote:

Did you flick the window like Eric did? ...just to make sure!

haha nope. holds up to 70 mph driving Smile
ms1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 10:47pm
i am 99% sure that musician brooke waggoner sings that jingle. her voice is very unique. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 11:05pm
Thanks....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic