Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive Girl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WutDaFreakNutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive Girl
    Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 6:56am

What were you thinking...Progressive?  She's kinda creepy.

Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 7:54pm
Not as creepy as this.
TomAnderson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomAnderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 3:28pm

The problem with the Progressive girl is that she looks kind of cute, until you stick a cute girl next to her, and then realize she's kind of frightening looking.

BTW, what happened to the show that was supposed to have the Geico ape men on it?  I saw a website and I think one ad for it, then boom! gone.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by TomAnderson TomAnderson wrote:

The problem with the Progressive girl is that she looks kind of cute, until you stick a cute girl next to her, and then realize she's kind of frightening looking.

Hmmmm...I dunno.  They both look equally cute to me.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Hmmmm...I dunno.  They both look equally cute to me.

hmmm...something 'familiar' comes to mind....
"Hi...Can I interest you in an INSURANCE MAKEOVER?"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
TomAnderson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomAnderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 6:23pm
Although not the best example shot-wise, this is what I meant:

pickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 6:37pm
It's not that she is ugly, but think about having to look at her day after day after day. 
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 8:36pm
There have been many threads here on Flo (the Progressive chick). In my opinion, these are the worst commercials out there right now. They ANNOY the hell out of me.

You think having to look at her day after day is bad, what about having to listen to her?Angry

These commercials are so idiotic, they grate on my nerves like no other commercial I can think of. Flo, may you burn in hell! Worse yet, make her watch her own commercials 24/7! Hehehe.....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 9:34pm

Although not the best example shot-wise, this is what I meant:

ConfusedGuess that means if'n you 'struck gold' with BOTH of them, it would present a problem (the next morning), in regard to which side of bed from which you chose to 'escape'? 

(actually, from *my* perspective, they both need a little more exposure to the sun)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Aresi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aresi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 4:50am
Anyone else notice the back of her hair keeps rising?

markclub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Aresi Aresi wrote:

Anyone else notice the back of her hair keeps rising?

No! I haven't noticed but they are both lovely to me. 
LOT Tu-134 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOT Tu-134 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 7:23am
Honestly, I don't mind Flo the progressive chick all that much as far as looks go. She doesn't really frighten or annoy me in the looks department.

It's her insane yelling like crazy about car insurance and her dumb little "jokes" that do annoy me! 
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 12:50pm
The insurance store behind her reminds me too much of the old Egghead Software stores. The one in Irvine California had a sales gal that looked eerily similar.Wacko
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 5:53pm
I'll say it again, look at all the things these commercials don't do - no pushy special effects or other really overproduced things, no gross-out jokes or pointless dark comedy, no pinched songs (if they had a jingle - and I'm sure a lot of you are thinking "Heaven forbid!" - it would probably be some chirpy little one that was written for it, both words and music). In a funny way, they're almost a "throwback" to those earlier ads that people miss so much.
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 3:46am
Also, even if she does have a stereotyped Goth girl look (as someone said), I think she also reminds me of one or more earlier comediennes, sort of like an Imogene Coca (sorry to anyone who liked her and hates the Flo actress, but that's just a for instance).
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 12:42pm
Honestly, she is very attractive to me. Her voice is not annoying at all.
20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by WutDaFreakNutz WutDaFreakNutz wrote:

What were you thinking...Progressive?  She's kinda creepy.

Hmm....I would, but I have low standards...lol
Uncle Fester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Fester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 3:10am
Gawd, my eyes.

A plump, pasty white, obnoxious girl in clown make-up selling insurance?

I turn the channel WHENEVER this chick comes on screen. Ugh.
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 5:52am
I am so over this bitch.  Like, seriously these ads have been on FOR-E-VER (The Sandlot's pronunciation Smile) and they just keep getting sillier and sillier.  The new one w/ the guy and the remote control?  I just don't get it.  They are an epic fail IMO of pointing to the product being pitched.  And she's fug, sorry to those of you who find her pretty.  Like it was said above, she's maybe cute until you really look @ her or compare her to a pretty girl and she's just, wonky looking.  Her pasty pale skin, the ridiculous red thick lipstick, her crazy eyes and her bump-it hair.  Ugh...just over her!   But YMMV.

I live outside of Philadelphia, and this reminds me...about 6 months ago on my way to work the Preston and Steve radio show did a whole segment on whether the Progessive girl was cute or not.  I was hysterically laughing all the way to work and it was so funny because it was split evenly between both men and women, about half of each find her cute and the other half think she's hideous!
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 5:02pm
They may have been on forever, but at least there's a SET of them, unlike the exact same one of something that comes on constantly. Even if you hate them, you get to hate them with some variety! Some of you make fun of that Rosetta Stone ad with a titillating side, but I've never even seen it on my stations. All I get is the one with the man who invented it (?), the one with the dignified white fringe of hair and beard. Nothing against him, but I've seen him a thousand frigging times, and I'm ready to see that other one (and not just for the obvious reason). So most of you may hate "Flo," but at least you get to hate her in a whole ad campaign, instead of ONE SINGLE AD.
beandip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beandip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 2:44am
She reminds me of a gigantic Kotex pad!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 3:22am
Originally posted by beandip beandip wrote:

She reminds me of a gigantic Kotex pad!

Is it the red lips?

fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 5:44am
i cant believe nobody mentioned that irritating noise she makes, something along the lines of "more like CEO!!!!!   BOOP BOOP! no glass ceiling!" also her failed attempts at jokes anger me to no end every time any one of these commercials come on.
beandip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beandip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 4:19pm

Red lips make it used. Big, white, boxy, and uncomfortable, with bright red smudge and black hair stuck to it!!

RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 2:26pm

In these commercials she looks like the picture they showed in the (Keaton) Batman movie of the Joker's first victim killed with "Smile-X". Without the makeup she's actually kind of cute, and I think she used to be on a tv show.

Plump? Fester my man, not every woman can look like Olive Oil! LOL

But I agree with the voice, it could get a little grating. Also, the voice over at the end- wtf? Smoke another pack of Marlboro Red's lady, jeeze.

I saw an online poll once to pick the cutest of two insurance chicks. "Flo" lost OVERWHELMINGLY to "Erin Surance" (E. Surance) but I can see why...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic