Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "More ads coming to TV -- Even to one-time havens"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"More ads coming to TV -- Even to one-time havens"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "More ads coming to TV -- Even to one-time havens"
    Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 6:23pm

"More ads coming to TV — even to one-time havens"

Great.  Even Tivo is in on it:  Ads when you pause, fast-forward or delete shows.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090803/ap_en_ot/us_tec_more_ads_on_tv_3

Sponsored Links

bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 11:08am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

<h1 id="yn-story-title">"More ads coming to TV — even to one-time havens"</h1>Great.  Even Tivo is in on it:  Ads when you pause, fast-forward or delete shows. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090803/ap_en_ot/us_tec_more_ads_on_tv_3

All the more reason why I have not regretted going (and staying) retro on DVD.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 11:13pm
Anybody remember that assface who believed that people who skipped through the commercials were committing a crime?  I bet he's creaming his pants in joy over this....
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:20pm
Looks like YouTube may do that too.

Maybe by then, the major studios can stop complaining about YouTube and make money off of them by having commercial ads!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:43pm
http://forums.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5451\

seems we caught this on the same day!!

AGGRAVATING
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 4:36pm
According to ADVERTISING AGE, the number of On-Screen promos is about to increase significantly as well. Ouch Since everybody here know what I have done about it, I will not say anything more. Just post YOUR Comments. 
Poiuyt Power!!!
big_E View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 11:22pm
I've pretty much switched over to books for my evening entertainment.   That will be until the authors guild and publishing industry get congress to pass a law outlawing paper books,  used book stores and public libraries.  Then the only way we will be allowed to read is via an amazon kindle that constantly insert ads in front of our eyes every 5 minutes.  All kindle content that is deemed politically incorrect, even by powers in foreign countries will be deleted on the fly.   It will be just like the world of 1984.   But wait, that book is already banned on the amazon kindle!  Its already happening!
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 2:22am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Anybody remember that assface who believed that people who skipped through the commercials were committing a crime?  I bet he's creaming his pants in joy over this....
I didn't think he was around to do so. That was over a year ago, and my effigy of him is full of pins by now.
There are still some stations that, amazingly enough, don't go in for it. Like the one I mentioned, and also my local Spanish station. If it's a choice between a language I don't understand and miserable pop-ups in a language I do understand, the choice is obvious (and not just because of all the 38-C hostesses on the Spanish shows).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic