Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I HATE COX COMMERCIALS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WTexasRanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I HATE COX COMMERCIALS
    Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 9:57pm
I don't know if Cox plays the same commercials in other areas, but on the local channels down here in Tucson we have one with the most annoying music I've ever heard. Cox has used this particular song in about 75 (angry exaggeration) different commercials for quite a long time, now. It features stupid whistling and a bass line that slides up and down over and over.
Excuse the pause. I had to reach over and mute the TV, as it's on AGAIN. These commercials are guaranteed to play at least once every break, sometmes twice. Occasionally, it comes on as a sneak attack right as the break starts so there's no warning.

I've had to listen to this stupid crap for so long, I'm going through phases with it. At first, it was fine. After a while I couldn't take it anymore and started muting the TV. Then, I started forcing myself to listen to it to try and figure out why I hate it so much (at first, I thought it was the whistling, but now i think it's the slidey bass line sliding up and down and up and down). I'm back to muting it again.

If it followed the usual commercial cycle I wouldn't care at all. But it just won't go away! It's on all the channels! COX, PICK A NEW SONG!

Sorry for the tirade, but this has been buiilding for a while.
Sponsored Links

Lepercon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lepercon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 11:21pm
All Cox commercials are driving me CRAZY! It seems like for every 5 minutes of programming, there seems to be 20 minutes of commercials to begin with and Cox throws in their newest one every single break, sometimes twice! Have ya seen it?...Digital depression? Some stupid f-ing yutz in a lab coat with a yap wide enough to make Steven Tyler go "Damn, that's a big cakehole!" Flashing before and after pictures representing digital health; one of which I swear the dude gives me nightmares...

I don't get it...isn't this a Cox channel to begin with? Is every single person watching Food Network, or Discovery, or Travel Channel through all providers subjected to this tripe? I swear it's about enough to make me switch to Fios...Angry
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 12:07pm
There's another Cox ad playing here in San Diego. Among other things, it has tiny beings wearing "space suits", and some ditz (who smoked too many cigarettes before she was 18) singing some song with the lyrics "oh I like you so very much..."

This one has me straining muscles lunging for the remote also!

Cox is also doing an "ad" ad, advertising their in house ad creation shop. It is nearly as annoying as the ads that are created there.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
MFfan310 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFfan310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 2:26pm
Are these the type of Cox commercials you're referring to?

Cox isn't in our area (they were at one time, but Comcast bought the local Cox system in a system swap about 15 or so yrs ago). So we have to watch Comcast's ads. (Even if you have FiOS.)
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 1:49am
Here in Virginia, we're subjected to their commercials during EVERY SINGLE BREAK (or so it seems). Right now it's the one with the guy in the lab coat talking about "symptoms" of something or other. It's okay in small doses, but every single break is beyond obnoxious.

Right before this campaign, they had another one with a "customer" saying "What am I into?", and they'd then describe the packages available. I believe there was one with a bald black man, then another with a blonde woman. I wanted to hurl a remote through my screen every time it came on.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Lepercon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lepercon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 9:52am
Yep, those are the ones! I'm in Virginia, too. Cox is rotating them on every provided channel nearly every commercial break. Yesterday, I changed the channel twice during one break and it was on ALL THREE channels at the same time!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic