Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Idiotic Burger King Slogans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Idiotic Burger King Slogans
    Posted: 10 May 2008 at 4:16am
Post removed at user's request.
Sponsored Links

kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 4:18am
But I liked Have It Your Way. It was completely untrue, but it was better than Faux-Urban I'm Lovin' It.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 12:29pm
Ah yes, the memories.

It takes two hands to handle a Whopper. Cause the burgers are bigger at Burger King.

and of course the alternate lyric;

♫ It takes two hands to handle a Whopper. Get the two fisted burger at Burger King. ♫

Welcome 8 Track Single. Cool  Good first topic.

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 3:45pm

Originally posted by 8 Track Single 8 Track Single wrote:

I didn't realize they had so many slogans over the years, but this one is kinda clever, if they're just subtle enough to make it work. In other words, not too blatant in slamming McDonald's.And I'll give it to BK, their King commercials are weird and creepy, but much better than the wannabe hipness that McDonald's desperately wants to convey.
The poster formerly known as producer757
FootballFreak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 4:00pm
wow they had so many burger slogans over the years! "Have Your Way" is great but it's not true. I don't think they'll put whatever you want on the burgers.
Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 2:55am
Yeesh, some of those slogans sound sexual.

Oh geez, I can still remember how that song goes.  "Your way!  Right away!  At Burger King now!"

And I can still remember the idiot belting out "I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!"

Never heard this one, but I actually like it.Now do you think the King is any creepier than WEEGEE?WEEGEE
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 3:27am
Originally posted by PaparaziBrandon PaparaziBrandon wrote:

wow they had so many burger slogans over the years! "Have Your Way" is great but it's not true. I don't think they'll put whatever you want on the burgers.

It's not true that they'll put anything on the burgers, but it's true that they will NOT put on whatever you don't want on them.

I remember ordering "A Whopper minus onion."  Of course, that could be because my sister worked there in high school, and that's how they would call the order to the food preparers.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 8:05am

Remember that stupid 'Find Herb' campaign?

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 10:35am
I actually remember most of those slogans. But does anyone remember this? Or, because I'm a sadist, this?

Did anyone else want to dick-punch this guy as much as I did?
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 3:48am
violetlightning View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote violetlightning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 4:46am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Originally posted by PaparaziBrandon PaparaziBrandon wrote:

It's not true that they'll put anything on the burgers, but it's true that they will NOT put on whatever you don't want on them.

I remember ordering "A Whopper minus onion."  Of course, that could be because my sister worked there in high school, and that's how they would call the order to the food preparers.

My Mom went into a Burger King back in the 80's - I don't know if that was around the time that slogan came out, but it was definitely out by then - and ordered a Whopper on a plain bun. It's not that she's picky, she's just deathly allergic to sesame seeds. (As in, carries-an-epi-pen-and-wears-a-bracelet allergic. And also to Eggplant, zucchini and nuts.) Well, the guy looks at her like she's insane and says in a really snobby voice "No one ever asks for it like that." (Gee, well I'd like to conform, buddy, but it would KILL ME!!!!!) I get really pissed when we go out to eat and the person taking the order doesn't seem to speak enough English to understand that we keep saying SESAME or PEANUTS or NUTS because we DON'T want them. One time we tried explaining it at a Finagle a Bagel, and when we got our bag we had bagels completely covered in sesame seeds.

I was really pissed off at the ad from a few years ago where the guy kept sending back the white bread because he wanted wheat, or vice versa, and the busboy wasn't a native speaker so he kept getting it wrong or something and at the end the guy says "If you're going to work here, learn the language, you know?" and some guy at the next table is like "No, I don't." It was some feel-good "let's all be brotherly and generous" thing, and I can't remember who did it, nor can I find it online. Does anyone remember? I mean, the message was okay, but it annoyed me that they used a situation where a miscommunication can result in such serious consequences.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic