Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car glass repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car glass repair
    Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 2:09pm
There is a series of radio ads I've heard in San Diego for a few months. I've been hoping they would either go away, or at least become a little less sappy, but no such luck.

They are called Safelite. They do on-site auto glass repairs and replacements. If they do a good job for the price, I've nothing against the company or the local repair technicians. But they really need to dump the nauseating voiceovers, and that annoying musical tagline at the end.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Sponsored Links

Wankel View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 7:10pm
Annoying as Hell... "Safelite repair..Safelite replace!"
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 1:25am

I can top that. In Central PA, we've had a local chain of glass repair/replace shops started by a woman named Cindy Rowe, who was one of the more prominent and successful female entrepreneurs around this area. For probably 20 years or more, they were called Cindy Rowe Auto Glass.

Recently, though, Cindy cashed out and sold her chain to...you guessed it--Safelite. So now we get to hear Cindy's jingle ("for auto glass repair or replacement/the one to know is Cindy Rowe") followed by "Safelite repair...Safelite Replace".

I guess they're trying to transition the goodwill and make everyone think new=old. Eventually I'm sure they'll all be just Safelite and we'll be back to one jingle. Confused
Hundreds of threads killed.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 5:12am
Some of the other Safelite radio ads you may have missed:

Here's Nate, Technician at Safelite AutoGlass...

"One day a customer came in with a cracked windshield. It was a hot day out and her little dog peed on the windshield. CRAAAACK...!"

"One day a customer came in with a cracked windshield. It was a hot day out and he looked at it wrong.  CRAAAACK...!"

"One day a customer came in with a cracked windshield.  He stepped on the brakes too hard and his grandmother flew through the windshield.  CRAAAACK...."

"One day a customer came in with a cracked windshield. It was a cold day out and he farted.  CRAAACK...!"

"One day a customer came in with a cracked windshield.   He drove over a speed bump and hit a flock of sheep. CRAAACK...!"  

[Lifted from another forum]
"If you don't fix that tiny-ass crack in your windshield, the second you turn on your A/C, it will shatter and all the shards will fly into your face and stab you in heart and other important organs. The glass will also decapitate your children and dog."

kimaesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimaesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

"One day a customer came in with a cracked windshield. It was a hot day out and her little dog peed on the windshield. CRAAAACK...!"

"One day a customer came in with a cracked windshield. It was a hot day out and he looked at it wrong.  CRAAAACK...!"

"One day a customer came in with a cracked windshield.  He stepped on the brakes too hard and his grandmother flew through the windshield.  CRAAAACK...."

"One day a customer came in with a cracked windshield. It was a cold day out and he farted.  CRAAACK...!"

"One day a customer came in with a cracked windshield.   He drove over a speed bump and hit a flock of sheep. CRAAACK...!"  

"If you don't fix that tiny-ass crack in your windshield, the second you turn on your A/C, it will shatter and all the shards will fly into your face and stab you in heart and other important organs. The glass will also decapitate your children and dog."

I think what this stupid commercial is a good windshield!lol. Try to fix your windshield men!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by kimaesha kimaesha wrote:

I think what this stupid commercial is a good windshield!lol. Try to fix your windshield men!

Hard to argue with that!

Ebola Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebola Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 6:57am
I hear that same commercial all the time.  But from two different companies.  One is Safelite and the other is The Guys in the Little Red Trucks.  Same commercial until the end.  Has there been a rash of broken windshields to warrant this onslaught of commercials?
Windshield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windshield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 6:04pm
I cant stand safelite commercials, well safelite in general actually! lol

But that's probably because they are my competition and they play dirty!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 9:24pm
Do you have anything to get that baked on bug guts off the windshield? 
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 2:49pm
RainX on a nylon mesh sponge, plus elbow grease.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Zemlianika View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zemlianika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

There is a series of radio ads I've heard in San Diego for a few months. I've been hoping they would either go away, or at least become a little less sappy, but no such luck.

They are called Safelite. They do on-site auto glass repairs and replacements. If they do a good job for the price, I've nothing against the company or the local repair technicians. But they really need to dump the nauseating voiceovers, and that annoying musical tagline at the end.

I completely agree with you and am totally against the damn commercials, billboards and other ads! Because my husband works for Safelite and the money they spent on these idiotic commercials is the raise money him and his coworkers did not get for the years 2008 & 1009. I call bullsh*t. They can't just do that. All that hard work and quality jobs he did and still does, plus dealing with picky customers, they couldn't even give him 50 cents raise. The the maximum raise is $1.00. This company is the biggest amongst other windshield repair/replacement they even bought Diamond Auto Glass but it doesn't exist anymore and they are that cheap for the associates that make this money for them. And these ads are disgrace.  Thanks for bringing this radio ad up!
The Russian Winnie pooh ROCKS!
Zemlianika View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zemlianika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 7:05am
Originally posted by kimaesha kimaesha wrote:

lol. Modern windshields are made out of laminated safety glass so if your granmother happends to fly out of the windshield, she will probably just bounce right back into the seat, and leave a nasty blood stain in a smashed windshield. Also it can't shatter and decapitate your kids and pets! But if it's not installed right and then your grandmother could fly out of the windshielf taking your windshield with her! And if you do ironically hit a santa clause and he rolls on the hood smashes into the windshield and the b*tch falls in killing you, kids and your pet while the car keeps on going running over the pedestrians and finally crashes into a poll! Ahhh, I love playing GTA :)
The Russian Winnie pooh ROCKS!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:56pm

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Malcolm Reynolds View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm Reynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:33pm

I can't f**king breathe. Clap
"If you make your software idiot proof, nature will make a better idiot."
-Me
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 6:56pm
Word on the annoyingness of these ads. One day I was listening to a radio station from the UK online and they played a very similar commercial including annoying jingle, except it was "Auto Glass repair, Auto Glass replace." Is that legal?
This is your brain on commercials.
andypanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 4:50am
What's so bad about safelite isn't so much about the corny commericals themselves.. but rather -- is hearing the same lame old background "tire squealing"  sound effect while their announcer speaks.
To me that is akin to someone scrapping nails down a chalk board.

Okay they've been sticking with a same theme for many years now.  Why continue using the same tired sound tracks?!! Get something else.. like an impact air wrench in the background or something!  And perhaps a new ending-jingle!

andypanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 4:54am

Lol!
aaron2050 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron2050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 2:25pm
this is why?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic