Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

There's absolutely nothing on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: There's absolutely nothing on.
    Posted: 08 May 2008 at 8:42pm
Again, for the 300 billionth time I can not find anything on TV, so I have no choice but to watch CNN. Unhappy
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 8:57pm
I find myself saying that alot.  Then I have to remind myself that growing up we only had 5 channels:  ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, and UHF.  If the weather was good and we got the rabbit ears in at just the right angle (sometimes with some tin foil) we could get another UHF channel for a total of 6.  There was cable about the time I was around 15, but it was expensive.  I didn't have cable until I moved out and got a place of my own. After I remember the "good old days" I snap back to reality!

Oh yeah, we also had a black and white TV for a long time! ...and we never had a remote...us kids were the remote.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:01pm
Problem is theres too many channels owned by a few amount of companies catering the basic demographics which results in a lot of sameness.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:26pm
I'm a CSI fan.  Did anyone watch "Two and a Half Men" Monday?  It was written by the writers of CSI.  It was hilarious!

Tonight's CSI was written by Chuck Lorre, writer for Two and a Half Men.  Hope it's half as good.
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:54pm
PBS!  PBS!  PBS!  PBS!  DISCOVERY!
Love endures all.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:54pm
Try my Method! There's NEVER a night with "Nothing to watch on TV" in my house! LOL

Poiuyt Power!!!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Again, for the 300 billionth time I can not find anything on TV, so I have no choice but to watch CNN. Unhappy

Ad, I should practice what I preach, but read a book or go outside and enjoy the weather.  I do want a well rounded veep.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I'm a CSI fan.  Did anyone watch "Two and a Half Men" Monday?  It was written by the writers of CSI.  It was hilarious!

Tonight's CSI was written by Chuck Lorre, writer for Two and a Half Men.  Hope it's half as good.

I saw it too, brilliant! I will make sure I do not miss tonights episode!LOLThumbs%20Up
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:47am
There are a couple baseball games on. Not that I care about it, but watching grown men adjust their nads, spit tobbacco, and get paid to do so entertains me some what.
Hey, it's better than watching news.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 2:58am

I missed Monday's episode.  I think.  Can't remember, really.  I love that show!  Did you know there's a website where you can view those long diatribes that appear for a split second following each episode?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:20am
Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

I find myself saying that alot.  Then I have to remind myself that growing up we only had 5 channels:  ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, and UHF.  If the weather was good and we got the rabbit ears in at just the right angle (sometimes with some tin foil) we could get another UHF channel for a total of 6.  There was cable about the time I was around 15, but it was expensive.  I didn't have cable until I moved out and got a place of my own. After I remember the "good old days" I snap back to reality!

Oh yeah, we also had a black and white TV for a long time! ...and we never had a remote...us kids were the remote.

You must've grown up in the 60's & 70's like many of us here.

But wasn't PBS one of the UHF channels?

I think it was. I think they've always been on the UHF band.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:24am

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I missed Monday's episode.  I think.  Can't remember, really.  I love that show!  Did you know there's a website where you can view those long diatribes that appear for a split second following each episode?

That's the only show with a kid actor in it I've ever been able to stand watching.

I think it's Charlie Sheen who makes that show so much fun to watch.

I wonder if his dad or Emilio will ever do a guest spot.

Or maybe they already have?

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:49am
His dad dated his "mother" on the show, I think.  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 4:07am
His "real life" dad Martin Sheen?

That wouldn't surprise me.

What about Emilio Estevez?

You never see or hear from him anymore.

Maybe they're not on speaking terms or something.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 4:12am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

That's the only show with a kid actor in it I've ever been able to stand watching.

I think it's Charlie Sheen who makes that show so much fun to watch.

I wonder if his dad or Emilio will ever do a guest spot.

Or maybe they already have?

Yeah, Martin Sheen played the father of Charlie's stalker, Rose, and ends up screwing Charlie's and Allan's mother. 

Some other notables on the show included Sean Penn and Elvis Costello.  Also, Sheen's ex, Denise Richards!!

No Emilio, as far as I know.

Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:50am

For me it was always Fox on UHF.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:41am
I LOVE Two and a Half Men!  It always makes me laugh.  Always.

One of the best episodes was, I believe, the first season's finale, when the grandmother insists on taking Jake for the weekend.  He totally breaks her.  Hysterical.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:47am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

One of the best episodes was, I believe, the first season's finale, when the grandmother insists on taking Jake for the weekend.  He totally breaks her.  Hysterical.

I was horrified at the sight of all that perfectly good spaghetti, all over the furniture and walls.  I loves spaghetti!!

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 4:22pm

Growing up in the 1980's, there was ALWAYS something on TV. My family didn't get cable until 1993 but prior to that, I can't remember a time when the TV wasn't on in some room in my house. Nowadays, the TV is almost always off. We have digital cable now and it's amazing that we have all these channels but there's nothing good on.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 4:33pm
I totally agree, Mooch - there was always something good on when I was a kid. Now, I just mostly save the TV for when I want to watch a movie.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by yutolia yutolia wrote:

I totally agree, Mooch - there was always something good on when I was a kid. Now, I just mostly save the TV for when I want to watch a movie.

Ditto Here!
Poiuyt Power!!!
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 10:45pm

I think you're right Jimbo.  The UHF channels I was referring to were called the independent stations....and they were on the UHF band along with PBS.  There were 2 dials on the TV, one you would click to either UHF or VHF...right?  I forget.  The other dial had all the numbers to change to the station.  It's funny to remember this stuff!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 2:45am

Originally posted by Ryan Ferneau Ryan Ferneau wrote:

For me it was always Fox on UHF.

Yeah, but during the prehistoric era we were going back to, there was no Fox network.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 7:31pm

I think you're right Jimbo.  The UHF channels I was referring to were called the independent stations....and they were on the UHF band along with PBS.  There were 2 dials on the TV, one you would click to either UHF or VHF...right?  I forget.  The other dial had all the numbers to change to the station.  It's funny to remember this stuff!

I believe you're right. Two separate knobs on the tele. Dad even slurged and bought one of those hideous rooftop antennae.
I remember holding the ladder for him........and him cursing everytime I let go.Unhappy
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 2:55am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

That episode was on 20 minutes after you posted about it, Faith.  Yep---Thursday night 11 pm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic