Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kars4Kids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silllyads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kars4Kids
    Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 9:03pm
If you're in the NY area you've probably heard this jingle. 1877Kars4Kids Kars cars 4 kids. They have a little boy singing it but also another guy who sounds half dead singing along. Could they not pick someone else?? I can't stand it.
Sponsored Links

Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 2:00pm
They're everywhere! I've been hearing this lousy bit for years here in San Diego. Dead That kid could not carry a tune in a bucket if you riveted the bail to his hand. And that awful guitar strumming! Pinch

I am sick and tired (there's another tired cliche for you) of all the oh so worthy organizations constantly begging for the extra car, boat, plane, or real estate that I don't have! Leave us all alone! If I feel like making a donation, I'll GIVE you money, and cut the middleman out of the deal. And I do. But I make it a special point to NEVER give money to any charity that has ever begged for my car, if I can remember them doing so.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
silllyads View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silllyads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 3:32pm
We actually called one of these places when hubby got his new car and was getting rid of his old one.  It wasn't this one though. They came and got it which was cool.  But alot of these places also send you a voucher for "free 3 day vacation".  They mailed us one and I read the fine print on the voucher (nothing's for free right?) Of course you know what it was. It's a free stay at a timeshare where you are required to sit through a sales pitch. Been there done that. I don't feel like wasting a day of a vacation on that. So we never used it.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:23pm
You have no idea how much I HATE that commercial! After hearing it for a year, it now incites violent thoughts into my head. I swear to you, one of these days I'm going to run amok and start bashing radios with an axe whenever this ad plays.  
PrinceJ View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrinceJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 2:58am
"Donate your car "tuh-day" is the kid singing.  The adult man sounds a little like Mr. Ed.
"Even an old fart was once a breath of fresh air"
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 3:21am
ARG. I was wondering if anyone else has heard this irritating ad. Everything it's on, I have to turn the radio station
But luckily I don't listen to the radio much.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Ebola Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebola Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:04am
Have you all heard the version where the kid sounds like he is trying to be Jamaican? Yeah, mahn.
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 3:13am
I'm lucky to not hear the Kars4Kids on the radio. I can't imagine what feelings I'll have if I suddenly hear it.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

You have no idea how much I HATE that commercial! After hearing it for a year, it now incites violent thoughts into my head. I swear to you, one of these days I'm going to run amok and start bashing radios with an axe whenever this ad plays.  

Months later, it's STILL ON in Chicago. I want to throw my radio across the room and watch it bust into a million pieces.
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
operabuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote operabuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 6:40pm
What makes me especially annoyed about these commercials is that they assume we all know what they're talking about. I had never heard of Kars4Kids. At first, I thought it was a place where people bought cars for their teen drivers. Because of the noise in the office, I thought they were saying, "To make your car today". Since it was a charity, then I thought it was a place people made model cars, and then donated them to kids. Much later, I found out that they sold donated cars, and used the proceeds for underprivileged kids. Well, then, just say so! Tell me about your charity - don't sing to me and assume I know what you're talking about!
pklar87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pklar87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:40am
O.K. this is my first post on this forum. I'm so glad to see that other people have as much hatred for this commercial as I do. I listen to talk radio for atleast 8 hours a day so you  can only imagine how much I have to endure this commercial. That kid and that guy sound like they're very mentally challenged. Can you imagine what this commercial would look like if it was on TV?
pklar87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pklar87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:43am
oh yea, does it piss anyone else off that they spell "cars" as "kars"? wtf. I'm not donating a thing to any organization that can't even spell. sorry. spelling is a mega pet peeve of mine. 
beer316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 10:01pm
I totally agree about that Cars For Kids ad. I live in the Boston area and it is played constantly, and on stations where you you would not expect to hear it.  I think the worst part about the stupid commercial,  is that he kid sounds like he is undergoing electro-shock therapy when he sings. 
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 10:39pm
They've started playing this damn commercial again here! AngryAngryAngryAngry

Somebody hand me my axe...I'm off to 42nd Street!
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 12:26pm
They did a new recording of the jingle, using decent audio equipment. I think it even more annoying now than it was before, if that is possible!Pinch
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 8:50pm
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stand it anymore! This Censored commercial comes on during every commercial break on the station we listen to at work, which means I'm subjected to this song TWICE AN HOUR!!!!AngryAngry
AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

The black projectile you see flying through the air is my company's radio which was punted out the 12th floor window by me for hearing this ad one too many times.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:24pm
Damn, Mooch! That radio landed on my head!

You have to be VERY careful with these places. Make damn sure you have, in wiritng, the charitable contribution on the company's letterhead before you hand them the title. I donated a car to one place oh a good 11 - 12 years ago and my insurance agent talked me through what I needed to do to insure I'd get the tax write off.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 4:13am
Originally posted by PrinceJ PrinceJ wrote:

"Donate your car "tuh-day" is the kid singing.  The adult man sounds a little like Mr. Ed.

Mr Ed tries to overcompensate for the kid by singing "Donate your car tooday"

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by beer316 beer316 wrote:

I totally agree about that Cars For Kids ad. I live in the Boston area and it is played constantly, and on stations where you you would not expect to hear it.  I think the worst part about the stupid commercial,  is that he kid sounds like he is undergoing electro-shock therapy when he sings. 

Welcome to CIH, beer316! Big smile

This ad is back on the radio in Chicagoland. Angry

If this ad were a TV ad, it would most likely be a piece of CGI crap which would air constantly on MeTV and MeToo to make a buck and make us mad!  Unhappy
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:33am
I heard it on WCBS in a cab ride from IOL it is AWFUL

THAT KID CANNOT SING and the adult was dull as hell!

I hope I never hear it again!!! It got me mad as I was listening to it I was squeezing my fist out of sure agony!!!!Angry

You can hear the jingle here if you ever feel like torturing your ears with this awful commercial

http://www.kars4kids.org/jingle/jingle-index.asp?acp=8361&gclid=CKimtLS2_6gCFUho5QodugNoSQ
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 5:02pm
WCBS-FM is the station that we play here at work and they tend to play this ad a lot...HOLY CRAP, IT JUST CAME ON THE RADIO!!!

*sound of Mooch screaming and tearing apart the radio*
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:29pm
Mooch, I listen to Q104 (WAXQ) and they play it on that station, too.

I would love to hear one of the DJs on an open mic say something like "I can't stand this friggin' ad!"
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 9:54pm
Imus did live on the radio he said quote "shut up" LOL

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:17am
Ad, that had me rolling! Tears were falling down my cheeks! I normally don't agree with Don Imus but this time I do!
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 7:10pm
That is hillarious. I always thought the DJ's went to the bathroom or something during the ads. I'd love to hear a DJ's prospective on ads they hear to death.
This is your brain on commercials.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic