Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Popeye's Chicken

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ycart-s-annoyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Popeye's Chicken
    Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 1:41am
I cannot stand!!!!!....the new Popeye's chicken commercial with the lady who is supposed to be their COOK.  The one where she says: [takes me 12 hours to cook this].  I get so annoyed by the commercial.
Sponsored Links

DolFan 316 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DolFan 316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 1:44am
If it really took their workers 12 hours to cook enough food for a single order, Popeye's would've gone out of business about a week after they started LOL
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 1:46am
didnt KFC also push this idea of a "cook" in the kitchen? since when is placing chicken in a deep fryer cooking?
DolFan 316 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DolFan 316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 1:52am
Originally posted by specialkt specialkt wrote:

didnt KFC also push this idea of a "cook" in the kitchen? since when is placing chicken in a deep fryer cooking?

Yup. As if fast food "cooks" were now gourmet chefs all of a sudden LOL
ycart-s-annoyed View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ycart-s-annoyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 1:59am
It just works me when she say MMMMM MMMMM MMMMM (with attitude)...
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 7:16am
KFC has cooks, Popeye's has cooks.  Pretty soon all the other greasy spoon commercials will be showing off their cooks.  This is stupid.
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 9:51am
But at least the chicken is good.   Better than that Kentucky Grilled Chicken!   Eww
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 3:41pm
LOVE POPEYES...HATE THE COMMERCIALS!!!!!!!!LOL
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 6:10pm
I just can't stand her!  She is so superior to us all, or so she thinks.
Peevetronic5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peevetronic5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 6:40pm
When this commercial comes on I feel a strong urge to strap myself into my chair to prevent me from falling on my face. Certain commercials, and or messages on commercials are easily ignorable for me, but when that lady says it'll make you "fall on your face", I want to throw my remote at her.  I would have to either put a lot of effort into, or be really drunk to fall on my face, from a seated position, thank you.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 6:45pm
I hate the part when she's talking about getting 9 pieces of chicken for $7.99. "Where you gonna get a deal that good to feed your family, no where that's where!"

She doesn't even leave a good pause, she just jumps right into answering her own question. 
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 9:51pm
I can buy a whole roaster chicken at the market.
Like $1.99/lb, I enjoy making fried chicken in my cast iron pan.
Popeye's makes really good food but the commercials suck hard.
Pitch the flavor, pitch the healthy oil in the fryer, the price isn't good enough to carry it.
was feeling nostalgic
captainprotege View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captainprotege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 9:58pm
next thing you know, McDonald's will try to pass their stuff off as a high class expense.. oh wait they already do

The Last Brain Left View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Last Brain Left Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 10:38pm

Yes, but Popeye's ad differs from KFC's big time. Black and white, literally.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill
The Last Brain Left View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Last Brain Left Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by clamshell clamshell wrote:

I just can't stand her!  She is so superior to us all, or so she thinks.

She's a stereotypical black mother. Attitude is a given.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill
not_a_dumb_dad View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not_a_dumb_dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 1:57am
Only had Popeye's once...it was okay, but it was in an airport so it may not have been the best they offer.
Advertising is a racket, like the movies and the brokerage business. You cannot be honest without admitting that its constructive contribution to humanity is exactly minus zero.
ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 6:12pm
"LOO-SEE-ANNA - FAY-UST!"

Ugh.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 6:33pm
We used to LOVE Popeye's 'Dirty Rice' (until I found some dirt in my rice) and beans...their spicy chicken was o.k. We were more 'Church's Chicken' folks when we lived below the Mason-Dixon Line.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 5:06am

I remember the KFC "cook" looking really greasy and sweaty...a definite turn-OFF to eating their food.  At least the Popeye's "cook" is a little more authentic in her, let's say, ethnic persuasion.

Before the tidal wave starts, I'm half black so I can say that! Wink  Don't you love double standards?
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:29pm
Yeah, these ads are annoying but I'm willing to overlook it because I LOVE their chicken and biscuits. (I know; it seems stereotypical because I'm black and I love fried chicken but it's the truth).
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 1:46am
Originally posted by pinniped pinniped wrote:

KFC has cooks, Popeye's has cooks.  Pretty soon all the other greasy spoon commercials will be showing off their cooks. 

But none of them have.......the Swedish Chef!

BORK! BORK! BORK! Big%20smile
Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 3:14am
Originally posted by ToxicShock ToxicShock wrote:

"LOO-SEE-ANNA - FAY-UST!"

Ugh.

Ugh yea, that aint Louisiana food, Angry   theres nothin cajun about it ughh
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

We used to LOVE Popeye's 'Dirty Rice' (until I found some dirt in my rice) and beans...their spicy chicken was o.k. We were more 'Church's Chicken' folks when we lived below the Mason-Dixon Line.
Popeye's dirty rice, NOW WITH REAL DIRT!LOL
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
NotBuyingIt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotBuyingIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 1:36am
I wondered when I would see a thread about this ad. That lady annoys me. I don't like her attitude. But what really annoys me is that I can't enjoy Popeye's chicken if I wanted to because I live in Ohio and as far as I know there are none of those restaurants around me. Same with Sonics. I must put up with their ads when I can't even try their product, which is the whole point of showing me the ad!
What many ad execs do with most of their time.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 6:14am
I live in Ohio and as far as I know there are Sonics in Columbus and the one closest to me is in Streetsboro. Also there's 3 Popeye's chicken's in my neck of the woods. I take it you live on the outskirts or in central Ohio...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic