Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Axmen - Where's your fingers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Axmen - Where's your fingers?
    Posted: 07 May 2008 at 5:56am
Anybody see the commercials run on the History Channel for Axmen?   (This season's 'Ice Road Truckers' I guess.)

They keep showing how dangerous of a job it is, then they keep using a guy who holds up his hand and he's missing most of his fingers.   It's just a nub with a finger or two sticking out.    The problem is they use it in every commercial.

Good god almighty.  It is almost as bad as the fungus lifting the toenail.  
Sponsored Links

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 6:23pm
History/Discovery and the lot have all lost their way.

Ice Road Truckers was ALMOST entertaining but fell short so they moved to the woods and I watched two f them so far. (I live in Portland, Oregon and grew up near one of the towns showcased on the show and know the family of a logger on there)
Man, it is boring as hell. Then I realized, or my wife made me realize when she said, "Why watch a show about stuff we grew up around? Logging and rednecks are everywhere why spend an hour trying to make it interesting?"
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:35am
Maybe they show the guy's nubs so we could see just how dangerous it is. I watched their first episode, mehh, it looks hard. Glad someone else is doing it.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:00am
Using Jimi Hendrix as theme music is awesome.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:04pm
That man lost his fingers doing a manly job like being a lumberjack. I bet he takes no crap from Smart Mommy wife.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:14pm
Was it his wedding band finger sawn off??Wink
sanguinivorous View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanguinivorous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

History/Discovery and the lot have all lost their way.

Agreed. I have no idea where they got the idea that every last little profession on the face of the Earth deserved its own reality series, but I'm seriously sick of that crap. There's even one called "Parking Wars" that's about meter maids. Meter maids, for Christ's sake!!!

"Hey, look everyone! Parking Wars is on! They're about to put a boot on some guy's car again!" 

Ooooooooooooooh...just thinking about it gets me so excited that I almost want to touch myself. Unhappy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic