Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disneyland: "We're too excited to sleep!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disneyland: "We're too excited to sleep!"
    Posted: 01 May 2008 at 4:39am
I absolutely HATE the whole Disney thing, but I do love the commercial with the little kids who are too excited to sleep, because they're going to Disneyland the next day.

I just love the little boy, and the way he says, "We're too excited to sleep!"  It makes me smile every time!  Go fig.Confused
Sponsored Links

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 12:49pm
I also like when the Husband mumbles "I'm too exited to sleep" cute ad.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:37pm
I like the one where the team of horses with carriage pulls up to the house to whisk them away for a magical vacation.

It's extra fun in suround sound.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 2:11pm

I also like it. Memories come flooding back; I lived a few years in Costa Mesa, when I was a kid - Dad took us to Disneyland - and I was exactly the same way! In fact, I still get that way (I love amusement parks).

(Yea, Walt was still alive and JFK, at that time, just recently wasn't)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 3:50pm
I like this one, too.

But contrast it to the commercial for Circus, Circus in Reno, in which the adults have their faces painted and are jumping up and down with glee, and outta control with excitement on the hotel room bed, while the kids sit calmly watching TV.  I assume this is a regional ad, but, Faith (or any other northern Californians/Nevadans)---have you seen it?  I can't stand this one.

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 5:45pm
I haven't seen it, Thor.  That doesn't mean it hasn't run here, but it does mean that if it has run here, the audio isn't jarring enough to distract me from whatever else I'm doing at the time.
Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:03am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I just love the little boy, and the way he says, "We're too excited to sleep!"  It makes me smile every time!  Go fig.Confused

That's actually the line I hate the most!  I was surprised to see it here in the "don't hate" section.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 3:03am
I love this ad for its "feel good" feeling.  Just the basic core of a family getting excited to see Mickey and The Enchanted Castle and Epcot.  I was 26 when my late Dad took my 22 year old sister, Mom,  and me to Disney.   It was so much fun.   My Mom did all the rides and she had vertigo.  She went on the Teacups ride and said the whole place needed to be re-named "Walt-Dizzy-Whirl"!     Big%20smile
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

I love this ad for its "feel good" feeling.  Just the basic core of a family getting excited to see Mickey and The Enchanted Castle and Epcot.  I was 26 when my late Dad took my 22 year old sister, Mom,  and me to Disney.   It was so much fun.   My Mom did all the rides and she had vertigo.  She went on the Teacups ride and said the whole place needed to be re-named "Walt-Dizzy-Whirl"!     Big%20smile

I just woke up and I guess I'm still a little fuzzy.  I just read your post and thought your sister's name was "Mom".

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

I just woke up and I guess I'm still a little fuzzy.  I just read your post and thought your sister's name was "Mom".

Well it could be.  She does have two children. Wink
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 5:47am
Yeah, Ryan, I'm with you. The way the kid says "We're too excited to sleep" is ...well, I'm not sure what the adjective is, but it's NOT attractive. The kid to me looks weird, too, like an old man or something, can't put my finger on it.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Stacy Stacy wrote:

Yeah, Ryan, I'm with you. The way the kid says "We're too excited to sleep" is ...well, I'm not sure what the adjective is, but it's NOT attractive. The kid to me looks weird, too, like an old man or something, can't put my finger on it.

It could be the innocence.  That tends to make people uneasy.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 3:51pm
I'm in the "awwwwwww" camp; I think the little guy is cute...although he looks alarmingly like what Gilbert Godfried might have been as a child!!

I especially like the Dad line, followed by the off-camera, "I heard that!"
Love endures all.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 10:52pm
I dig that one. The carriage one I can't stand. It is more smug and seems forced, but this one seems familiar to me.
I have heard that urgency in childrens' voices.  That laugh/burst of proclamation. Seems real.

Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:59am
Do you remember the one with the "I've been to Mars" kid?  Get it, see, 'cause there's a simulator ride where you go to Mars...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic