Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Overly Happy Playtex Gentle Glide Tampon Dancers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overly Happy Playtex Gentle Glide Tampon Dancers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overly Happy Playtex Gentle Glide Tampon Dancers
    Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 10:07pm

I'd like to know what the adholes who came up with this one were smoking -- it's got to be one of the worst commercials of all time.Wacko

The women featured in this commercial are extremely happy about this product.  In fact, they're sooooo happy about these tampons, it's as if they're thrilled to be on the rag just so they can use them!  Snazzy, upbeat music is playing in the background, while these daffy chicks are wearing colorful, swirly-flowing (no pun intended!Big%20smile) dresses, dancing and twirling about, and leaping into the air at astonishing heights.  They're so damned high on life that they're giddy!Confused 

All I can say is I wish I could be that happy when it's that time of the month.Cry 
Sponsored Links

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:58pm
Oh, I hate this ad, too. It gets on my nerves and the song is horrible (every time I hear it, I think she's singing "sh*t into glide".

What planet are these women on that make them so happy to get their "monthly bill"? They're wearing light, summery dresses with wide skirts (I guess to indicate how the crotch missile opens up inside) and dancing with wide smiles on their faces. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't feel like dancing and smiling when I'm on the rag. I'm too busy writhing in pain, running to the bathroom every 20 minutes and cursing my uterus to do anything those fembots in the ad do.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 4:40pm
I also hate how these ads refer to their products as "delicate and feminine" there is not one thing delicate about the whole female experience, it's pretty much all painful and messy!Dead
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 7:39pm
Shift intoooo GLIDE!

Gawd how I hate those commercials. It's a shame that those are probably some of the best tampons I have used. But yeah, I hate that song so effin' much!

I can guess that no guys will participate, lol.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Heygusgus View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heygusgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:00am
Crap! Now I'm scared that the one I'm wearing only opens width wise. Time to go to wal*Mart!
What should we do?- Michael cera
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:05am

I've never worn a tampon.  I can't find any that match my shoes.   LOL   

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Heygusgus View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heygusgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:07am
Maybe some black It cordinates with the white. But I don't know if it will cordinate with the green string lolTongue
What should we do?- Michael cera
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 3:10am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

I assume you don't wear white? Wink
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 3:32am
Originally posted by J.R. J.R. wrote:

Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

I assume you don't wear white? Wink

No.....RED.   Wink   I don't wear red shoes.   Not purposely anyway.  But ask any female over 40 on that and you may get all kinds of gross answers.  LOLConfusedAngry
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:48pm
Eww. You guys. Knock it off. Need I remind you that I am 15? I have virgin ears/eyes! You've all taken 75% of my eye/ear virginity and I intend to keep the last shred! Damn it!
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic