Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Buzzed driving is drunk driving"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Buzzed driving is drunk driving"
    Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 8:24pm
I think this is a nationally-broadcast radio commercial--US DOT commercial about when you haven't "just one-too many to drive".  The part that cracks me up every single time, even though I've heard it a hundred times..

"Greg decides to free-style rap.  He keep repeating the line, 'I don't read no gobble-dee gook...........BOOOOOOOYYYYYY!'"
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 9:03pm
I like the fact many folks decide 'buzzed public transpotation riding is stupid social climbing'...(hey! *I* do it!).
It just gets strange when you get the loud rappers (all lookin' like 'Little Stevie Wonder's, in their shades) in 'da back-o-'de-bus...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 4:45am

My brain is scarred from taking the light rail out of downtown denver late at night, especially during the summer.  Buzzed public transportation, hammered public transportation....I've seen things I don't dare speak of...

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:30am
Yesterday, I was driving, with my son in the passenger seat.  We passed a little turnoff where this woman was waiting in a car at the YIELD sign.  David (my son) yells, "Oh my God! She's smoking a bowl while she's sitting at the YIELD sign!"  And he kept looking back. She was tying up traffic, just sitting there, getting stoned.

San Francisco has a new-ish law that marijuana is the lowest priority, offense-wise.  But still.  The woman is on the road getting stoned.  Sheesh.  Even here, she should be arrested for that.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:44pm
sounds like Portland Oregon.
We have hempfest and people light up on the lawn there but also in the park and just leaning against a tree, people can light up.

I was at an arts fest one night and the cops were ticketing people riding their bikes high.
Not for the pot but the being under the influence.
Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 11:47pm
You know, it's no surprise that drunks (esp. drunk drivers alike) rhyme like a headless goose. Disapprove
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 11:45pm
That ad was the first drunk driving ad that didn't scar me for life. Cracks me up.
The new ones in this campaigne show people in accidents or in the hospital, and the drunk driver says, "I was just buzzed."
Then the victim or the doctor says something like, "Oh, you were just buzzed, then everything's okay," and the victim suddenly is back to normal.
The drunk driver goes, "Really?" The victim or the doctor says, "No, not really."
Sorry if that was unclear. I think that's a really effective PSA, and it's a heck of a lot better than some of the suckiness the Ad Council has put out recently.
This is your brain on commercials.
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 1:50am
Do they mean buzzed on Alcohol in these commercials or something else?
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 6:05am
I had assumed they meant alcohol, but what's the difference?  Impaired is impaired, whatever the substance that causes the impairment.  Nobody should drive when they're impaired.
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 6:44am
And that is the point-refuting people who say 'Naw, I'm not drunk, I'm just buzzed.' Most people say 'buzzed' to mean 'a little bit drunk'.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 6:50am
Exactly, Irishman.  I haven't seen the commercials, but I've seen ads on bus kiosks in the city, and I liked the idea right away.
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Irishman Irishman wrote:

And that is the point-refuting people who say 'Naw, I'm not drunk, I'm just buzzed.' Most people say 'buzzed' to mean 'a little bit drunk'.

Ah okay, that's what they mean...yeah drunk drivers should def call a cab and NOT be on the road....too many innocents have been killed due to these morons.....case in point that poor Baseball fella..only 22.  And the 22 year-old idiot that caused his demise is still alive....what crap!
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic