Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Billy Mays challenges ShamWow Vince

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Billy Mays challenges ShamWow Vince
    Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 9:21pm

Sponsored Links

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 10:42pm

I admit dissappointment that after all the work I put in to put this together, not one person ('cept me) even looked at it.  Cry  LOL

snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 5:03am
Don't fret! I checked em out and the first tube clip is scary how much ShamWow copied Zorbeez, atleast I think Mays beat Vince to the magical orange money towel. That last clip, ugh the cool kid that just had to have the nose piercing...so...dumb...it hurts the eyes, but admittedly I did find the last 15 seconds of his clip funny.

"It's like a towel, it's like a shammy, it's like a stupid piece of crap. Every time you use it you'll say why? Why did I waste my money on this stupid piece of crap? Here's one now, watch it dance."

"Yarrr! I'm a pirate now. I dunno, this thing just sells itself."

Good stuff. LOL
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 5:24am
Originally posted by snooze snooze wrote:

Don't fret! I checked em out and the first tube clip is scary how much ShamWow copied Zorbeez, atleast I think Mays beat Vince to the magical orange money towel. That last clip, ugh the cool kid that just had to have the nose piercing...so...dumb...it hurts the eyes, but admittedly I did find the last 15 seconds of his clip funny.

"It's like a towel, it's like a shammy, it's like a stupid piece of crap. Every time you use it you'll say why? Why did I waste my money on this stupid piece of crap? Here's one now, watch it dance."

"Yarrr! I'm a pirate now. I dunno, this thing just sells itself."

Good stuff. LOL

I bought ShamWows.  They don't work like the ad says.  That's why when he put the ShamWow on the floor and beats on it and beats on it and beats on it again, the he goes to wring it out in the bowl and not ONE drop comes out.  I was ROFL.

saaaammmmm View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saaaammmmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 10:09pm
I had a friend that used a Shamwow on a cut. It stopped the bleeding, permanetly.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 7:53am
MM, I watched a comparison on YouTube, and ShamWow won.  They said that although the instructions don't say so, the ShamWow has to be wet in order to absorb other liquid.  Have you tried that?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 2:45pm
I bought ShamWows yesterday.  They'd better be worth it...for $20!  I'll post back with my findings.
Dielere View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dielere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 3:16am
I got a shamwow from Wallgreens. The commercial said its only available on TV. I guess if there going to lie about something that simple, the statement about it being a great towel must be the opposite of the truth. 
One hand on the gear, the other hand on the beer. Thats how I roll bitches!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I bought ShamWows yesterday.  They'd better be worth it...for $20!  I'll post back with my findings.

Come on Thor, we're still waiting for the test results.  Wink

prolefeedprocessor View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolefeedprocessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 8:08am
I'm going to be hearing that in my sleep. That's CAAAAAAAAAAYSH in the TRAAAAAAAAYSH.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

I admit dissappointment that after all the work I put in to put this together, not one person ('cept me) even looked at it.  Cry  LOL

Little did you know that at the time you posted it, that Billy Mays had just over 4 months to live.

I'm wondering if maybe this thread didn't have something to do with his death.... Ermm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 3:21pm

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Come on Thor, we're still waiting for the test results.  Wink

(Two years later  LOL)

Ooops.  Sorry.

Waste of $19.  They're worth $1.  Like a roll of decent paper towels.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Little did you know that at the time you posted it, that Billy Mays had just over 4 months to live.

I'm wondering if maybe this thread didn't have something to do with his death.... Ermm

Could be.

In the 1970s I got into Chicago (the band) then the lead guitarist accidently killed himself.
So I went back to listening to The Who, then Keith Moon died.
Then I kind of got into the Muppets.  Then Jim Henson died.
Then I started getting into watching Billy Mays show with Anthony, then Billy Mays dies.

Yeah, so it must be me.

Kreinas View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreinas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 9:24pm
Shamwows do work, but not as good as promised. The trick is to get it wet BEFORE you use it.
Check out my Blog. It's pretty great if I do say so myself!

Kreinas.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic