Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mens Warehouse-That Raspy Voice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 12:52am
I never knew his name. 

BTW I don't' know how old this picture is:
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Sponsored Links

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 1:11am
George Zimmer that's it.  I think he has said his name in commercials before, because I know I've heard it.

His voice doesn't bother me.  I guess because mine in somewhat similar to his.  Same pitch, but not as wraspy, probably because I don't smoke.

Just like a young Al Pacino in the Godfather.  His voice wasn't wraspy then.

ForumAdmin and now Faith are the only ones we really know what they sound like.  Big%20smile

ForumAdmin kind of reminds me of Brian Dunkelman of first year American Idol.

QuestForComedy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuestForComedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 1:55am
OMG !!, thats the  55 yr old dude who is on his fifth wife!!!  {we still don't know what happened to the last four}, so drew peterson is the man with the raspy voice.

I have this missing wife case all figured out now!!!Clap
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 2:26am
He does look like Drew Peterson, but he is George Zimmer.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 2:34am
George Zimmer.  By all accounts, he's a very nice man.  (Thor said that, too.)  It's his place; I sincerely doubt that Billy Mays or Vince Offer is going to be hawking The Men's Wearhouse.  And I actually bought some clothing for an ex there; they had very nice clothes and the prices were great.

I think he has a soothing voice.  Compared to most people who advertise their own products (think about most car dealership commercials), he's just fine.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 2:41am
Embarrassed  Jeff Zimmer - NBC

George Zimmer - Men's Wearhouse
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuestForComedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 3:02am
Im sure Im gonna like the way I look in his line of suits, but what worries me is what will I do in case I get attacked by a Kangaroo? are these suits Kangaroo Proof??
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 4:22am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Embarrassed  Jeff Zimmer - NBC

George Zimmer - Men's Wearhouse

Andrew Zimmern - Bizarre Foods - Travel Channel

When he says "You're gonna love my nuts" he literally means NUTS.   As in animal testicles. LOLLOLLOL
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

I don't know why, but he seems kinda Thuggy" to me, like he could sell suits to gangsters or something. Glad to know that he's a nice guy. " your gonna like the way you look, OR ELSE"

LOLLOL
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 1:28am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Compared to most people who advertise their own products (think about most car dealership commercials), he's just fine.

You mean like "Cal Worthington and his dog Spot"?Dead
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

LOL

"Hi this is Vince for Men's Warehouse, are you tired of dogs peeing on your suits and staining them? well no more!!!! CHECK THIS OUT!!! Quick get that dog in here, are you following me camera guy? get that dog to pee!!!!! that's it!!! now watch this!! the pee FALLS AWAY!!! you know why because this suit is made from ShamWow material!! which is made by Germans, and you know they make great stuff. Now throw some soda on there thats it!!! it FALLS AWAY! and some wine that's it IT FALLS AWAY!!! some popcorn that's it IT FALLS AWAY!!! throw some dogsh*t that's it IT FALLS AWAY!!! Now we can't do this all day but if you buy one suit you get TWO FOR FREE are you listening TWO FOR FREE!!! so get your ass down to Men's Warehouse NOW!!!! I won't be waiting all day!!!"

Just make sure you don't get Shamwow underwear to go with it.   "Now put on the pants! that's it!  ...whoops, or maybe not-- the pants FALL AWAY!!! We'd sell a Shamwow belt to solve this problem, but the belt loops kept falling off the pants!"
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 5:36am
I remember reading a little bio blurb.
He left college, borrowed money from his dad and started out buying old wholesale suits and taking off the labels.
When he was trying to think of a motto he wanted to say, "You're gonna like the way you look, and that's a fact Jack"
because he loved the movie Stripes.
When I read that I gained a new respect for him. Now when I hear the ads I say the Jack comment to myself
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 5:52am

George Zimmer.  By all accounts, he's a very nice man.  (Thor said that, too.)  It's his place; I sincerely doubt that Billy Mays or Vince Offer is going to be hawking The Men's Wearhouse.  And I actually bought some clothing for an ex there; they had very nice clothes and the prices were great.

I think he has a soothing voice.  Compared to most people who advertise their own products (think about most car dealership commercials), he's just fine.

Faith, do you remember Paul of The Diamond Center?

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 6:10am
Wow, I always thought these were local ads.   That "suit" guy has been on for as long as I can remember watching TV.   LOL
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuestForComedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I never knew his name. 

Hey, isn't this the guy from "Home Improvement"? remember that show, forgot his name, he had his own show on ABC and his assistant was some dude who looked like Billy Mays's  twin brother?Clap
promontorium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote promontorium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 9:49pm
Are you from a different country? Were you born yesterday? This guys been doing the same commercials my whole life, and I'm not too young.
I love commercials, for the most part.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I never knew his name. 

I took ONE look at the pic and almost dropped. Some years back, there was an EBONICS LESSON VIDEO; he was on the left side, while a Gangsta was on the right. It was very reminiscent of something from Rosetta Stone, and actually pretty funny.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 10:14pm
I own a pair of pants I bought there.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I own a pair of pants I bought there.

I'm glad you own them. Because if you didn't, we might think that you gave them away or something.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 4:20pm
You should compare the cool, smooth George Zimmer of today's Men's Wearhouse ads with the harsh New-York-accent finger-waving George Zimmer of the early 80's Mens Wearhouse ads. You'll agree he's made a lot of improvement.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 3:55am
Nothing was worse than the NYC area '80's  "CRAZY EDDIE!! HIS PRICES ARE.......Innnnnnnnn.....SANE!!" ads!  LOL Dead  Behold: 

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Local_Avail View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Local_Avail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by QuestForComedy QuestForComedy wrote:

Hey, isn't this the guy from "Home Improvement"? remember that show, forgot his name, he had his own show on ABC and his assistant was some dude who looked like Billy Mays's  twin brother?Clap

No, the guy from Home Improvement is the guy from the old  Hillshire Farms commercials they did a few years before that stupid Go Meat campaign.
Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Faith, do you remember Paul of The Diamond Center?

Thor, I didn't see this until just now (it was posted when I was leaving for Jersey when my Dad was sick).

Yes, Paul of  "de Dimond Center."  And "Hi, Kids!  Ed Barbar, President of Furniture USA!"  Of course, there was also Stephen Matthew David of Matthews' electronics (I can't remember if it was just "Matthews'") "Top of the Hill, Daly City."

Ah, memories.  Those were all back when you were the doorman at The Other Cafe, and I was pretty new to San Francisco.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:48am
Can't someone please fix the title of this thread?  It's Raspy, not Wraspy.  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:59am
I forgot about Matthews, "Top of the Hill, Daly City".  They used to give away bikes with their electronics, I recall. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic