Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mens Warehouse-That Raspy Voice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mens Warehouse-That Raspy Voice
    Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

But what's more interesting is the blatant resurrection that this thread received. Full on necromancy here.

A classic well-fitting suit is timeless.  I guarantee it.

Besides, corpses need classic, well-fitting suits, too.

Sponsored Links

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 7:42pm
Cali and Oregon and Washington too. But what's more interesting is the blatant resurrection that this thread received. Full on necromancy here.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 6:17pm
Wow - all those places - NY, IL, Cincy - you all must like the way you look. They guarantee it!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 6:00pm
I cannot think of one place I've been where I haven't seen this commercial.
And yea - I travel just to watch T.V.
Wink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 5:42pm
My soon to be son in law, his groomsmen, and my ex-husband will be getting their tuxes from M.W. for the May wedding.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 5:34pm
Cincy

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 4:52pm
They are here in New England too.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 4:41pm
Men's Wearhouse is also in IL and NY.  We see the raspy voiced commercials all the time.

Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 4:38pm
Men's Wearhouse is based in Houston. I always thought they were local to the San Francisco Bay Area, because they sponsored most of the sports teams' TV and radio broadcasts, and always seemed to advertise during local news.
BeachWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 3:29pm
Hi Stacey... well..I am in NJ ... I am guessing he is way out there...you hear what I hear and I am glad you like it too!  a lot!!m
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 6:03am
You mean this commercial is national?! I thought it was just in the Philly area; it just has that "local" feel to it. Anyway, I LIKE the voice, I think it's kind of sexy, too.
BeachWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:50pm

Winkwow. I love this guy.. how can you dislike him?  Sexy!!

ShutUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShutUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 5:57pm

I can't stand that guy's voice. Hate it hate it hate it!

There is one good things about the Men's Wearhouse guy's WHORRIBLE, WRASPY voice: I ended up finding this site through google.

IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 7:08pm
Aw, I liked the "wraspy" spelling. It made it funnier.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 6:13pm
You now it Faith!
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 6:13pm

Believe it or not 'Warehouse' is also spelled incorrectly, as far as this company is concerned. It's 'Mens WEARhouse.'

Between this guy's business, and the now-defunct 'Wherehouse' record-store chain in the Bay Area, I couldn't spell 'warehouse' correctly for years!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 5:53pm
Thank you, Holly.  And Thor has it right.  When it's in the title, which shows up on the forums page all the time, yes.  Wright, Hooty.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm with Faith on that.  Especially when it's in the title of the thread.  I'm used to it in the posts.

Kiss-ass.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 3:13pm
I'm with Faith on that.  Especially when it's in the title of the thread.  I'm used to it in the posts.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Can't someone please fix the title of this thread?  It's Raspy, not Wraspy.  

For the sake of Faith's sanity Wink -

Done.

That's our Faith.

She hates it when someone spells a word rong.  Wright Faith?  Wink
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 1:52pm

For the sake of Faith's sanity Wink -

Done.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:59am
I forgot about Matthews, "Top of the Hill, Daly City".  They used to give away bikes with their electronics, I recall. 

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:48am
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

George Zimmer.  By all accounts, he's a very nice man.  (Thor said that, too.)  It's his place; I sincerely doubt that Billy Mays or Vince Offer is going to be hawking The Men's Wearhouse.  And I actually bought some clothing for an ex there; they had very nice clothes and the prices were great.

I think he has a soothing voice.  Compared to most people who advertise their own products (think about most car dealership commercials), he's just fine.

Faith, do you remember Paul of The Diamond Center?

Thor, I didn't see this until just now (it was posted when I was leaving for Jersey when my Dad was sick).

Yes, Paul of  "de Dimond Center."  And "Hi, Kids!  Ed Barbar, President of Furniture USA!"  Of course, there was also Stephen Matthew David of Matthews' electronics (I can't remember if it was just "Matthews'") "Top of the Hill, Daly City."

Ah, memories.  Those were all back when you were the doorman at The Other Cafe, and I was pretty new to San Francisco.
Local_Avail View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Local_Avail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by QuestForComedy QuestForComedy wrote:

Hey, isn't this the guy from "Home Improvement"? remember that show, forgot his name, he had his own show on ABC and his assistant was some dude who looked like Billy Mays's  twin brother?Clap

No, the guy from Home Improvement is the guy from the old  Hillshire Farms commercials they did a few years before that stupid Go Meat campaign.
Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic