Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too many actors reading the same ad copy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too many actors reading the same ad copy
    Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 3:38pm
I was reminded of something like that a while back, while watching YouTube. Some time ago there was a Pringles potato chip commercial with a little kid pronouncing "crunch" as "cwunch" while singing the jingle (which is a popular subject here - little kids actually chosen for their little speech problems). Anyway, during the next commercial in the same ad campaign, with a different cast, sure enough there was a different kid saying "cwunch"! And probably a third one, I don't remember. So, what might have started out as "cute" to x amount of people ended up sounding pretty "calculated."
Sponsored Links

Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 10:55am
Not quite exactly in line with the category description, but I hate getting the same radio ad copy read by a different actor! Today, it was the EverCleanse ad, or however it is spelled. It was extremely annoying before, and it has not improved by having some other idiot read EXACTLY the same copy, using EXACTLY the same cadence and vocal inflections, et cetera.

This is like those fake telephone interview ads, such as those damned things offering to give free stays in a Las Vegas resort (aka Time Share) "and what about, you don't pay a dime for it!!!!!!!". Every radio station had their local guy or gal read EXACTLY the same "interview" ad copy as all the other thousands of radio stations across the country.  Doing that rubs your nose in the fact that the interview is fake. And if Rosanne Barr is shilling for anything, pretty certain that I will have no use for it, whatever "it" is. 
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic