Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

100 Calorie Oreos = Screaming Women

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 100 Calorie Oreos = Screaming Women
    Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 6:49am
This is the most annoying, degrading commercial I've seen in a long time. I'm not even a woman and I'm still offended by it. An Oreo truck is driving through town and basically when the women see the 100 calorie sign on the side all hell breaks lose. Every woman in the city starts shrieking and running at the truck, screaming like lunatics. The men all stand around looking confused, which was basically my reaction. Finally the mob of hungry women reach the truck and literally turn it over onto it's side, spilling their crappy chocolate rewards all over the street. They stand around the truck eating the Oreo cakes like vultures picking at a dead carcass. Confused

Sponsored Links

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 7:21am
And let's not forget that screaming is just fucking annoying as hell.    I can't stand it and it is the biggest turn off to a product.    I don't like being aurally assaulted by an obnoxious wanker on my TV.   That does not give me kind thoughts about your product.    
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 7:23am
Banquo View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 7:45am
Ah sorry, I figured someone would have posted it by now but I did a search and couldn't find it. Guess I should have searched more than just titles. Embarrassed
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 3:30pm
wow two separate threads about the same subject and both are right next to each other, what a coincidence!LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 10:10pm
What surprises me is that they didn't replace the screaming women with young teenyboppers (like those at NSuck/NSync concerts).  Would've been funny though. LOLBig%20smile
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 5:49am
Originally posted by Banquo Banquo wrote:

Ah sorry, I figured someone would have posted it by now but I did a search and couldn't find it. Guess I should have searched more than just titles. Embarrassed

Not your fault, Banquo.  It would have been easier if the other thread had had the name of the product in the title, as you did.  Wink
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 5:59am
This commecial deserves ten threads.    It sucks that bad!!!

I cringe when it comes on!!!!
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2009 at 3:48am
They're not portrayed by teeny-boppers b/c it's the older women who need to be more weight-conscious. Teenage girls can eat loads of crap and not gain weight- could be due to eating disorders or methanphetamines or just the high metabolism of youth- regardless, they don't *need* to keep 100-calorie packs in their cubicles as a crutch to get through yet another lousy-ass day.
QuestForComedy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuestForComedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 5:19am
Confused i thought this was the trailer for Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" part three. Unhappy
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 9:24pm
Wow, men have been depicted as mindless, incompetent morons in commercials for two decades, and I don't see anyone protesting that.

Suddenly, there's finally ONE commercial where men aren't the target, and people are crying about it?
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 10:24pm
Time for these fucking sweatpants manatees to shut the fuck up!!

SCREAMING IS SO FUCKING IRRITATING!!!! Angry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 4:14am
the driver should of sped up and hit the brakes.Evil%20Smile

WHAP!!!! no more screaming.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Banquo View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 4:38am
Originally posted by TheNilvarg TheNilvarg wrote:

Wow, men have been depicted as mindless, incompetent morons in commercials for two decades, and I don't see anyone protesting that.

Suddenly, there's finally ONE commercial where men aren't the target, and people are crying about it?

Haven't been here long, huh? Wink

The "dumb daddy" type commercials have always been hated on here.
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 5:12am
No, I haven't, but I'm happy to learn that.
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2009 at 2:56am
I've been meaning to complain about this one for a long time!  This commercial is number one on my list for the mute button (except for Billy Mays).  Besides the annoying background music, who wants to listen to a bunch of screaming nutty women? 
jlprizm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlprizm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 7:11am
Haha..thank you. that made my day. I haven't seen this commercial but just from your explanation I want to not see it at all costs. Though sadly I'm not surprised.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic