Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Goodies for grown-ups"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Goodies for grown-ups"
    Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 5:16pm

The ad for Oreo Cakesters (?) 100-calorie packs, with all the SCRRREEEEEAAAAAAMMMMIIIINNNGGGG!!!!! hordes of women charging down the street to loot a truck full of these things.

First of all, these women are not acting like grown-ups; they're acting like toddlers who just happen to be in adult bodies, going after an ice-cream truck.

Second, if a grown woman gets THAT EXCITED over three (I'm guessing that's how many = 100 calories) tiny cookies to a pouch, then clearly she's starving herself too much.

I like the motto that says, "If you're gonna have a cookie, have a cookie!" I forget which company's motto that was, though.

Seriously, ladies: Allow yourselves a real damn cookie once in a while, and run down the street to burn it off, not to cause riots from your hunger.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 5:23pm
Isn't this the one where the truck crashes and the women climb all over it?  really weird.Confused
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 6:39pm

C - "Goodies for Grown-Ups" just doesn't seem like a great title. I thought it was about the 'X-rated QVC-style Sellathon' I stumbled across on the Oxygen Channel a few weeks back, where they were literally hawking 'Toys for T*ats'...(no, I am NOT joking), a bit late into the evening.

Nope. This is the 100 calorie cakester commercial, which is lame and silly.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 7:56pm

QVC has that stuff?! Confused Yeeesh. I'm pretty sure that was a line from the commercial, though!

IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 8:02pm
I agree, Christine. And we all remember the first Cakester ads with the kids whispering about the amazing Cakester at camp. It's a kiddie snack cake, and now because they make it taste worse (cutting calories) it's supposedly become "adult"? But hey, with a name like "Cakester", it surely shall draw in the most sophisticated shoppers. At least, at WalMart.

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Second, if a grown woman gets THAT EXCITED over three (I'm guessing that's how many = 100 calories) tiny cookies to a pouch, then clearly she's starving herself too much.

I bet the package says "1 cookie per serving" but has 3 cookies in it, really being 300 calories total if you ate all 3.  They have the 100 calories on the front of the package to get people to buy it and they'd not lie because, technically, it would be 100 calories per serving.  That reminds me of the (very fattening but good) TGI Friday's mozzarella sticks that can be purchased in the frozen food section of your supermarket.  It has 7 sticks per package, but the box says '1 stick per serving.'  Come on, who is going to eat only 1 stick and go through the trouble of cooking it?  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2009 at 3:25am
I've noticed with cookies, that they'll inform us how many "cookies per serving", and decide the calories based on that.  Why don't they just list how many calories each cookie has, and let me decide how many in a serving?

clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2009 at 8:36pm
This reminds me of the Snackwell's fad there in the 90's. Exact same commercial type, women going crazy over an item.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2009 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've noticed with cookies, that they'll inform us how many "cookies per serving", and decide the calories based on that.  Why don't they just list how many calories each cookie has, and let me decide how many in a serving?

Because only "they" know how much you should eating (regardless or size, age, or species)... you couldn't possibly know this on your own! WinkLOL
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 7:43pm
Christine! Long time no see! Welcome back! Smile
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 4:32am
I can't stand all the SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAMING

WHY, WHY DOES EVERY COMMERCIAL HAVE TO USE SCREAMING!!???   

SCREAMING AT ME DOESN'T MAKE ME WANT TO BUY YOUR PRODUCT, IT MAKES ME WANT TO KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS!!!!

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 5:59am
Ha, thanks moochamoocha! Embarrassed
skullface2112 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skullface2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 11:34pm
Since when does a f**king lo-cal diet excuse for a snack cake get the Beatlemania treatment? Either all those women each have a couple of screws loose or the cakes used in the ad have nicotine or crack in them. No one I know personally has this much of a dimwitted brain to chase down a poor guy and his truck like a dog chasing a dump truck. Besides, I heard this sh*t sucks anyway.
"Never doubt the power of stupidity in numbers." Why do you think there's so many crappy commercials out there?
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 7:40am
BUMP!!
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 2:32pm
I just saw this ad yesterday.  I couldn't MUTE the thing fast enough! 
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic