Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peyton Manning!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peyton Manning!
    Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 11:48pm
Can I put him here? I've seen him on Mastercard ads Oreo ads and some others I'd wish he'd go away now. Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 12:47am
I like his commercials.
Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2009 at 5:16pm
Alas, poor Peyton Manning... good football player (though I'm no Colts fan), in crappy commercials (i.e. Mastercard).  
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 4:13pm
Yes, he totally deserves to be a "repeat offender." He's one of my favorite football players, BUT... in his commercials he's such an asshole.
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2009 at 8:39pm
Felony grade offense-  saying "it's on like Donkey Kong"  what the hell?
cornflake View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 12:31am
Why didn't Eli get any ads for winning the Super Bowl? Peyton is overrated.
Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2009 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Yes, he totally deserves to be a "repeat offender." He's one of my favorite football players, BUT... in his commercials he's such an asshole.

True... in one of his Mastercard commercials, where he told fat people to "keep their shirts on" (something like that), he INDEED was being an asshole, for I felt offended 'cause I am a little overweight though.  (Please don't laugh)
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 3:41am
Agreed. He comes across as really being full of himself. Although, I liked him in that Sony commercial with the panel of James Brown (football), Peyton, and a chicken mascot. The chicken goes crazy and Peyton tries to hold him back. I thought that was funny.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 3:28am
There's one with Eli, Peyton, and their father.  I don't know what the hell it's for.  All I know is that, the way it's shot, it looks like Eli and Peyton are little puppets, and their father, the puppet master.
canfield727 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canfield727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 4:45pm

Did you guys see Peyton Manning against the Dolphins, last night?  First play of the game...touchdown pass.  The Colts offense had the ball for a total of 11 minutes the entire game...and won.  The man can do whatever he wants.  I say, he's off limits in here.  His charisma is better than some of the writing he has to read.

CHUCK MY N0RR1S
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 2:47am
If you have DirecTV you will more than get your fill of Peyton Manning from July through December. He's one of the pitchman for NFL Sunday Ticket. I like Peyton and most of the ads are sort of funny--he never seems to take himself too seriously.

Cornflake--Eli has gotten in on the action with the Sunday Ticket commercials this year. Eli and Peyton each do an ad in front of a huge display screen showing game highlights of the other brother. Plus Eli does a couple on his own.
Hundreds of threads killed.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 9:55pm
"Cornflake- Eli"? Granted Eli isn't as camera friendly as Peyton but he's a great quarterback....... Roll Giants!!
Better actor than this guy anyway.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

"Cornflake- Eli"? Granted Eli isn't as camera friendly as Peyton but he's a great quarterback....... Roll Giants!!
Better actor than this guy anyway.
I started a thread on those 'H&S' ads...and NOBODY NOTICED! Actually, they're starting to 'grow on me' now (but NOT in the can - NO WAY!).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:52am
Hubby calls Peyton Manning "Alice the Goon", because he resembles that character from the Popeye cartoons.
Mansion Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansion Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by canfield727 canfield727 wrote:

Did you guys see Peyton Manning against the Dolphins, last night?  First play of the game...touchdown pass.  The Colts offense had the ball for a total of 11 minutes the entire game...and won.  The man can do whatever he wants.  I say, he's off limits in here.  His charisma is better than some of the writing he has to read.

As a Colts fan, I have to agree. As long as he's firing rockets to the end zone like some kind of football supercomputer, he should be allowed to talk a little talk.

And I couldn't agree LESS with the person who said Manning was full of himself, as it couldn't be further from the truth. He's a humble, likable person off the field. You want a self-absorbed a-hole, you need go no further than Tom Brady's locker.
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 5:52pm
the whole oreo sports campaign was retarded
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Stacy Stacy wrote:

Hubby calls Peyton Manning "Alice the Goon", because he resembles that character from the Popeye cartoons.

I don't see the comparison, Paris maybe.
                  vs.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Angry Lil Fat Man Angry Lil Fat Man wrote:

the whole oreo sports campaign was retarded

Oh yeah, but they're not done yet!

they go against the Donalds on 1-24-10 I know this because of the stupid commercials they continually air on TV.Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic