Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Other versions of commercial jingles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenomatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other versions of commercial jingles
    Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 12:08am
https://jenifermckitrick.bandcamp.com/track/kars-4-kids

I am starting a series of my own recordings of the best/worst jingles.
Had to start with this one.
J
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 12:56am
Do the Skyrizi song!!!

It's so effing lame that it's one of my most hated of all time.

I might like a punked up or speed metal version of it, though.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 12:57am

Are you the "jenifer mckitrick" that has some Youtube vids and a Wikipedia page?

Anyway, I'm not quite clear what you mean by "other versions". The link you posted only gives 8 seconds of the song.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 1:07am
Try this one....

https://jenifermckitrick.bandcamp.com/track/kars-4-kids

I got the 3+ minute version.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 3:36am
Why? Confused
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 5:45pm
How about this?

Ok...no, don't this one.

NO...GOD NO, SkyRizi, that horrific f-ing tune! 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 9:13pm

Somewhat related:

There was one product that "repurposed" another product's jingle some years back.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 9:43pm
Commercials in the 1950's, 60's and 70's were not subtle at all.

The words to most commercial jingles basically amounted to....

Buy our product, it's a good value and has many benefits.

Unlike today where half the time the message is so subtle, you're not even sure what the product is or why you need it, but you come away with the impression that really cool people who you'd like to identify with use it so maybe if you do too, you'll be cool like them.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 11:24pm

Yeah. At some point, I'm gonna hafta think about Medicare supplemental plans. I don't know who's cooler, who I should identify with---JJ Walker, Joe Namath, or that old biddy in that other thread.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah. At some point, I'm gonna hafta think about Medicare supplemental plans. I don't know who's cooler, who I should identify with---JJ Walker, Joe Namath, or that old biddy in that other thread.

They're all equally cool.

I guess it's too bad Mick Jagger and Keith Richards aren't doing those ads.

Yet.

I just signed up with a Medicare Advantage Plan.

$0 monthly premium, $0 co-pays and $0 for meds.

Still have to pay the standard Part B Medicare premium, but next year I might try to find one that reimburses me for all of part of that, too.

I chose this one because my current Dr is in their network.

I didn't want to have to change Drs on such short notice.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 11:57pm

Half the reason I stay at my job is so that I don't have to look into Part Bs and Advantages and Supplementals, etc.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 12:07am
It's actually not that complicated and the brokers are really good at walking you through it.

I was leery about doing it over the phone, but the reps are never in their offices, so you either have to make an appointment for in person or just do it by phone.

They'll walk you through everything.

If you have a doctor you want to stay with, they'll call the office and ask which plans they accept then you can pick from them.

But understand that a Medicare Supplement plan is different than a Medicare Advantage plan.

The supplement plans charge a premium on top of your part B premium whereas the advantage plans usually don't.

At any rate, you still have until Dec. 7 to do it this year.

Or wait until next October.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 8:31am

Thanks for the info. But as long as I'm fully covered through work, I don't need any of that. I have my basic Medicare, but my work coverage negates the need for that, too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 2:27pm
Well, you said that coverage was half the reason you stay at your job, so I figured if you wanted to retire the info would be helpful.

I assume you're going to stop working there at some point before they carry you out feet first.

One more thing, is your work insurance free, or do they deduct it from your pay?

Many or most Medicare Advantage plans offer all that coverage for free.

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 2:31pm
TANGENT ALERT!!
With Skyrizi, I always sing to it. "Things are getting QUEER ER..."
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Thanks for the info. But as long as I'm fully covered through work, I don't need any of that. I have my basic Medicare, but my work coverage negates the need for that, too.

I would have saved a lot of money had I ditched my work plan when I became Medicare eligible. 

I use HUMANA Gold, the HMO, because my clinic and hospital are in network and they include dental and vision. I pay the same $170/month as Part B alone. $250 deductible on prescriptions, then most are free. $50 credit toward their OTC each quarter, though the site for that is the worst, and the listed prices are inflated.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 1:03am

Thanks for the info!

I think I pay $60/mo for my coverage through work. I pay $4/mo for each of my two Rxs. And I just went to the doc for my first visit this year. That was free, but my labwork cost me $150. So, $250 out of pocket this year; I can't really complain.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic