Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Navy - Xmas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 12:37am
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

Summer's still my favorite season. I like the time between Halloween and New Year's too. January there's not a whole lot to do in Ohio.

People who live in areas that get super cold in winter usually prefer summer.

People who live in areas where it gets super hot in summer usually prefer winter.

Especially given that the weather people hate in those two seasons tends to last a long time.

Up north harsh winter cold can last a good five months just like down south sweltering summer heat can last a good five months.

I heard there's an area of northern Arizona that has a kind of high elevation, where it's comfortable all or most of the year.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

Summer's still my favorite season. I like the time between Halloween and New Year's too. January there's not a whole lot to do in Ohio.

People who live in areas that get super cold in winter usually prefer summer.

People who live in areas where it gets super hot in summer usually prefer winter.

Especially given that the weather people hate in those two seasons tends to last a long time.

Up north harsh winter cold can last a good five months just like down south sweltering summer heat can last a good five months.

I heard there's an area of northern Arizona that has a kind of high elevation, where it's comfortable all or most of the year.

Agree on everything there. As much as we like Florida in the winter, I don't think we could handle it in the summer with the heat and hurricanes.

In Ohio, there's always a good chance of accumulating snow from November to April, and flurries can happen this time now in October. Some areas north of here had snow yesterday.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 7:05am
Quote January there's not a whole lot to do in Ohio.

Take up snow sculpting. Heck, sculpt some lifesize NASCAR cars out in a field somewhere... Big smile
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:46pm
About the political ads... How do you think I feel, being in Pennsylvania? Ermm

Here are my options:
1. A fugly bald guy who dresses like he's homeless
2. Dr. Oz.

WTF, PA? That's the best you can offer? Thumbs Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 11:02pm
I don't live in PA, but it's an interesting Senate roster. Oz only moved there for the campaign and possible win.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 1:06am
Yeah, Oz moved to some home just a few miles just a few miles from me. His official HQ address that was listed on his site, Christ I would drive by that little dumpy office complex every day, no signs...nothing stating this is where he  or his employees "works." Just looking at this building, it's hard to believe he chose this place. Probably just a damn mailbox. 

I MAY watch this f-ck-nut debate tomorrow....just for any potential crappy, stupid soundbytes. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Yeah, Oz moved to some home just a few miles just a few miles from me. His official HQ address that was listed on his site, Christ I would drive by that little dumpy office complex every day, no signs...nothing stating this is where he  or his employees "works." Just looking at this building, it's hard to believe he chose this place. Probably just a damn mailbox. 

I MAY watch this f-ck-nut debate tomorrow....just for any potential crappy, stupid soundbytes. 

He couldn't spell the city name he supposedly registered in. I guess he made a gaffe about abortion during the debate that was all over the news and internet.
Capt. Beefheart View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt. Beefheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 2:18pm
I live in S. Carolina, and we often visit Myrtle Beach during the "off season". I've met many Ohioans who migrate there during the winter months. They say staying in a hotel room (at reduced rates) is cheaper than staying home and paying heating bills.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 2:59pm

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

So how'd that work out for you? Any big soundbytes from the evening? I can think of one.

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 10:06pm
Not only are they scraping the bottom of the barrel for talent, they're also stealing taglines. "Sorry.. Not Sorry" is what Reese's has been using for about a year!!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 8:33pm
I hate hate HATE these commercials! I practically broke my finger pushing the mute button the other day so I wouldn't have to hear this off-key chick butcher Deck the Halls.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

I hate hate HATE these commercials! I practically broke my finger pushing the mute button the other day so I wouldn't have to hear this off-key chick butcher Deck the Halls.

Talk about panic.... this came on and I couldn't find the remote! I tried covering my ears with pillows, but not thick enough to muffle it
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:57am
Not for nothing but the entire Xmas ads before December thing has being going on for some time. I remember these ads back in the 80s
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic